Lobby: Up
Online: 54
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:00 pm 

Hello!

So I haven't found much about this issue, but it seems in a variety of areas on a variety of mobs, stunning their TP move will crash players.

I have been searching for a solution to this, because I run into players that never have issues with this or crash. I have recently confirmed with a friend that we are using the same version, with the same video card, and the same setup (borderless window ect). Yet I crash and he doesn't. I also get players in PT asking me not to stun. I can't find anything anywhere that gives reasoning to this.

Does anyone have info to shed some light on this issue? Much Obliged.

Running log of mobs/moves that crash upon stun:
KRT: Ogre Bat: Ultrasonics, Blood Drain
The Boyada Tree: Mourning Crawler: Cocoon, Poison Breath

Last edited by Steena on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:12 pm 

You can report which move was stunned to nas.

This shouldn't happen in most cases, it's quite rare.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:43 pm 

It happens repeatedly on nearly any TP move in bats KRT, Crawlers in Boyada Tree, and even Birds in Cape Terrigan/Coast. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:46 pm 

I've ran into this issue many times. Although from my experience the entire PT will D/C a short time after the WS is used to stun the TP move.

It seems to be common knowledge at this point, and most people tend to avoid using Weapon Skills that Stun.

Twitch
Siren Roll Call~!
Siren Server Community FB Group - Formerly known as sirenffxi.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:56 pm 

Like I said, on every specific stunned mob TP move, send nas the details to have it fixed. Don't just say it's "all of them".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:23 pm 

That makes no sense though, why would my friend never ever crash? It's client side it seems.

Something with the way their game is setup has to be different than mine. They never ever crash off a stun, yet I do.

Nabutso: Since you seem very adamant of how to fix the issue, I will use my first post to organize a log for mobs and moves that crash to send to nas.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:17 pm 

This is far from quite rare, it's been like this for years, certain zones are worse than others, but always seems to happen in KRT and dynamis zones

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:21 am 

PW chariot form
"flying" monsters

I feel like you know how some mobs do that weird distorted glitch if the mob is too big itll crash you if you see it on screen

also if party glitches and you see area instead of hp tp moving down to select a party member crashes you

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:25 am 

I havent been crashed by a tp move in the 1+ year I've been playing here, not even once, nor do I know any close friends that have had it happen to them, nor have I heard of people crashing from it constantly.

Again, exact TP move: send the data to nas.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:09 am 

Its 100% factual that certain mob types do this. Crawlers, single bats and beetles as well, I also think antlions.its specific mob types, not specific tp moves or zones. Also, this doesn't always happen, and not everyone crashes, often times, just 1 person gets boot loadered