Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Steam Link/DS4/Ashita
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:21 am 

Hey returning after quite some time, and I'm cursing myself because this was an issue I seemingly solved years ago, but neglected to post the solution. Doubly frustrating is I'm almost certain this would of had the answer for me, but was deleted.

So in short, can anyone help me setup a controller to work with steam link? The config seems to recognize the controller when its plugged in through steam, but its almost as if after booting through the command screen, the game is "closed" in steam's eyes for all intents and purposes. I seem to recall the solution had something to do with changing something in steams launch options for Ashita which would allow steam to recognize both it and the launched FFXI client as the same game, but what that setup would look like I haven't a clue.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:15 am 

Alright, well I KIND OF solved my problem one of two ways:

By launching the boot.exe directly instead of the Ashita launcher, it works as intended. The downside being this skips the resolution profiles set by the Ashita launcher, thus you're dependent on using nasomiXI config to change your resolution settings.

If instead you add a command to your resolution settings in the nasomi launcher for your username and password (ex: --user username --pass password), the nasomi launcher will skip right to the boot.exe with resolution settings intact! However, this isnt without issues as well, as for whatever reason bringing up the steam overlay causes the game to crash (whereas the first method the overlay works just fine)

I'm still working on this issue, so I'll update if anything new comes up!