Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:26 am 

Once in a blue moon I'll try to launch Ashita, try to launch Nasomi, and it will open up a window but then freeze. After things become unresponsive, I eventually have to end the process using Task Manager. Because of this, I have a constant "Boot.exe" process (the command prompt thing where you enter your username/pass) running in the background that never closes.
Even if I try to end the process with Task Manager, it doesn't go away. And then if I try to shut down, it hangs for forever, waiting for Boot.exe to close. I've walked away, went to bed, and woke up the next morning with my computer still trying to shut down.
I have a new PC running 64 bit Windows 10 Home. I'm using the Ashita 2 client as per the website (i saw there's an Ashita 3 out there after googling.. not sure if anyone uses that for Nasomi).. Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas I can try for the next time this happens?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:45 am 

Just to rule it out, have you made sure the legacy components are enabled/installed?

Start/Run, appwiz.cpl, click "Turn Windows features on or off", then make sure .NET 3.5 is enabled, and then expand the Legacy Components tree and make sure DirectPlay is enabled.

That should cover most the bases, unless we also need additional older Visual Studio runtimes as well... I had them installed because of other legacy software (older Office products and such), so can't say for certain if that has any bearing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:52 am 

You can't use Ashita 3 for nasomi, it's not allowed.

It sounds like you have serious issues with windows - do any other programs have a hard time closing? Have you tried closing it from the Details tab in task manager?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:35 pm 

RAIST5150 wrote:
Just to rule it out, have you made sure the legacy components are enabled/installed?

Start/Run, appwiz.cpl, click "Turn Windows features on or off", then make sure .NET 3.5 is enabled, and then expand the Legacy Components tree and make sure DirectPlay is enabled.

That should cover most the bases, unless we also need additional older Visual Studio runtimes as well... I had them installed because of other legacy software (older Office products and such), so can't say for certain if that has any bearing.

I did not have .NET 3.5 enabled - turned that baby on, we'll see if it works.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:37 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
You can't use Ashita 3 for nasomi, it's not allowed.

It sounds like you have serious issues with windows - do any other programs have a hard time closing? Have you tried closing it from the Details tab in task manager?

Hmm nope I haven't really had any other problems.. I believe I did try closing it from the Details tab but I may not have known which items were related.. I'll take a more thorough look next time.