Lobby: Up
Online: 66
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: IRL pic thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:31 am 

I've had similar threads on other private servers and it was usually pretty fun. Post the player behind the character (no NSFW pics obviously). It's nice to put faces with avatars sometimes. Maybe some intros about yourselves. I'll start. You can post as little or as much about yourself as you like. No pressure. Just for shiggles.

Nasomi Character Main: Andrev
Retail Server: Hades/Cerberus (2003-2011)
Retail Character Main: Andrev
Bio: Dad, gamer, musician, artist, actor, voice actor, chef, jack-of-all-trades. I host a cooking show online that I'm looking to expand on in the future called "The Manliness of Cooking" currently on FB and Twitter and hoping to get to youtube soon. My life is filled with hard rock, heavy metal, hockey, and gaming. Primarily a bassist but also play rhythm guitar and dabble in drums, piano, and harmonica. I want to learn violin and harp. I draw anime/manga. I've done acting and voice acting with various character profiles. My most popular voices of other characters are Stitch, Meatwad, Marvin the Martian, Kermit the Frog, Beavis and Butthead (as well as their teacher Mr Vandreissen and Principal McVicker), Hank Hill, and Cleveland (Family Guy). With various original voices, one of which sounds akin to Mrs Venture or Howard the Duck (MCU). My kids are crazy, but that's to be expected. My oldest is tall, muscular, plays hockey, and is a drummer. My mid son is into funk/soul, hockey, and wants to learn guitar. My youngest son unfortunately only lived to be four months old but showed enjoyment while listening to Pink Floyd. I've worked on various tv/movie sets including Revolution, Safe Haven, One Tree Hill, season 1 of Walking Dead, and Iron Man 3. Usually spend my time with the girlfriend, the kids, gaming, jamming out, or playing Dungeons and Dragons or other various tabletop.

I'm usually a pretty open book and have zero problems answering literally any questions. Look forward to seeing you guys in game.

Photos also include one from trucking on the road. I did a contest for a free tshirt giveaway for anyone who could guess where I was with "Standin' on the corner". Last one was when I got to hang with Powerman 5000 and Soil and talk about my cooking show.

Post subject: Re: IRL pic thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:23 am 

Nasomi main: Jei
Retail main: Jerith @ Titan.
Pic from 2003 or so lol

I quit computer engineer and took Computer animation program instead (out of youth stupidity lol). This has given me a real unique skill set. I understand the whole process of 3D production, both the tech side and art side.

Today I work in an animation studio in Bangkok, Thailand. Their product is not the best, but the job stability is really good (full-time, not contract based)

And here's my 10-month-old Taru girl. The reason I cannot play long or PT most of the time lol.

Something my studio did a while ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJQKbhysL6M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:11 pm 

Dude, sweet. I know you're in animation but what about just general video editing? I suck at it and having trouble finding a good program I feel comfortable investing money in so I've been looking for people to edit videos for episodes of my cooking show. Paid. Not much, but paid. Pay would increase as show becomes more popular. Would you or someone you know be interested in such a thing?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:44 pm 

I took a class on editing but that was 10+ years ago. No experience other that so I'm not comfortable to do it I'm afraid.

Every Frame a Painting channel is really good if you're interested.

https://vimeo.com/channels/everyframeap ... /166319350

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:25 pm 

Hey, another Titan player! I don't recognize the name but I used to play there as well (name was Wake) and my RL friend just started here who used to play a DRK named Jigo on Titan. I think we played most around 2004-2005, he started a bit before me though.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:01 pm 

-

Last edited by Trilonte on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:19 am 

Content removed.

Last edited by Sinclair on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:41 pm 

Heck yeah dude. What world are you on with FFXIV? I'm on Brynhildr. Alts on Balmung

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:26 pm 

IceCadaverX wrote:
Heck yeah dude. What world are you on with FFXIV? I'm on Brynhildr. Alts on Balmung

I'm retired from FFXIV, but I was on Coeurl.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:58 pm 

I love this idea but I feel like I should make more friends on the server before I post a picture of myself!
Also Nasomi's one "rule" (be it a joke or not) makes it even more frightening.

I'm only level 38 in game (slowly crawling my way back up to that beloved 75..) and have just returned after a short break.
Played on Ramuh originally! Started around when I was around 10 years old. Haven't had the pleasure of meeting many people from Ramuh :(