Online: 31
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2016-03-24 Maintenance
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Today's maintenance brings about several stability fixes, having to do with the chat system.

Additionally, the MogHouse linkshell will be broken. This has been a tough decision that I've been debating with myself for some time now. Without constant moderation, the conversations in MH ls have taken some ugly turns. Additionally, players have used it to spread toxic and false information to the masses. With the current population levels at nearly 700 distinct ip's logging in every day, 1500+ per week, there are more than enough players to populate multiple private linkshells. This will hopefully promote a more healthy, even if somewhat more competitive, game play experience.

To prevent players from trying to re-create MogHouse, a pearl limit of 250 has been imposed on all linkshells, similar to how it was done in retail. If your shell has more than 250 pearls, you will not be able to create additional pearls until you've dropped below the 250 threshold. If you need linkshell cleanup, reach out to me and we can work something out.

This may create some challenges with party finding, however we are working to implement search comments and should have that ready in the next update.