Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Giving This A Try
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:58 am 

Hello everyone :) my name's Kevin and I am hoping to give this edition of FF11 a try.

I've been hearing about it over time, was always concerned it was something I wasn't going to like especially with a smaller community and having left the original game behind me with a broken heart years ago.

I haven't made a character yet or selected a server, but back in the day I went by Sarisah on Cerberus (previously Hades who got eaten by his own dog). I don't remember how many years I played but I wanna say 3-4?

I was the lead puller of a Dynamis group and had a group of friends I frequented with. Unfortunately the year the Abyssea expansions came out began to mark the downfall of my career in game. Everyone I knew started to quit and I held on as long as I could but eventually I let my mithra go to sleep as well and always felt like I'd left a part of me behind when I uninstalled the game and moved on at the end of 2010.

Now here I am 10 years later, it's hard to believe it's been that long. I watched ff11 transform with "modernization" over time and gave FF14 1.0 and ARR a good solid try but eventually came to hate them.

I'm hoping even though I work a full time job right now I will be able to come in and enjoy this game with this community again, I've forgotten almost everything and it'll be a nostalgic painful journey but I still wanna try. I'm gonna miss the WotG content though, I loved the past and the dancer subclass but I'll get by.

Once my character is made I will put them in the big list above :) thank you all, hope to see you in game.
Thank you to the dev staff that has put together this server to honor the original game.

Post subject: Re: Giving This A Try
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:40 am 

Welcome! What do you have to lose? I've been playing off and on for almost 2 years. It's not consuming my life, but when I have time to relax and want to unwind, it's a real good way to blow away anywhere between 2 and 735 hours.