Lobby: Up
Online: 63
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:42 pm 

Hello,

wanted to do a quick introduction! Played retail for a good while only up until (Sky / SEA / Dynamis) - didn't really get too engaged in ToAU and beyond. I have been lurking forums reading about Nasomi and decided to take the plunge and see how it goes!

My goals on the server are to gain new friendships, enjoy the nostalgia, and get back to good ol lvl 75 content! - I plan to main a BRD! - I installed yesterday and got my WHM to lvl 8 in no time at all so it won't be long before you start seeing me tootin my horn! - I am totally down with static XP parties (not that I think I will have issues finding party) but I like to surround myself with consistent, quality players - so if I am ever online HMU if you think you can get a banging xp party together!

Either than that, I look forward to meeting you all

/bow

Thel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:47 pm 

Hello all,

I am in the same boat as Thelonia! I have been lurking on youtube and this website until I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and began downloading FFxi again! My prime FFXI years were 2003/04/05. I was RNG Main with KO, E-Bow (I got the drop) and all that at a time when E-bow was 10mill+. I was very experienced in Sky and Dynamis but never finished the COP quests to get to Sea. I quit for a while and then got back into it a little after ToAU came out (2007/08?).. eventually quit again then tried it again when the level cap was raised to 99 and HATED it (Hated it). I have never experienced a game that I enjoyed so much as FFXI. I am excited at the idea of being able to play in a private server with PRE 75+ LvL cap, expansions, and updates!

I'm not so excited about starting all over (I had 110+ days of game play on my character), but if that's what it takes to experience this game in it's prime again, I'm down to try it!
I plan on playing a RNG main again.

I do have a few questions:
I'm not familiar with BitTorent but saw a Youtube video on how to set everything up.. Unfortunately I had already downloaded and installed all expansions for FFXI already before realizing there was a bundle with everything needed already. Is there a document to help me with the setup if I cannot use the "bundle" provided on this site? Like the details of what I need to do to manipulate the game files and such to make POL point to the private server and everything else needed? If not, I could uninstall everything I have and start over with the bundle if that would be the easiest method.

Sorry to be such a n00b about the setup!

My old Character's name was FauLt and I played on the Lakshmi server!

Thanks in advance!

/bow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:53 pm 

hey and welcome FauLt !

If you go to the downloads tab on the main page you can just download the files that are needed to be altered in your main game file, although it might be best to get confirmation! so don't uninstall everything just yet

keep in touch, I just started leveling last night so maybe we can start a mini group for lvling so we can progress quickly and efficiently!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:58 am 

Hey Thelonia,

I am going to try and install all of the associated files tonight. I like where your head is at for the mini group!

I'll let you know how the install goes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:52 pm 

Thelonia,

I was successfully able to install and start playing late last night. I'm level 5 THF in Windy. Add me as a friend in game, I'd like to party!

- FauLt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:37 am 

friends list does not work

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:10 pm 

Welcome both of you!