Lobby: Up
Online: 86
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:16 am 

Hiya everyone. Me and my good RL friend Dauingen made the decision to try out Nasomi. We both wanted to get that old feeling back, and taking a quick look at retail nowadays. It was too much..
We live in Europe Norway so will play on EU peak times. But if i know myself from playing retail on and off since US launch up until 2013, I will sit into the nights - early mornings in the weekends :D

So here we are, installed and updated the client over night and just b4 going to work this morning I managde to make my chr a cute little Taru named Snitch starting as WHM first job (will focus on getting this to 75 first , when ever that will happen with my time, took me like 6 months way way back in retail to get BLM 75 my first job hehe).
I will Dualbox right from the start so 2nd chr Taru will be made asap when I get back home. AFTER tweaking settings, enable joypad install switchmon etc etc. Set it all up :D

But have a few questions I cant seem to find the answers to on my own:

1. Is FFXI View 2.0 allowed and just install like on retail? (new icons and fonts)

2. When dualboxing on retail we got rid of the blinking in and out of chrs (windower i think did this), is this possible on nasomi/ashita? I saw a few vids of ppl playing , and chrs blink in and out like in good old days. When dual boxing this is nice to have feature, since auto follow on a chr that changes gear = follower runs alone in a straight line.. If not possible to remove blinking in and out on gearswap, more macros on mule follower is needed, and abit more alt-tab (switchmon on joypad).

3. Spellcaster implemented in Ashita? for spells and gear macros.

4. Is is allowed to level up enfeebling magic with scripting in macros from spellcast, or is this considered botting. (yes call me lazy but having capped Enfeebling magic is sweet, and to do it the manual way with normal play will take "years" if your not RDM main. )

5. Is the macros etc saved on Nasomi server or client based? (if needed to install on other devices).

Sorry for long post, but sitting here at work and can't wait to get back home and start playing. Tried the IRC webpage , but work is blocking something get this error msg up: Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/........ You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.partyfm.dk (port 843).

This also reminds me to setup remote desktop on home pc :P

Well cya ingame !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:09 pm 

Hey there! I highly recommend you read the rules in the wiki page

http://nasomi.com/wiki/doku.php?id=new:rules

1-2: Nasomi only allows player to use certain Ashita plug-ins. If you download Ashita from Nasomi's torrent, these plug-ins are turned on by default. While those 2 don't seem to give you any unfair advantage, I'll go ahead and say no you should not use them.

Same as 3: no bots or automatic tools allowed whatsoever

5: macro are all client side.

But hey, if you like the old days FFXI you'll still enjoy it here all the same. Trust me there are certain charm to the way the game was even without all the conveniences :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:31 am 

Hi, thanks for reply. and ment enhancing magic not enfeeble. But totaly agree with you. Realy dont need all this extras. Its what I got used to over the years.

But I had an awesome time online yesterday. Managed to set it all up. Graphics, made a few macros for Dualboxing, switchmon my trusty 360 razer sabertooth (with D-Pad buttons under it) joypad. And 2 accounts, Lilo and Snitch (Snitch = main chr) .

Sitting back at work now, and already im watching the clock for when I can go home and boot up Nasomi server again.. Super thanks for giving us this possibility Nasomi and the rest of the guys/gals pulling the strings :)