Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:27 am 

Hey everyone! I used to play FFXI in '05 and '06. I liked the game a lot, but I never got too far in it. I stopped subbing in '06 because I couldn't justify the price for how little I played at the time.

I discovered Nasomi last week, downloaded the client, and have been having a lot of fun remembering the game I used to love playing. I read through the *getting started* section, and it was a great read, but there are still a couple things that are a bit of a mystery to me.

a) Crafting. I read through the Nasomi crafting guide a couple times, but I still really don't understand except that it has something to do with elemental crystals and the phases of the moon. Is there another guide that might clear up the basics for a beginning crafter?

b) Level Sync. Seeing as I don't have a whole lot of time during the week to play (usually 5-15 hrs a week) I plan on leveling fairly slow, but this level sync seems to give the opportunity for characters of different levels to still be able to group up and gain exp. How does this work exactly?

Look forward to my time in game with ya'll.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:01 pm 

Hey welcome! Check out the FFXI Wiki as there is a ton of information available on there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:44 pm 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
Level sync is pretty much something in the game that allows the party leader to make everyone in the party go to a certain member's level. So for example, if you had a party of 10 11 12 13 14 And 15, the party leader could use level sync and sync everyone to level 10 if he wanted to.

Note that you can only sync down. In this example of the past leader choose to sync to the level 12 player instead, the level 10 and 11 players would be unaffected and the other players would sync to 12. You lose any slowdown affects on your gear when you sync, as far as i know.

Crafting is complex, but basically every item has a recipe. For example, you smelt bronze by using a fire crystal and selecting 3 copper ore and a tin ore. The direction you face and the moon phase can impact your results. I have never bothered with these, as I've never been a high level crafter and feel it's irrelevant when dealing with the basic beginner crafts. Ie my level 3 alchemy is never going to HQ a beeswaxv with regulatory no matter the moon or direction. Keeping up is this not worthwhile for my purposes. If i were about to craft a scorpion harness... If politically pay attention. :)

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:14 am 

You don't need to know all the extra nuances of crafting when starting out. Just start by learning the recipes and skilling up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:44 pm 

Thanks for the responses and tips.

Okay. Step 1: find recipes. Also reading this http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=24&mid=109129201095984695 helped me to get a grasp on the beginning aspects of crafting. It's an old post, but it's from '04-'05 so it might be relevant to Nasomi ffxi.