Lobby: Up
Online: 80
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi there!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:54 pm 

Just joined last night. Played for a couple of hours getting my rdm to level 8. I've played on and off since NA release. I was on the first day it was out. Had 3 level 75 jobs when it was hard. Then square Enix hit the easy button and I had all jobs 99 and maxed merits. Looking forward to some old school FFXI. Have a few questions though...

A. Are there many linkshells on the server?
B. Are the high level mobs that were added to many zones like CN, dargruf Wadi, etc. on this server?
C. Old school parties must exist. Out of rdm, thf, mnk and blm what would get me parties best?
D. Any crafts profitable? Have a product demand?
E. You all ready for me to conquer this server? I'm ready. :D

Post subject: Re: Hi there!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:07 pm 

A) There are many, yes. There is also a server LS. Just ask anyone you see for a pearl to try and get one, if you want.

B) They are not in the game but the are. Meaning that the mobs in those areas have the name of the Higher lvl mobs but are actually the old/normal level.

C) RDM or BLM would probably get your the most parties.

D) Crafting can be profitable but you may want to consider having a solid gil flow from something else as things can tend to sell slowly on the AH here. I'm not aware of any 'in need' crafts' though. Could try asking in the Server LS.

E) GET SOME!!

Welcome to the Server!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:36 pm 

Elvtin pretty much answered the questions so I'll just go ahead and say Welcome to the server!

My number one tip here is: enjoy and have patience, there's a lot of slow moments in the game (especially early-on) due to the population.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:38 pm 

BLM is easiest to get a job with, RDM is second to that. There are many THFs, and not as many MNKs.

No lv 99 mobs except in the TOAU areas (they were changed to prevent exping there, though the areas are still accessible)

The economy is different here and its a very slow start, especially for Mage jobs that need to buy spells constantly. Save your gil for spells and get them at their vendors and not on AH.

/welcome