Lobby: Up
Online: 14
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New to the server!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:39 am 

Hello, my name is Chozo and I am very excited to be playing FFXI again! First off, thanks to the dev/devs for having this server done. I know i'm what...4 years late to the server, but hey it looks like there is still activity...

Anyways, so i've run into an issue (maybe). I keep completing these long fetch quests in town, and it'll say "Obtained X amount of gil" but then I look, and sure enough no gil! Also, everytime I receive an item for a quest, it'll say something like remove 5000 items from your inventory to accept this. I dunno, just a thought. Either way, it's stuff I can overlook because this game is so great.

See you all in game...MAYBE? :D

Post subject: Re: New to the server!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:41 pm 

Nothing wrong with the game. Square is updating text on the server side. Nasomi tries to keep up with it. But it lower on the priority to fix as it isn't broken, just misleading. Look on FF11 wiki to see what the real reward is. Typically no quests will give gil other than the 50 gil from the adventure coupon and Rank quests.

Honestly when JUST starting out, your best bet is to farm specific monsters for their crystals and drops. To get crystals you need SIGNET which you get from a Guard by the gate. Aka W.W. / I.M. / R.K before their name.

Example:

Windy - Crawlers/Bees for Silk, Wind Crystals, Earth Crystals (Which don't sell much), and Bee stuff

Sandy - Funguars/Orcs for Dark Crystals and Fire Crystals

Bastok - Lizards for Fire Crystals and tails

Once you get 12 of something you can put it on the AH and try and sell it for 10-15 gil under what they are selling for. So if 12 are selling for 1,000 sell for 990.

Two Important Notes.

Note One:
(There is no limit to the number of items you can sell even though it says you can only sell 7) Just don't click Sales Status otherwise you will have to rezone to be able to sell something.

Note Two: THIS IS SO IMPORTANT AND USEFUL.
You can access your Moghouse outside in the field. That means you are not stuck with the 30 inventory slots you think you are. Shovel everything in the Case & Satchel, leave Sack for your equipment so it is a bit organized but you can always use it as well for materials.

That will give you about 200 slots to work with vs the normal 30.

To access your Moghouse press "-" then press Right Arrow scroll to "View House" and you can see all of your mog house. Some are only accessible while in it, but the case has 80 slots, satchel/sack have 35 I believe. which is 150 slots plus the 30 you start with.

Your process to getting money should be.

Signet => Kill monsters => move stuff to moghouse and SORT, repeat until moghouse is full of stuff. Once full go to AH and spend 30 mins transferring things from Moghouse back to Inventory and on to AH sell at 10-15 gil less than what is asking until everything is cleared out from moghouse.

This is a good starting strategy and should be used for a long time, until you know more about how crafting/fishing/NM camping can help burst your Gil even faster.

Crafting - Huge gil investment, but great payout and useful too.
Fishing - Boring but good payout
NM Camping - Boring but good payout and good for specific items like Leaping Boots

Post subject: Re: New to the server!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:27 pm 

Thanks for the detailed information mate! Really appreciated and am using a few of these tricks. I've been selling just basic things but I plan on doing crafting in the future, so i'm storing crafting materials for when that happens. Maybe i'll see you in game :D !