Lobby: Up
Online: 36
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New/Old Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:29 pm 

Hello all I've just joined your community. I still play FFXI on Bahamut but have never been happy with the handouts and easy upgrades the game has become.
I started on FFXI back in 2004 when I bought my son the game for Christmas. He really didn't like the style of play and I took it over. His character is still active on my account but my main character is Azlo from San 'dOria.
Ive tried playing WoW which is the game my son went to but never liked the hand holding style of play and tbh thought it had more true grind than FFXI.
Azlo is a red mage at heart but also a drk and thief.
I have long considered a private server to play the classic game where teaming up and making friends is the most enjoyable part of the game. I was on FFXI auction house reading a post about how others wanted a classic server when several posts put down Nasomi, so I did some research and decided to join.
I'm hoping that the old game style has been preserved with mobs that once you agro them they chase you till you leave the zone, where whm come to raise you even though its on their time and partys scatter for safety when a mob attacks (after chasing another ill fated player across the zone) on its way back to its hp.
This danger made things exciting and an adventure.
Hoping to see you all in the game. Look for Azlo II coming soon.
Cheers

Post subject: Re: New/Old Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:44 pm 

Welcome back to ffxi! It's pretty close to classic retail. There's some differences, but it's still a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:13 pm 

Thank you. I'm looking forward to playing. However atm I'm having trouble creating a character. When I try to login to create the character I get the message I have lost my way. Do vpns effect anything?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:20 pm 

Sandy try using a different browser. Or maybe it's the password you're using for the game account or the forums. Let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:33 am 

Hello again. Just an update. I was able to create an account by using IE. However when I tried to create my main, after the name selection and world pass options I could not proceed any further due to a time out connection error. Going to try and reset modem, reboot system and see if that's the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:34 am 

3113 error means name taken. You must re-launch the game (and use a new name) if you get that error because any subsequent name will return that error.