Goldsmithing 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Clothcraft 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Leathercraft 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Bonecraft 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Alchemy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Cooking 42%  42%  [ 8 ]
Total votes: 19
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:04 pm 

Right now i've finally hit 1mil in cash (huge amount for me) and I've been looking to start a craft, as a relative newbie (i had 75rd/brd back in the day, but it was long enough ago that i'm basically just a newcomer now).

I feel completely overwhelmed in even picking a craft, right now I have leathercraft at 36, i don't really enjoy it so i'd like to start from scratch.

Basically what i'm asking for here is:

1: what craft would you recommend?
2: why would you recommend it?
3: what's the profit like at different levels in that craft?
4: what's the cost like?
5: can you use the things you make?
6: are there some really difficult levels in that craft (i.e, 1-60 GS is about 1 mil, 60-65 is 3mil, so there's a jump there from what i just read in another post)?
7: what are the big items you'd like to or currently craft in your chosen craft?
8: what are you tips for someone about to undertake levelling that craft?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:07 pm 

So you're basically asking people to tell you how much their craft cost, what they make for profit, and how to get past the hard points in the skill up process. I have three crafts at 100. I'm not trying to be a dick, but why would I tell the entire server how best to compete with me? Crafting is already crowded at the top.

https://www.topshelf.team/
2017 TS Fantasy Football Champion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:17 pm 

if someone could please answer these questions for CC, that'd be great.. mmk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:42 pm 

frobo wrote:
Right now i've finally hit 1mil in cash (huge amount for me) and I've been looking to start a craft, as a relative newbie (i had 75rd/brd back in the day, but it was long enough ago that i'm basically just a newcomer now).

I feel completely overwhelmed in even picking a craft, right now I have leathercraft at 36, i don't really enjoy it so i'd like to start from scratch.

Basically what i'm asking for here is:

1: what craft would you recommend?
2: why would you recommend it?
3: what's the profit like at different levels in that craft?
4: what's the cost like?
5: can you use the things you make?
6: are there some really difficult levels in that craft (i.e, 1-60 GS is about 1 mil, 60-65 is 3mil, so there's a jump there from what i just read in another post)?
7: what are the big items you'd like to or currently craft in your chosen craft?
8: what are you tips for someone about to undertake levelling that craft?

They all have their nuances, I wont list them here but I'd suggest doing them all to 60, see which you enjoyed most and continue with that one.

There is no one craft that you can level easily and just cash in, they are time consuming or costly to level, sometimes you can choose which, sometimes not.. esp at higher levels.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:09 pm 

Fid wrote:
So you're basically asking people to tell you how much their craft cost, what they make for profit, and how to get past the hard points in the skill up process. I have three crafts at 100. I'm not trying to be a dick, but why would I tell the entire server how best to compete with me? Crafting is already crowded at the top.

no, i'm asking how much their craft cost, what levels are difficult/expensive in that craft. (i.e, 98+ CC)

i'm not asking for their best crafts at it, i'm asking what the "big crafts" (i.e, HQ staves, sniper rings+1 etc) they look forward to.

>I'm not trying to be a dick, but why would I tell the entire server how best to compete with me? Crafting is already crowded at the top

I didn't ask that at all...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:32 pm 

frobo wrote:
Fid wrote:

no, i'm asking how much their craft cost, what levels are difficult/expensive in that craft. (i.e, 98+ CC)

i'm not asking for their best crafts at it, i'm asking what the "big crafts" (i.e, HQ staves, sniper rings+1 etc) they look forward to.

>I'm not trying to be a dick, but why would I tell the entire server how best to compete with me? Crafting is already crowded at the top

I didn't ask that at all...

not verbatim, but your questions amount to it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:38 pm 

frobo wrote:

I look forward to synthing 8-material synths (after traveling around the world to get the mats, depending on conquest) for several hours a day just to make maybe 200k (or nothing if someone decided to synth the same item that day).

I don't actually look forward to it. Don't level cooking.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:43 pm 

No one with half a brain would answer many of these questions.

This is a single server, not one of dozens like back in the day on retail. Hell, back then, anyone with half a brain probably wouldn't have told you anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:44 pm 

By the way, you should take all the advice here as a true response to the same question when this was asked in retail. However, in retail, they were much more clever - telling you that if you synth only at specific times, you will have great success.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:14 pm 

Waste tons of gil to level Goldsmithing to 90. Make crazy profit of 10k/synth on lvl14 rings.