Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: WIKI Fixes and Beta WIKI
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:35 pm 

Hi folks,

Nas was able to correct the loading problem for the current wiki on 17/AUG/2017 so that should be back up and useable. Before he found the cause of this he created a new WIKI http://nasomi.com/wiki4/index.php that folks could use while troubleshooting the cause. For the moment the new wiki is in Beta, so as a community we have the option to use both locations and after a while I'll go ahead and run a poll to see which wiki the community likes better and then we can tell nas which one we want to keep for good.

I'd like to ask the community to keep the following items in mind with regards to adding and editing pages on the Wikis.

• Please always add comments to detail what changes were made or why a change was made. Leaving the comments blank is in poor taste and is more likely to be reverted if someone doesn't know where you are coming from.
  • Anything that is a minor change (typo, location, name, single add/removal of a table, etc) should be marked as such.
  • Whereas adding new sections or rewriting a section to update the content as a result of a server change these (to me) are not simply minor changes.
  • When making new pages, take note of the categories for where you place your new page. For example, on the old wiki anything quest related starts out with Quests:Quest-Portal, Jobs would fall under Jobs:Job-Portal and any items for new users or basic server related information would fall under new, such as http://nasomi.com/wiki/doku.php?id=new:first-time
  • On the new wiki page there is a tab called "Discussion" that should be used to talk with the community about change(s) and even to share details that may not be 100% confirmed.

If other people have suggestions for best practices for editing the wikis, please do discuss your thoughts and suggestions within this post. I also welcome you all to use this post to discuss the pros and cons of both wikis (both as an editor and a visitor)

I'd also like to ask if you need to report an issue or something that you would like changed/corrected, that you please make a new post instead of posting a reply here. That way folks can help you with the report and it keeps this post on topic.

Your WIKIMonkey,

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:16 am 

Nas changed the path to http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:52 am 

Looks like someone barfed up the main page;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:48 pm 

Went ahead and reverted it back to the last actual edit of the page.

One user had edited over 15 times adding random stuff each time. Im not quite sure what that was about.

Edit: They hit a bunch of other pages too. These have all been reverted.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:16 pm 

They hit the pages again, reverted them again.

http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... tions/Toru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:00 am 

rip wiki. long live the wiki!

(the wiki has been down for many hours)