Online: 77
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 pm 

rori wrote:
Zephton wrote:
I have fought tons of gobs in this game and their behavior seems no different then it was in retail. Gobs were always a risky camp choice in the dunes. Good parties could rock amazing exp from them, where the avg pt would just suffer amazing exp loss.

All mob behavior is different on Nas. Mobs always use their TP moves at 100% TP. This was not true in retail, mobs should only be using skills when at 100% tp if they're at 25% HP or less. Otherwise they should be waiting until they're at 300% tp.

That's really the biggest reason why Bomb Toss is so dangerous, mobs are getting 100% tp at 90% hp and using it. If they were properly holding off until 300% then they'd likely be down below 70% which makes the damage from bomb toss significantly less.

Beastmaster can take advantage of this on Nasomi where they couldn't on retail, which is sweet.

Goblins are on here because there are groups in Valkurm that are BSTs or /BST and throw lizards at IT++ goblins and wait for them to suicide. It's a decent camp at 16-18~ and doesn't require a healer, a PL, or even a full group. Any class can join as long as they have Charm or a Carbuncle, too.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:28 pm 

rori wrote:
Zephton wrote:
I have fought tons of gobs in this game and their behavior seems no different then it was in retail. Gobs were always a risky camp choice in the dunes. Good parties could rock amazing exp from them, where the avg pt would just suffer amazing exp loss.

All mob behavior is different on Nas. Mobs always use their TP moves at 100% TP. This was not true in retail, mobs should only be using skills when at 100% tp if they're at 25% HP or less. Otherwise they should be waiting until they're at 300% tp.

That's really the biggest reason why Bomb Toss is so dangerous, mobs are getting 100% tp at 90% hp and using it. If they were properly holding off until 300% then they'd likely be down below 70% which makes the damage from bomb toss significantly less.

You're right, for the most part - besides the fact that enemies on retail above 25% HP didn't just WS at 300(3000)TP, they'd WS randomly above 100TP. Most the time they'd WS in the range of 200-250, but they can WS at 100 too, though it was rare.

As for Goblins, I'd stay clear of them personally unless you have a great team with a PL, or can abuse Bomb Toss for a positive outcome. I'd be surprised if the damage depending on HP was actually coded, that aside, the odds of Barfire actually helping you against an IT~+ Goblin aren't great. A lot of misinformation with these spells, which has been around since inception. The bar spells (and Carols/Resistance on gear) only give you a chance to cut the damage of magical attacks (which has varying levels, 1/4 resist, 1/3 resist, 1/2 resist), they are not giving you a static mitigation to the associated element. Not to say don't use it, because it can save lives, but Barfire alone, against enemies significantly higher level than you (IT~+) won't be making a considerable difference, and I can assure you this is properly coded -- give or take some. It's not something I'd rely on to enable EXP on these enemies if it's the only source of fire resistance you can muster.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:46 pm 

Insight wrote:
rori wrote:
Zephton wrote:

You're right, for the most part - besides the fact that enemies on retail above 25% HP didn't just WS at 300(3000)TP, they'd WS randomly above 100TP. Most the time they'd WS in the range of 200-250, but they can WS at 100 too, though it was rare.

As for Goblins, I'd stay clear of them personally unless you have a great team with a PL, or can abuse Bomb Toss for a positive outcome. I'd be surprised if the damage depending on HP was actually coded, that aside, the odds of Barfire actually helping you against an IT~+ Goblin aren't great. A lot of misinformation with these spells, which has been around since inception. The bar spells (and Carols/Resistance on gear) only give you a chance to cut the damage of magical attacks (which has varying levels, 1/4 resist, 1/3 resist, 1/2 resist), they are not giving you a static mitigation to the associated element. Not to say don't use it, because it can save lives, but Barfire alone, against enemies significantly higher level than you (IT~+) won't be making a considerable difference, and I can assure you this is properly coded -- give or take some. It's not something I'd rely on to enable EXP on these enemies if it's the only source of fire resistance you can muster.

In my (albeit limited) experience, Barfire doesn't seem to offer any damage resistance % at all, just an increased resist chance. Resists are usually a flat percentage of damage reduction, I believe in retail it was 25%/50%/75% in each tier. That being said, I've observed that these Bar spells seem to offer a much higher % of resist chance than what I can remember it being in retail. I've noticed that having a Bar spell up has caused me to resist a very noticeable majority of the time, and are resisting at 50% a lot of the time. I've mostly tested this against Bomb Toss, Self Destruct, and Hypothermal Combustion, (Barblizzard) but the difference is absurdly clear and it doesn't seem to be that dependent on HP%.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:47 pm 

Zephton wrote:

I think the same you, however there is the occasional goblin who reaches camp and blows itself up in what seems an unreasonable amount of time. I was under the impression that enemies used their TP moves at 3000TP when HP is 20%> and at 1000TP when <20%