Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:25 am 

Hello,

I'm working on building out the BST page for camps and would like to solicit feedback from BSTs that have been soloing on Nasomi. I can only really check out the camps starting at 32, as that was as high as I got my alt's BST up to, so I'm limited in experience for Nasomi BST solo/duo.

Where I'm starting:
In addition to using a mob database pages from 2004/2005/2006/2007, I'm using these guides I am using for a baseline:

Any and every piece of feedback that folks can share will be of great help in getting this page updated and in a workable condition. Likely even before I finish the 6-man party guides.

How you can help:
1) If someone is leveling bst, and is willing to check some of these camps to see if the levels are inline with a successful camp (i.e. Mobs are only giving < 100 exp when it should be more). Please use this thread to share feedback.
2) I'm also looking for feedback on what content should be added to the page.
- Things like what to charm and what to kill?
- Do you want to just know the level of the mobs to kill?
- Etc.

Thanks!

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:09 am 

My friend and I have been duoing since about....18ish? we are 33 now. We get on and grind almost everyday.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:43 am 

robitussinmd wrote:
My friend and I have been duoing since about....18ish? we are 33 now. We get on and grind almost everyday.

Right on! If it's not a hassle, please keep us posted about what works/doesn't seem to work for you. :)

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:39 pm 

robitussinmd wrote:

I'm the friend in question here. To be honest, much of the 18-25-ish range was simply throwing EM pets into the faces of EP/DC monsters for the ol' quick and safe grind. It's particularly effective on Nasomi, and tends to make the pre-{Leave} levels a bit less of a pain in the ass. We've been attempting to find good level ranges for T+ encounters, but at lower levels, these are few and far between -- particularly so here, where goblins and other beastmen are often more trouble than they're worth. Below are a few notable exceptions:

Valkurm Dunes: 18-24
(18-20)
Pets:
Sand Hare
Snipper
Prey:
Damselfly

We did a bit of roaming here, migrating away from the Oasis whenever a party would show up. The Oasis makes for a really solid spot to camp from, as there's a constant supply of crabs and hares in a pinch, and plenty of flies to roam toward for relatively easy chain 3+. 18 is a little rocky with so few EM Snipper options, but flies are pretty weak.

(21-24)
Pets:
Damselfly
Thread Leech
Snipper
Prey:
Beach Pugil

Pugils are incredibly soft targets. As long as you're careful about not eating a Screwdriver to the face (or at least being at near full HP should you do so), there's little risk and easy chains. Camp on the beach without the boat, as parties seem to gravitate to the boat camp more commonly. If both sites are camped, or someone is tearing up all the flies for Valkurm Emperor, camp at the secret beach.

???: 24-28

Pretty much everything we tried in this level range was hot garbage. We ended up grinding EP/DC mobs in Valkurm to 26, then Shoal Pugils versus Poison Leeches in Buburimu until 28. It's boring, but it works. If anyone has suggestions that worked for them, I'd love to hear.

Qufim Island: 28-29 (possibly 33? See below)

Pets:
Clipper
All Bats
Prey:
Greater Pugils
Wight

Pugil alley is a great camp for this, but is commonly camped. As a BST, it's way easier for you to migrate than a party, so it's generally a safe bet to just migrate elsewhere if a party camps on top of you. You'll get better experience with a bigger pool of unkilled pugils anyway. We camped on the western end of Qufim, using Clippers and any night-spawned bats against Greater Pugils and Wights, and it was pretty easy/safe exp, albeit a hint on the lower side.

It's quite possible that we could have continued up to 32-33, using Pugils and Clippers against Acrophies, but we wanted to check out Korroloka Tunnel, which was an acceptable route from 29-31. We stopped for the night at 29, so we never tested the Acrophies theory.

Korroloka Tunnel: 29-31
Pets:
Huge Spider
Clipper
Prey:
Huge Spider
Clipper
Spool Leech
Lacerator

Lacerators and Spool Leeches are approximately level 29-32, much like the Clippers. We started off using the room where Falcatus Arenei spawns, charming EM spiders and using them to clear the room of any T spiders for experience. From there, we used spiders versus Clippers for easy chain 3+, given the quantity of available crabs. Exp starts to slow considerably as quick as level 30, but it was an acceptable way to hit 31. If Falcatus ever spawns, kill that jerk by throwing animals at it until it dies. If the webcutter drops, send a tell to Attoinette to rub it in her face. If the spider/clipper room is camped, take a trip north of the Bogy tunnel and use the abundance of Lacerators and Spool Leeches to your advantage.

As a bonus, the Morion Worm is easily duoed (or soloed really) by a beastmaster of this level. All spawn points are close enough to the main tunnel to pull Thread Leeches, Huge Spiders, or Combats up to throw at it until it dies. Bring a few pieces of Iron Ore for a shot at a free 35k-ish gil every 15 minutes or so if that's your cup of tea.

Eastern Altepa Desert: 31-33
Pets:
Huge Spider
Prey:
Huge Spider
Sand Beetle

At 31, a good portion of the spiders will con Tough. Toss spiders at spiders for quick kills. Even with the crazy amount of migration you have to do here to find pets and prey, it's still remarkably easy to chain 3+ with a duo here. Don't bother with beetles until you're at least 32, if not 33-34. They all con IT and your spiders are still pretty damn weak. We were able to take one down at 31, but it took a pair of spiders between the two of us, and pets are sparse at 31. It wasn't worth the time.

Gusgen Mines: 32-36(?)
Pets:
Galinipper
Myconid
Prey:
Feu Follet
Earth/Thunder Elementals

If you like dangerous but effective exp, this camp is great. Enter Gusgen, go straight through the mines until you descend a few ramps toward the three closed iron doors. Open the left one and stick to the left wall, sneaking up where necessary. Go to the north-west corner and follow that path down, then invis up to get past the initial string of bombs. Myconids will all be EM and below, while Gallinippers start EM at 32, and go up to 35, making this camp a bit riskier at 32. Don't be afraid to charm a tough; on average, they won't dip into your experience that much. Throw two pets at a Feu Follet and wait for the explosions. This should be obvious, but do not assist your pets fighting bombs. Stay far, far away. Self-Destruct is the bringer of many experience points, but also death to those too damn close for comfort. Eating 400-500 damage to the face rarely results in survival.

Every pet down here aggros to sound. Bombs and elementals (which are almost always up, thanks Konschtat Highlands) aggro magic. The place is dangerous, but very fun. We're going back tomorrow. :V

Sea Serpent Grotto: 35-36
Pets:
Royal Leech
Undead Bats
Prey:
Undead Bats
Sahagin

This place wasn't particularly great, but it functioned as a decent bridge between Gusgen and Altepa. Royal Leeches and Sahagin aggro sound.

Eastern Altepa Desert: 36-40(?)
Pets:
Sand Beetle
Desert Spider
Desert Dhalmel
Prey:
Sand Beetle
Desert Dhalmel

This place is great. Dhalmels die easily. One set of pets will take down an IT Dhalmel with plenty of Sand Beetle health to spare. Sand Beetles make decent prey when they spawn as Tough, but should be primarily used as pets or chain fodder.

Last edited by Kora on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:43 pm 

Nice! I'll find someone to sync to and hit up a few camps, then do some solo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:00 pm 

Quote:
If the webcutter drops, send a tell to Attoinette to rub it in her face.

Oh man. You jerk. lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:08 pm 

Attoinette just reminded me of a rather particular addition: Jellies seem to make incredibly disappointing pets on Nasomi.

Their insane damage reduction to physical attacks seems to be active for player characters making an attack against Jellies, but monsters ignore it entirely. Jellies were getting hit as hard as any other monster in the game whenever we charmed the buggers. On the flip side, this also makes them incredibly easy farm targets for Beastmasters, as they're susceptible to pet damage, and they can actually be used as viable prey targets.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of a camp from 1-75 that this helps more than it harms. I'm already lamenting the loss of Bost{tab key}{enter key}'s slimes versus bat camp in the mid-fifties. If the slimes there act the same way as the slimes I've seen in Ordelle's Caves and Korroloka Tunnel, that camp is going to be worthless.

Edit: It's also going to make solo/duoing Subligars in the Aqueducts a bit more dicey. Two IT slimes should be more than enough to trounce a few T fomors, but not to the nutty degree that one could do it on retail.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:47 am 

After a trip back to Gusgen, I've added elementals of all varieties to the list of prey. They spawn usually around the EM-T range, and they have very similar attributes to slimes, that being that pets seem to do normal damage against them. Farming clusters while farming experience was a fun time!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:37 am 

Kora wrote:
After a trip back to Gusgen, I've added elementals of all varieties to the list of prey. They spawn usually around the EM-T range, and they have very similar attributes to slimes, that being that pets seem to do normal damage against them. Farming clusters while farming experience was a fun time!

It was quite fun. Getting about 2 levels and some change we managed to get about 5 lightning clusters each killing elementals while waiting for Feu Follets to respawn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:00 am 

Kora wrote:
[...]

Valkurm Dunes: 18-24
(18-20)
Pets:
Sand Hare
Snipper
Prey:
Damselfly

[...]

Quick page update with some of the details in your post. Not sure what is better: level headings or zone headings. Any thoughts?