Lobby: Up
Online: 33
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:59 pm 

medux wrote:
Infidelc wrote:
There was a BST shell a while back but it kinda died off. Anyone want to start a new one because I'd definitely be down to group up. My BST is only 19 and I need to level up my WHM but I'm down to play most Saturdays.

Can you sack puffball/chutoy i can't figure out how to send PMs on here lol

Lol yeah I can, use our recruitment topic though not this one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:01 pm 

medux wrote:
We had 15 + BST's on last night at one point. Did a 10 + HR party full of BSTS went 30-41 yesterday.

Good lord. I wish i could do this but i usually only play for an hour or two at a time. I've got a long slow grind ahead of me. That is awesome for you guys though.

I was on briefly last night and saw a very full, but very dead LS. Think i was on for about an hour mining and then for a bit while XPing and no one talked, lol. It was a strange feeling--and unusual.

More on topic with this thread: i just dinged 21last night doing gobs between tunnel and beach (leechers are hell due to cure 3, but rest are great; oasis has never not been taken when I'm on) and am now finding pugs on the beach to be really sporadic. I got chain 3 on my first batch then the reswpawns all took 3 pets each to kill and i got down to under 50 hp twice during those.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:08 am 

At 43, can do more crawlers vs goblins in Yhoator Jungle @ F-10 clearing. Most of the crawlers will be Tough at 43 with a few Even Match, Opo-Opo's Decent Challenge to Even Match. Most gobs checked Tough to Incredibly Tough. At 44, crawlers ranged from Decent Challenge to Tough while gobs were mostly Tough with a few Very Tough.

Big open area, gobs kinda spread out a bit, but wasn't too hard to make chain 3 consistently solo.

Watch for coeurl which aggro sight, crawlers aggro sound. Also, the Goblin Poacher's ranged attacks are quite strong.

The coeurl in the area are VT-IT at 44, could possibly be okay for a duo.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:08 pm 

Heyo new beastmaster here who recently leveled from 1-25.
1-12 ronfaure (pretty standard boring stuff)
12-15 Konschtat peninsula (meh camp until crabs near the lake then it becomes pretty alright except for that one sheep NM.)
15-18 Tharongi canyon (pretty alright camp in terms of charming dhamels and proceeding to kill yagudos and other dhamels.)
18-24 Carpenters landing north sandorea entrance (absolutely brutal at lower levels in the sense that everything aggros except pugils and flytraps but once you get the ball rolling at 21-22 the camp is swift sailing from there on out. Charm beetles to fight funguars for exp, charm non plant things and have them fight wasps for suicide exp, and send 2-3 pets at orcs for tough exp at the lower levels. Once you get to level 22, then you can charm flytraps and then you will want to murder everything though keep in mind of beetle/wasp aggro as well as water/thunder elementals when casting healing spells)
24 Carpenters landing pond entrance of Jugner forest (This area is fairly friendly at level 24 in the since that it seems that only funguars aggro while the beetles and wasps do not. Tigers appear to be even match-tough and flytraps are definitely tough so it might have potential to level higher but I will need to test the area when I hit level 25. At this area, charming beetles to fight funguars seems to be alright exp if you like killing a chain of decent challenges.)
25 Carpenters landing pond entrance of Jugner forest: At this point the Tiger camps and Flytraps become more accessible to being charmed and there are plenty of even match and tough enemies to fight at an alright rate allowed me to get a exp chain of 3. The only danger in this area are the two tigers, weather elementals, and ghouls during nighttime which you can also kill for more even match/tough exp though watch out for waterga.
http://i.imgur.com/27BEt9H.jpg

Will probably update this post as I level further.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:37 am 

Just came back from a brief hiatus and got right back into some solo leveling. Pushed out 24/25 grinding the leeches in Buburimu Penninsula which was easy but boring XP. Decent gil selling the drops to the vendor though.

Decided to move on and find a new area. Was told Rolanberry Fields sucked cause there was an OWNM in the best camp, but saw a lot of DC/EM bees and crawlers while riding through to Jeuno so decided to come back and try anyways and boy am I glad I did. I OP warped to Pashow and walked into Rolanberry and just started meandering a bit killing bats at night with bees and then bee on bee or bee on crawler. Very rarely the crawlers would be Tough and I'd just move on, wasnt worth the time to try and kill those. XP was totally acceptable doing this but then I wandered up by the two lakes to the west and found it to be a GREAT camp. I did 26 just killing bats and snippers with crawlers for the most part--too scared to try and charm a leach because of my bad experiences with them in marshlands, but at 27 I sucked it up and tried it. They are easy tames and the charm lasted seemingly forever. I also braved up and decided to try some of the goblins around the lake. Super good XP. They killed themselves pretty routinely. I'd work a circuit of gambler to mugger to the IT smith to get regular Chain 2s for almost 300xp each. Could have EASILY done this at 26 if I had just tried. Great camp!

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:08 am 

Guedj wrote:
Just came back from a brief hiatus and got right back into some solo leveling. Pushed out 24/25 grinding the leeches in Buburimu Penninsula which was easy but boring XP. Decent gil selling the drops to the vendor though.

Decided to move on and find a new area. Was told Rolanberry Fields sucked cause there was an OWNM in the best camp, but saw a lot of DC/EM bees and crawlers while riding through to Jeuno so decided to come back and try anyways and boy am I glad I did. I OP warped to Pashow and walked into Rolanberry and just started meandering a bit killing bats at night with bees and then bee on bee or bee on crawler. Very rarely the crawlers would be Tough and I'd just move on, wasnt worth the time to try and kill those. XP was totally acceptable doing this but then I wandered up by the two lakes to the west and found it to be a GREAT camp. I did 26 just killing bats and snippers with crawlers for the most part--too scared to try and charm a leach because of my bad experiences with them in marshlands, but at 27 I sucked it up and tried it. They are easy tames and the charm lasted seemingly forever. I also braved up and decided to try some of the goblins around the lake. Super good XP. They killed themselves pretty routinely. I'd work a circuit of gambler to mugger to the IT smith to get regular Chain 2s for almost 300xp each. Could have EASILY done this at 26 if I had just tried. Great camp!

I tried this camp today, I wasn't really that impressed personally. I went up there and decided to just throw Crawlers at each other instead, with intermittent Bees and Quadavs in between spawns. It was solid, not great but OK.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:53 am 

howdy 34 beastmaster and 31 redmage (like to sub beast) in game, looking for help.

Having a lot of trouble at this point even though I scooped up some decent gear finally, (emp pin, leaping boots, peacock charm, dodge earings, and astral rings, as well as appropriate level armor).

Should I focus on easys and decents? I keep looking for good camps (tried jungle and quifim like many guides suggest for those levels. Anyhow I saw some other suggestions on this list I will check out.

Seemed like beast men are also too tough only success I have had are with goblin bomb parties in dunes with 2 other bst, but often I am solo and without strong enough pets around beast men are too tough. Only exception is I can charm tough leeches and really plow through gigas but the leech drops charm effect really fast.

I am assuming rdm/bst will get better when I have phalanx and stone skin but that feels really hard to pull off so far

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:54 am 

In game name is Longi btw hit me up I need duo partners.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:50 pm 

I played beast in retail over the years and on other private servers quite extensively. With regards to xp with least risk of death I always went for dc pets and went after ep's it is almost no risk of death and easy most efficient way of xp'ing only if your scared to die.

The other side of the coin I have also gone the other way by charming toughs and sending them after VT's. Doing that one best run I had was a T mob against VT gobs, by accident my pet started linking multiple goblins. First one drops bomb right away on himself and dead, second link send pet after drops bomb on himself after 1 swing, 3rd link send pet after same thing etc... I had just went up a level in the 30's. In less than 2 minutes I went up another level due to all the gobs in the area linking to my pet and dropping their bombs when my pet attacked them. I about pee'ed my pants, then after last goblin dies pet un-charms and kills me. Level down. Now this was in retail when mobs did not de-spawn and wandered aimlessly around so guessing I had linked a group of mobs that someone already linked together and then died while trying to run for the zone.

That was just once in a lifetime thing as it had never ever happened again to me but in the end after playing aggressively and then playing it safe on another toon. It took about the same amount of time for each to level just due to the number of deaths I had playing aggressively.

However I made way more gil playing it safe because of all the EP's I had to kill to go up a level.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:32 pm 

Jaysee wrote:
howdy 34 beastmaster and 31 redmage (like to sub beast) in game, looking for help.

Having a lot of trouble at this point even though I scooped up some decent gear finally, (emp pin, leaping boots, peacock charm, dodge earings, and astral rings, as well as appropriate level armor).

Should I focus on easys and decents? I keep looking for good camps (tried jungle and quifim like many guides suggest for those levels. Anyhow I saw some other suggestions on this list I will check out.

Seemed like beast men are also too tough only success I have had are with goblin bomb parties in dunes with 2 other bst, but often I am solo and without strong enough pets around beast men are too tough. Only exception is I can charm tough leeches and really plow through gigas but the leech drops charm effect really fast.

I am assuming rdm/bst will get better when I have phalanx and stone skin but that feels really hard to pull off so far

Korolokka Tunnel is a great spot for 31. Go to the part of the map where Falcatus Aranei spawns and throw Clippers at Spiders. You can also fight EM Clippers vs. T Clippers and that might be good as RDM/BST since you can actually debuff the crabs. It kinda sucks as BST/WHM because crabs die slow but RDM should wreck them. This is pretty decent XP at 31, slows down at 33. I stayed until 34 anyway because everything else was pretty "meh" and I wanted to camp Falcatus Aranei anyway.

At 34 you can probably move into Eastern Altepa Desert and fight Spiders vs. Spiders. Spiders are so soft that you can probably farm them with any subjob you want. I spent 34-50 soloing pretty much exclusively as /THF because of all of the gil I was making off of Spider Webs.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next