Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:49 pm 

why so few posts here? Did the forums get wiped recently? I am starting a white mage and was wondering if they are sought after on this server? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:55 pm 

Mindtrip wrote:
why so few posts here? Did the forums get wiped recently? I am starting a white mage and was wondering if they are sought after on this server? Thanks

The job specific forums aren't as popular, right now. It takes active forum users, who also have questions about a job, to make an active job forum.

If you have questions, I'm sure they'll get answered though by folks that have it leveled. As for it being sought after, it's pretty sought after for end-game. Not as much for leveling, compared to RDM, but still generally speaking.. going to get invites pretty well, because of the lack of healers in general.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:08 pm 

Thanks! think i will stick with it and see how it feels. I always enjoy being a healer or support class, Bard sounded interesting but figure the group I play with could benefit from a few heals.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:50 pm 

In addition to competing with PLs at some levels, you have to compete with everyone's WHM or RDM alt.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:02 pm 

I got to 75 WHM in a little over a month. It was my first job to 75 (and only job to 75).

Make a good tank+dps friend (someone who can do both - on one job, like SAM), and have you two form the party every time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:28 pm 

I am currently leveling whm, it was my first job as well. Subbing blm for now and striving for 75. I got parties quickly up to the 40s then going lfp didn't work so much. I notice alot of whms leveling these days. I also dual box i think having a healer to dual box is common. Rdm is definitely sought after having refresh. Though a good whm can still carry parties just fine.

Just be ready to spend all your money on spells. I didnt start making real money till late 30s but it seems to pick up as you get to higher level

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:00 am 

Make your own parties.

There's a ton of jobs that don't require refresh and usually are also LFG.

Make friends.

I partied with a ton of NINs, DRGs, DRKs, SAMs THFs, RNGs, CORs, BRDs, and WARs while leveling up (they all don't need refresh and like haste, play to your strengths.

I leveled WHM to 70 in less than a month. Make a decent party that you can support, keep up a haste rotation, use regen to allow you to heal while you're resting. I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number of times in all of those parties on the way up that the puller ever had to stop for my MP.

As if WHMs are sought after endgame - I don't know if people understand how gamechanging a good WHMs Barspells are, how good Shellra V is, and how absolutely ridiculous Cure V is. Not because it heals for a lot, but because it practically has no enmity.

The only thing that sucks about WHM is that nearly all the spells are NPC only. There's not many you can farm for, so you'll be spending a LOT of money to keep your spells updated.