It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:15 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Naimah wrote:
We know but
cthalupa wrote:
Blood Weapon does not.

so how is that helping your dps when you lose 200-1600hp from jumping?

If you can't figure out how to get heals timed, I think that's on you.

SE also lasts longer than BW, so if that's too difficult for you you can always wait until after 30 seconds have passed.

We managed to figure it out on retail, so I'm confident with another 14 years of expertise the people on Nas can too ;)

Sure, adding more variables that may or may not be affected by lag and poor execution in an already quite hectic scenario that requires 20+ people to coordinate via voice chat and on a server prone to game-breaking lag for a measly damage boost that might end up backfiring sounds like something only a real connoiseur and master strategist of this game could come up with.

Those 20 years of XI-science theorycrafting are really paying off.

Let me know when you get to 50 AV kills and we'll resume this pointless argument.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:30 pm 

Searain wrote:
Sure, adding more variables that may or may not be affected by lag and poor execution in an already quite hectic scenario that requires 20+ people to coordinate via voice chat and on a server prone to game-breaking lag for a measly damage boost that might end up backfiring sounds like something only a real connoiseur and master strategist of this game could come up with.

Those 20 years of XI-science theorycrafting are really paying off.

Let me know when you get to 50 AV kills and we'll resume this pointless argument.

Even if you can't or don't want to deal with the healing aspect, it is 100% a damage boost post BW even if your healers do absolutely nothing.

And here's how you can do it without coordinating with any other person:

Use your alt. Start casing the cure, alt tab while counting to to one and a half to two, depending on how fast you alt tab and count, then push jump. You can test the timing on this outside of the zerg and figure out what the timing is. It also doesn't have to land exactly perfectly - even if you have one BW KC attack round not a full health, this is basically a bonus round.

Lag on nas (that isn't your network connection) largely doesn't affect sent commands, so even if you are behind on what you are seeing, your commands are still going off when you send them. The lag in AV is the same sort of lag you see in dyna burns, so you can also test this out there and see commands being sent if you don't want to experiment in an AV situation.

And again, if you're wiping near a breakpoint, also effective to do it there, even with no healers.

You know you've got no argument against the vast majority of my points so you're now trying to pick on one part ("It's too hard to be practical!") while ignoring the rest and trying to appeal to yourself as an authority without making an actual argument and acting like having done some more of a specific thing on nasomi somehow means you understand more of the general concepts in play.

Is it worth it for TS to do it? Probably not. It usually isn't even worth it for RFK, and you guys have more KCs and more gear than we do. We hit the major HP breakpoints going AFK once the zerg is started, and by the time BW has worn off, AV is probably dead, or we are from TP moves - but not always. And there's LS killing AV without the number of KCs we have, with less zerg gear, or otherwise having trouble meeting the DPS requirement - this is something that's within their control and doesn't require items that may or may not be easy or practical for them to acquire that can increase their DPS. My argument has never been that everyone should do this all the time, but that it is situationally useful - I said that from my second post in here, and the first simply said that jumps weren't irrelevant. Everyone can and should use it if they are still zerging post blood weapon, and it's potentially useful even before that, depending on your setup. You're the one that took mortal offense to this idea in general, which is puzzling to me, but whatever.

We can sit here and I can shrug off ad hominems, arguments from authority, and other logical fallacies all day. We'll be going in circles, since nothing relevant is being argued against, but I can keep doing it.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:08 pm 

Rules for playing the game as a DD in any situation.

Do you have capped acc? Cap your accuracy. (unless you're zerging on drk.)
Do you have as much haste gear as you can wear? See below.

This is especially important when zerging because 9/10 you're going to have double marches + haste + hasso + catastrophe haste(can actually sub out some haste gear for this since it counts as gear haste.) This means you're going to get more attack rounds out. This is a flat damage increase across the board regardless of the situation. This is much more important in situations where a fight may only last a few seconds before it's over. I.E. as a DRK /DRG with blitz ring and wyvern earring would win out over HP gear. As one knows your HP fluctuates hard during a zerg as DRK. The flat increase in damage from haste wins out over HP gear as HP varies throughout the course of a fight. Ignore jumps unless they somehow increase DPS? Not sure how it behaves on nasomi.

tl;dr get as close to cap on your haste as you can in any situation or you're bad