Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DRK endgame gearset help
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:27 pm 

Hi all,

I've been lvling a Drk alt to compliment my main's mage jobs, and also to help fulfill our LS' need for more DDs capable of zerg fight strats. I've been taking it slow and saving up gil from my 100 craft as I understand DD sets will be expensive as hell, so I'm only lvl 65 atm but am now starting to eye what endgame gear to aim for.

Can any fellow DRKs help by posting and listing their endgame melee equipset(s)? And weaponskill set(s)?

I can afford 'basic' gear like Hauby+1 and all that and am working towards Apoc (hoarding currency) and a KC, but HNM gear won't be feasible for a while so I'll be looking to substitute HNM gear for other options.

Thank you Nasomi DRKs for the help, I appreciate it. A lot of info on this forum is old so I'm looking for sets people currently use.

-Caledor/Hamith/Malcador

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:55 pm 

Oric or death scythe
Pole grip
Bomblet
Turban or aces
Justice/pcc
Brutal / abyssal
Hauby
Homam hands legs feet, dusk hands and feet aint bad
Cerby
Swift
Raja / sniper

Swap abyssal for fowling/assault if u go with subduer/algol

That's a fairly easy / simple setup for idle

Ws sets you should min/max depending on race/enemy/ws especially with guillotine.

Pdif starts coming off around 500 atk vs most things, acc can be more useful in alot of instances, sucks to miss a spinning slash or 2 hits off guillotine when ur banking on that big hit.

Good AH gear for ws is wyvern helm, tarasque mitts, rk breeches, heroic boots, alkys ruby rings, and such

& ofc +1 is better

Can get a few good heca pieces in sky pretty ez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:50 pm 

Thanks Carrot, that is helpful. Somehow I wasn't even aware of the existence of the item 'Fire Bomblet', shows how mage-focused I've been...

The_Carrot wrote:
Ws sets you should min/max depending on race/enemy/ws especially with guillotine.

Pdif starts coming off around 500 atk vs most things, acc can be more useful in alot of instances, sucks to miss a spinning slash or 2 hits off guillotine when ur banking on that big hit.

Can you elaborate on that part a little bit? Not sure I'm following, but I'd like to understand what kinds of situations to sub in more Attack vs. more Acc outside of the obvious (missing a lot: sub in more acc. Not missing: sub in more Att)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:56 pm 

Happy to elaborate, i just need time to type it up. Busy at the moment, maybe tomorrow afternoon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:19 pm 

Things to know before you read this wall of text:

1. Min/max testing is expensive and usually takes a mountain of gear.

2. Base numbers are only for reference, in general high level enemy stats will be different than what you test your build on.

3. You can save yourself alot of time and gil by finding someone of the same race/job that's already done the testing and knows the builds on different fights, this is what becomes "Meta".

4. This post was for a DRK, information on stats and such change for stuff like mnk or rng and such.

1.1.Knowing your ratios

---------------
1.2.Accuracy:
---------------
Basically accuracy caps at 95% hit rate vs anything.
For 1 handed weapons 2 dex = 1 acc
For 2 handed weapons 3 dex = 2 accuracy.
At 75 1 skill point in a weapon = 0.9 accuracy.
1 accuracy = 0.5% hit rate.
Each 1 level the enemy is above you the hit rate is reduced 2.0%
Accuracy is versus an enemies evasion when determining hit rate.
When accuracy is = to evasion base hit rate is 75% adjusted further by the enemies level above yours (usefull knowledge when building for NMs)
When the check reaches "low evasion" you've achieved 80% hit rate.
-----------
1.3.Attack & DMG:
-----------
Attack is often referred to as pdif when calculating.
Attack versus enemy defense modifies weapon base damage on a ratio scale.
When the enemy checks "low defense" you have 25% more attack, than the enemies defense.
The pdif function has a cap, but I'm not going to discuss that, because at 75 or doing endgame, it's not likely you'll reach the pdif cap on scythe. Even in BiS gear you'd need double min, chaos roll, a balanced build with enough accuracy to use attack food.
------------------
1.4.STR & DMG:
------------------
often referred to as fstr in calculations, or fstr2.
2 str = 1 atk for 1 handed weapons.
3 str = 2 atk for 2 handed weapons.
Str affects attack but str and attack are different.
Weapons base damage is modified by str, then attack modifies the application of base damage.
fstr is your strength vs enemy vitality.
Str also modifies weaponskills with a str modifier directly by the % of the modification.
----------------------------------
1.5.Base Damage and Fstr
----------------------------------
Base dmg on weapons have hidden ranks when doing in depth calculations.
You get your rank by taking your weapons base dmg and dividing it by 9, then drop any decimal.
*Example*
Death Scythe is 97 damage weapon, so 97\9=10.77~ so the weapon rank is 10. The fstr adds bonus damage up to a limit based on the rank of the weapons base damage.
A higher damage weapon can be pushed further using fstr than a lower damage weapon.

--------------
2.1.Getting your practical base numbers
---------------
The method I've used for a long time is finding an even match, that I can dress down to meet a flat check, neither high nor low, defense or evasion.
Then gear up with accuracy in small increments, mixing and matching gear to just touch "low evasion" when you check it.
Lets use our imagination and simple numbers.
Say that happens at level 75 with 100 total accuracy.
Now I know I'm at 80% hit rate, so I add 15% more hit rate, to get this I know 1 accuracy is .05% hit rate, so I put on 130 total accuracy and I know I'm at 95% hit rate versus this enemy. If I want to scale that up to a level 85 enemy, then I can approximate what I need by saying 10 levels over me is 20% reduced hit rate, so I need 40 more accuracy for that enemy, which brings me to 170 accuracy. Now my accuracy is where I expect to need it, and I can work on damage.
------
------
With the same even match, I just start swinging and take note of the damage my regular hits are doing. For the sake of simple math let's say I do 100 damage. I should start around 1.0x dmg since it checks flat defense.
There's 2 things you'll notice when you start adding attack in small increments.
1st the attack doesn't seem to do much for a good few additions to attack, this is because your strength still has you floored. Once you push past the 1.0-1.1 threshhold you'll notice your damage jumps a good bit with adding less attack than before, then it'll slow down a bit. You should be able to check the enemy now to realize it now checks low defense because you've got 25% more attack than it has defense. The attack ratio will plateau at this point and it will take large increases in attack to push the ratio past 1.25.
At 100 base damage, with a 1.25% ratio I should see that I'm now hitting for 125, now I can work on the actual min/max.
------
------
To start with I add str to see how far I can push it. Eventually str will cap, but at the 1.25 point you can potentially gain more from str than if you add a ton of attack. So lets imagine adding str gains me another 25 dmg for 150 total weapon dmg then adding more str does nothing except narrow the minimum and maximum window of damage. Adding more attack in any gear slots doesn't provide enough of am increase to effect the average.
So by maxing fstr in this imaginary scenario I hit 150 max dmg.
Then I remove the str and begin stacking attack, and end up roughly the same 150 dmg.
Now I try mixing it up 1/2 str and 1/2 attack and voila! I hit 165 max damage.
Now I know which stat priority effects my damage output and at what numbers.
-----
-----
You will have to try your own min/max sets based on your target enemy. Then divide your weapon delay by 60 to see how long each hit takes.
Using death scythe as the example
528 delay / 60 is 8.8 seconds per swing so 165 max damage / 8.8 seconds = 18.75 dps for that setup.
You can do pen and paper math at this point to decide how much haste is needed to push larger dps numbers by dropping pieces for haste and such. Just multiply the delay of your weapon by the % of haste then subtract it from the delay to get your new delay, then divide that by 60 to see how many seconds per swing. Example would be 528 delay and 18% haste at 165 dmg is, 528 x 0.18 = 95.04 so 528-95.04=432.96 then 432.96/60=7.216 so 165 dmg every 7.216 seconds is 165/7.216=22.86 damage per second.

Imaginary situation was used to illustrate a method to min/max dps. If you want to go balls in and get deep into, you'll have to do your own math. The functions use approximately 2007 formulas, so you can google fstr/pdif/weapon rank etc etc and get plenty of math to do by collecting data on your build.

Brains tired now and I'm going to sleep, so hopefully this helps a bit or points you in the right direction, enjoy ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:09 pm 

Thanks for the extensive writeup Carrot! Lot to digest here, but I appreciate that level of detail very much.