Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Greatsword Uses?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:02 pm 

GrendelsPRGuy wrote:
Morning Folks, I've been lvling DRK since I started on this server as it's one of the jobs I never touched when I played on live. On live I remember people saying you should keep Scythe & GS capped as you level so I've been doing that.

The more and more I play though, the less useful GS seems. Is there any real reason for me to be lvling GS or should I just focus on scythe and keep moving on?

Great Swords weapon skill are all mediocre till you hit skill level 225 and get Spinning Slash which does great damage and can easily make a light skillchain.

That said Guillotine is still amazing but generally sucks for skillchains.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:35 pm 

Open OR Close Light. Its fun to use for a change of pace every now and then but is largely useless before level 60. A level you just so happen to get Guillotine. Fear notScythe is also utter crap before 60. Go Great Axe til 50-56ish parties and keep Scythe skilled if you can. Spinning Slash/Ground Strike are single-hit versus 4-hit so if you wanted more static damage ranges for some reason its cool. I personally get salty when I guilly for like 200 due to fluke 3 miss with good acc gear and food. It had some more uses on retail for HNM stuff with SATA-GS but nasQuest does not favor tp feeding big bads other than SC-Magic Bursts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm 

Spinning slash also useful for those high def fights, guillotine has decent dmg output until u catch something with a huge def bonus, spinning slash can do better with those fights. Supposed to ignore a good bit of mob def, making it easier to hit the pdif cap on ws. I haven't done the math to see how accurate the defense ignored is vs retail, maybe someone can chime in with proper verification on the % ignored.