Lobby: Up
Online: 42
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:37 pm 

I am currently solo'ing the Spiders in the dessert. I am /thf to help with farming spider webs. Is this the only farm spot that really requires /thf? I am gimped right now but since I am solo I really dont mind. I just don't know if I need to go ahead and level up thf a few more levels for later on with Bst.

Also, jug pets. When do you use them? Right now Courier Carrier (I am 43) can barely make it through one fight against a T. If I try to chain there is no way the crab would make it. At $20k a stack....this isn't prudent. Instead I am charming EM against T or charming T- against T and T+ then releasing it before the final blow happens. I am just trying to find out when jugs are even viable because right now I just don't see the use for them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:12 pm 

Unless what you are farming has a naturally high drop rate, such as blood from leeches in Buburimu, you'll almost always want Treasure Hunter to help in farming, so definitely get THF to at least 37. Depending on your target, Steal is also great for farming as well, particularly on spiders for extra webs and beastmen for silver/mythril/gold coins.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:34 am 

Cherripepsi wrote:
I am currently solo'ing the Spiders in the dessert. I am /thf to help with farming spider webs. Is this the only farm spot that really requires /thf? I am gimped right now but since I am solo I really dont mind. I just don't know if I need to go ahead and level up thf a few more levels for later on with Bst.

Also, jug pets. When do you use them? Right now Courier Carrier (I am 43) can barely make it through one fight against a T. If I try to chain there is no way the crab would make it. At $20k a stack....this isn't prudent. Instead I am charming EM against T or charming T- against T and T+ then releasing it before the final blow happens. I am just trying to find out when jugs are even viable because right now I just don't see the use for them.

Jug pets aren't terribly useful for solo work against EM+ targets. They're more of an emergency pet in those situations. They are very useful for farming EP and below, they do a lot of damage against weaker enemies.

They become useful for EXP in a pet-centric party where each pet isn't going to tank hits full time. Obviously, they are also useful in situations where there are no viable pets to charm.

Finally, I would just use NQ Crab until it caps at level 55. There isn't a big difference between jugs until a jug reaches its cap and begins to fall behind the others. Past that, you can use Funguar Familiar until it caps at 65 or just switch to CC.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:40 am 

Jug pets also iirc get much better at 75 when BST gets Beast Affinity merits and some piece of af2 that increases it as well. It's pretty good.

Also if you want to farm with DD, definitely get THF to 75, or BST 75. TH4 is that good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:05 pm 

Thank you both for your answers. Learning how to play this job again after 10 years. The information you gave helps tremendously!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:18 pm 

Cherripepsi wrote:
Instead I am charming EM against T or charming T- against T and T+ then releasing it before the final blow happens. I am just trying to find out when jugs are even viable because right now I just don't see the use for them.

You don't need to release EM pets, they will not steal XP. Anything EM or below will not steal XP from you. T+ will though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:16 pm 

Benzula wrote:
Cherripepsi wrote:
Instead I am charming EM against T or charming T- against T and T+ then releasing it before the final blow happens. I am just trying to find out when jugs are even viable because right now I just don't see the use for them.

You don't need to release EM pets, they will not steal XP. Anything EM or below will not steal XP from you. T+ will though.

The release comment was only meant for second half of that sentence when I charm T- :) but still good looking out!