Lobby: Up
Online: 32
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:40 am 

Sorry for the impending questions, I'm not an FF master like most, though I dearly love this game

1 - do you need /whm to level as bst, or can you get away with /nin? I had an alt with whm leveled but no nin, and my main with nin leveled but no /whm lol

2 - should i bother meritting axe first?

3 - what sort of money can you make at 75 assuming decent gear? I've heard bst can do stuff in toau areas?

4 - how expensive is it leveling to get decent gear? are there many must have pieces along the way?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:21 am 

You can get away with /nin, but you should do /whm as well. And /thf to 15 can't hurt.

Level it and don't look back. BST can do things no other class can here. Hell, they can do some things a whole party of 75s can't do...

Last edited by Chakan on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:08 am 

Last I heard, BST had a good farming spot in the boyadha tree, killing goobbues and stuff. They dropped a lot of moss and some lumber that npc'd for like 7k a pop. It was/is a good spot to make gil.

I think BST affinity merits are what you get first, and maybe reward/killer merits. You can always do 1-2 of each first to get the most bang for your buck.

Gear should be pretty cheap. I think hauby might be the most expensive piece?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:07 pm 

Cilarnen wrote:
Last I heard, BST had a good farming spot in the boyadha tree, killing goobbues and stuff. They dropped a lot of moss and some lumber that npc'd for like 7k a pop. It was/is a good spot to make gil.

I think BST affinity merits are what you get first, and maybe reward/killer merits. You can always do 1-2 of each first to get the most bang for your buck.

I'm sorry, I meant should I bother merriting axe before leveling beastmaster? I'm currently merriting my 75 war

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:06 pm 

I personally would leveling for /whm. Most of the solo areas work best with it. You could get away with /nin but would probably have more down time. Someone listed /thf to 15 but I would take it to 37 as well. There are solo spots that thrive off /thf. The Deserts for spiders for one, steal webs and helps with drop rate. The pets you have will keep hate unless you go crazy so no huge need for /whm on those camps. They last about 12 levels too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:30 am 

endisbegun27 wrote:
Cilarnen wrote:

I'm sorry, I meant should I bother merriting axe before leveling beastmaster? I'm currently merriting my 75 war

Eh, you could if you wanted too, but I don't think it will matter that much. Iirc bst usually don't even melee with their pet as they level.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:51 pm 

endisbegun27 wrote:
Cilarnen wrote:

Hello all! installing Nasomi right now as I do homework! Can't wait to get the old BST experience again! im gonna focus on BST and fishing/crafting this time around. Back in 2004 when i first started I was bst main but eventually my LS had me convert to RDM so I could do endgame stuff. This time I plan to do the solo thing as I am super busy and just want something to do inbetween working on homework and taking care of my new baby! Anyway, from what i remember you will not need to worry about merriting axe at all. you can get rampage a few levels early IIRC but it wont really come in handy until you hit bats in Bos[tab] obilete. after that its probably xping on bombs and you wont melee much at all. once you get to the desert area though i remember using it a lot. OMG im getting so excited typing this up! I cant even remember the names of those places it has been so long. Its gonna all be new to me again! yay! lol anyway, hope to see some of you in game!