* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:46 am 

Ah my bad. I misread the post times.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:57 am 

Fyreus wrote:
Ah my bad. I misread the post times.

It still needs some work, though. A lot of physical spells have way worse accuracy than they should on retail. Some people are speculating that +accuracy from gear isn't counted into physical blue magic on here. There are also still issues with burst affinity for some spells.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:33 am 

I made an Eyes on Me build w/ +44 CHR. It does 400ish dmg...... /cry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:18 pm 

Volkaru wrote:
It still needs some work, though. A lot of physical spells have way worse accuracy than they should on retail. Some people are speculating that +accuracy from gear isn't counted into physical blue magic on here. There are also still issues with burst affinity for some spells.

Accuracy from gear is absolutely counted here, and if your acc is bad you need to re-examine your gear, food, and enemy choices. BLU is a 1h DD so you will need to gear for that instead of easy-mode 2h DDs. Don't cast single hit DD spells like DD, DS, VC, etc. without Sneak Attack, and feel free to eat (sole) sushi like we did on retail. BLU is one of the more gear dependent jobs in the game tbh, you can't really slum it and do a good job. My advice is if you want to cast it, gear for it! Learn what your spell mods are and make mountains of equipsets. I see a lot of BLUs not constantly flashing and getting meh numbers.

Aquameo wrote:

BLU magical nukes are roughly equivalent to a tier III nuke, and you have at best RDM Matk traits and fewer gear options. They're not the most efficient way to deal damage or the way to get epeen numbers. You should use them in the situations where they're most useful... use them against mobs with Perfect Dodge or Invincible, physically resistant monsters, monsters that are weak to the spell, magic bursts, and in zones where they are most favorable. Get an Obi and use Eyes on Me against a dragon in Limbus, or use it against statues, bosses, and PLDs/THFs in Dyna.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:05 am 

Aquameo wrote:

Myupih wrote:
BLU magical nukes are roughly equivalent to a tier III nuke, and you have at best RDM Matk traits and fewer gear options. They're not the most efficient way to deal damage or the way to get epeen numbers. You should use them in the situations where they're most useful... use them against mobs with Perfect Dodge or Invincible, physically resistant monsters, monsters that are weak to the spell, magic bursts, and in zones where they are most favorable. Get an Obi and use Eyes on Me against a dragon in Limbus, or use it against statues, bosses, and PLDs/THFs in Dyna.

I did Jailer of Love today w/ an Eyes on me build. I have 64 CHR (with blu spells) + 68 CHR (ate tuna sushi). I didn't have an Anri obi or Ugly pendant. Eyes on Me did 260-400 damage. Is that normal?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:40 pm 

Aquameo wrote:

I did Jailer of Love today w/ an Eyes on me build. I have 64 CHR (with blu spells) + 68 CHR (ate tuna sushi). I didn't have an Anri obi or Ugly pendant. Eyes on Me did 260-400 damage. Is that normal?

Yes. JoL has some decent mdb iirc, and Eyes on Me is weaker than Fire Spit (still not a great spell for HNMs). I get that CHR gear is cheap and all, but there's no reason to toss it at JoL. What are you trying to accomplish by using EoM with Tuna Sushi vs. JoL? Would EoM get any benefit from being used against JoL? It's not weak to demons, it's not double dark weather (and no obi), and it's not particularly strong to physical damage relative to magic damage. These are questions you should ask yourself before casting EoM etc. The damage before JoLs mdb isn't even that impressive, it's similar to a t3 nuke with RDM traits (and fewer rdm gear matk options). If you aren't going to MB for funsies, abuse a zone's weather with obi, hit a dragon, use with Azure Lore, or hit a melee resistant/immune mob (ideally some combination of these), then there's really not much point in throwing it out, and tbh it's never worth wasting your food option for chr...

You can have fun with EoM in Limbus and Dyna imo, maybe random Darkness MBs vs. dragons outside or something... for most other situations if you need non-physical damage, just use Heat Breath, or Fire Spit if you really really want to use some matk, but vs. a lot of HNMs you will be better off using SACA VC or SACA CB.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:36 pm 

Myupih wrote:
Aquameo wrote:

Yes. JoL has some decent mdb iirc, and Eyes on Me is weaker than Fire Spit (still not a great spell for HNMs). I get that CHR gear is cheap and all, but there's no reason to toss it at JoL. What are you trying to accomplish by using EoM with Tuna Sushi vs. JoL? Would EoM get any benefit from being used against JoL? It's not weak to demons, it's not double dark weather (and no obi), and it's not particularly strong to physical damage relative to magic damage. These are questions you should ask yourself before casting EoM etc. The damage before JoLs mdb isn't even that impressive, it's similar to a t3 nuke with RDM traits (and fewer rdm gear matk options). If you aren't going to MB for funsies, abuse a zone's weather with obi, hit a dragon, use with Azure Lore, or hit a melee resistant/immune mob (ideally some combination of these), then there's really not much point in throwing it out, and tbh it's never worth wasting your food option for chr...

You can have fun with EoM in Limbus and Dyna imo, maybe random Darkness MBs vs. dragons outside or something... for most other situations if you need non-physical damage, just use Heat Breath, or Fire Spit if you really really want to use some matk, but vs. a lot of HNMs you will be better off using SACA VC or SACA CB.

I'm pretty new to endgame and saw on wiki that JoL is weak vs dark and would be useful for it. I guess not. Heat breath something I'm considering, but that Taru hp is holding me back.