Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1318 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:09 am 

Using harl/harl my puppet seems to never cast beyond what its initial mp allows for.
I have tried different mp refresh attachments and ive been tracking the puppet's mp via <petmpp>.
Running dark manuevers with Mana Tank II reports the puppet's mp raising - but it appears that mp is not usable by the puppet.

At level 10 I get 5 Dia then nothing else until i deactivate/activate or rest to full

Edit: Despite testing this multiple times before posting - my puppet is now behaving. I'll update if i can find a manuever combination that was triggering the issue. For now consider this closed.

Edit2: Figured it out. Harl/Harl will not cast Dia under the effects of a Dark Manuever. No clue is this is retail accurate - im a pup noob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 am 

Tiberon wrote:
Using harl/harl my puppet seems to never cast beyond what its initial mp allows for.
I have tried different mp refresh attachments and ive been tracking the puppet's mp via <petmpp>.
Running dark manuevers with Mana Tank II reports the puppet's mp raising - but it appears that mp is not usable by the puppet.

At level 10 I get 5 Dia then nothing else until i deactivate/activate or rest to full

Edit: Despite testing this multiple times before posting - my puppet is now behaving. I'll update if i can find a manuever combination that was triggering the issue. For now consider this closed.

Edit2: Figured it out. Harl/Harl will not cast Dia under the effects of a Dark Manuever. No clue is this is retail accurate - im a pup noob

yeah we will be missing a few big things IF they dont get added, protect line is one of them, phalanx is another, haste is another. and correct they wont cast dia if a dark move is up, stormwaker wont either.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:34 am 

Where can I find information on which manuever will prevent which spells?
I would guess its just opposite element manuever would block but for the life of me, cant find it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:43 pm 

For me, the automaton won't cast on currently engaged enemies. It will open with a spell if no other action has been taken / yellow mobs, but won't cast mid fight (even a minute into the fight). I've tried all maneuvers on Harley and SW frame.

If spell casting is ready and I voke first, then deploy, no spells. If I deploy first, he will cast always.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:19 pm 

Louiscool wrote:
For me, the automaton won't cast on currently engaged enemies. It will open with a spell if no other action has been taken / yellow mobs, but won't cast mid fight (even a minute into the fight). I've tried all maneuvers on Harley and SW frame.

If spell casting is ready and I voke first, then deploy, no spells. If I deploy first, he will cast always.

I havent had the issue yet with the Auto not starting the fight with a cast even when i voke first, the casting thing seems to be as long as there is an active effect from the auto on the enemy it wont cast on the enemy again? Bc I have seen it do stone, then 20ish seconds later para. Good thing is though they will stilll cure you even if they dont cast on the mob.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:17 pm 

Atigeve wrote:
Louiscool wrote:

I havent had the issue yet with the Auto not starting the fight with a cast even when i voke first, the casting thing seems to be as long as there is an active effect from the auto on the enemy it wont cast on the enemy again? Bc I have seen it do stone, then 20ish seconds later para. Good thing is though they will stilll cure you even if they dont cast on the mob.

OK I'll keep trying, might be an issue of my puppet not having enough spells yet, only 25 magic skill right now so I'm working on skilling that up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:41 pm 

Louiscool wrote:
Atigeve wrote:
Louiscool wrote:

OK I'll keep trying, might be an issue of my puppet not having enough spells yet, only 25 magic skill right now so I'm working on skilling that up.

Yeah so as someone already said there is an internal Global CD for just all spells, but then there is a spell school CD also. Mana booster shortens the global delay for sure unsure if booster only effects the universal delay or both and the amount seems to vary based on a few patches and which one was chosen here. Skill ups were working nicely for me with /pup, went much faster it seemed. And here is a list (I think based on what I have seen so far confirms this) of the spells we should get with along with what heads and bodies and what skill and player level. note the ones with a yellow triangle are what we arent getting or do not yet have but I hope we get since that actually helped the job greatly and it wasnt so hot upon release.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Au ... id=1384906

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:31 pm 

Atigeve wrote:
Louiscool wrote:
Atigeve wrote:

Yeah so as someone already said there is an internal Global CD for just all spells, but then there is a spell school CD also. Mana booster shortens the global delay for sure unsure if booster only effects the universal delay or both and the amount seems to vary based on a few patches and which one was chosen here. Skill ups were working nicely for me with /pup, went much faster it seemed. And here is a list (I think based on what I have seen so far confirms this) of the spells we should get with along with what heads and bodies and what skill and player level. note the ones with a yellow triangle are what we arent getting or do not yet have but I hope we get since that actually helped the job greatly and it wasnt so hot upon release.

Yeah I'm just not sure why mine isn't behaving that way. I was a long time pup main so it's a lot of muscle memory, plus how well do you really remember the early parts of a job.. but if i start the fight (even tried /pup) and just hold the mob, my stormwalker frame just stands out of range like a dingus doing nothing. He has used dia para stone and cure before, but only ever to start a fight. Double ice, double light, doesn't matter for him, he just likes to watch.

I haven't tried it since today's patch though. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: He's free casting now! GJ Nas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:49 pm 

Louiscool wrote:
Atigeve wrote:
Louiscool wrote:

Yeah I'm just not sure why mine isn't behaving that way. I was a long time pup main so it's a lot of muscle memory, plus how well do you really remember the early parts of a job.. but if i start the fight (even tried /pup) and just hold the mob, my stormwalker frame just stands out of range like a dingus doing nothing. He has used dia para stone and cure before, but only ever to start a fight. Double ice, double light, doesn't matter for him, he just likes to watch.

I haven't tried it since today's patch though. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: He's free casting now! GJ Nas

Oh its not locked now to 1 spell?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:35 am 

Ok this one has me wondering... why cant i equip the automaton oil (for repair) with out it removing the animator and vice versa is there a trick?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1318 Next