Lobby: Up
Online: 43
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gardening?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:18 pm 

I am just wondering if Gardening will ever become Active on Nasomi? I used to love gardening and became very good at it. It was an excellent way to make money even when you were still low level. If not, I realize running a server is a very difficult endeavor, but I hope this will at least be considered. It added a lot of enjoyment to the game.

Post subject: Re: Gardening?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:30 pm 

My understanding is that it doesn't currently work but even if it's fixed, that it won't be added. Unlimited gardening mules would really break its function in the economy.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:44 am 

Pot(s) for every mule.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:00 pm 

That is too bad. Maybe it would be worth considering a "Three Characters Growing in Pots" per IP to put a limit on stuff. They could also nerf the NPC sell items like Platinum Leaves a little to make the profit tighter. I just really enjoyed Gardening and it made the gil necessary for events attainable without hours and hours of Farming. Believe me, I would not want to see the economy go south the way it did in 2009-10 era.

I am mostly playing for the nostalgia and to hang with old friends. I bet a fair number of people don't really have tons of time to farm Gil.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:49 pm 

Duhkha wrote:
That is too bad. Maybe it would be worth considering a "Three Characters Growing in Pots" per IP to put a limit on stuff. They could also nerf the NPC sell items like Platinum Leaves a little to make the profit tighter. I just really enjoyed Gardening and it made the gil necessary for events attainable without hours and hours of Farming. Believe me, I would not want to see the economy go south the way it did in 2009-10 era.

I am mostly playing for the nostalgia and to hang with old friends. I bet a fair number of people don't really have tons of time to farm Gil.

I only really played 2~ hours a night and never had a problem with gil, selling crystals is actually a very sustainable way to make gil on Nasomi, and you end up with a LOT of them.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:01 pm 

Yeah, I'll happily take the good with the bad. When it come to "differences" between Nas and Retail, I find 9/10 are differences that make the game more fun to play. I was a Gold Smith on Cerberus and relied heavily on Gardening for the cost of leveling the craft as well as a source of Elemental Ore for Staves. Anyway, thanks for the heads up on it likely never coming to be on the server. I would rather not sit around hoping for a change that will never come.

Thanks for the replies. See you in game!

~Duhkha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:53 pm 

Nas could make it so that you can only garden on a character that is lvl 50+ and Rank6. Some people would still multi-mule it, but it wouldn't be dozens of mules per person at least.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:14 pm 

rori wrote:
Nas could make it so that you can only garden on a character that is lvl 50+ and Rank6. Some people would still multi-mule it, but it wouldn't be dozens of mules per person at least.

It can be regulated. If Nas can tell if you are doing H.E.L.M. at the same time he can tell who is abusing gardening

I Want To Make Gil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:13 pm 

Having to monitor extra things = time spent not doing other stuff.

You guys have to remember that he's only one guy and can't do everything all at once. Concentration is finite.

This is the source of why lots of things here don't work. It just isn't worth expending the effort/mental energy on until other more important things are working properly.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:00 am 

I believe the major thing is, theres so many variables and unknowns in retail gardening that the lack of factual information is what would make it a huge time consuming process to code for private servers.