Lobby: Up
Online: 50
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:52 am 

At least Nasomi should consider removing the accuracy portion (but keeping the damage).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:34 pm 

Without a shred of evidence to back up my next statement, finna say it anyways. I feel like I saw more people quit after the range change than any other update. Rivaled only by the gilpocalypse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:05 pm 

Viktoriya wrote:
The Ranged Attack change is probably in the top 3 of the worst changes that ever happened on the server in my 4+ years of playing. This change hurt way more than just RNG's, THF's mixing in Crossbow damage in parties, especially in solo situations. RNG's now have to stand in range of AoE on a plethora of fights now(Cerberus). It's a bad change that probably should have been reverted a few weeks after it went live, it was a terrible decision.

Been levelling THF solo lately, not seeing the r.acc nerf(flooring) at point blank that some claimed, even on T mobs I'm in the range of expected hitrate without a dedicated r.acc set. No merits, non-optimal food for that purpose.
My conclusion is that either Nasomi walked back on the r.acc nerf as advised and never told anyone, or some early claims of floored r.acc at point blank were plain wrong...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:18 pm 

Zadok wrote:
Without a shred of evidence to back up my next statement, finna say it anyways. I feel like I saw more people quit after the range change than any other update. Rivaled only by the gilpocalypse.

I feel that’s pretty true, I started looking at Eden back then when this awful nerf came out. It had been my hopes to play ranger, and maybe samurai/ranger. I hadn’t got to in retail before SE messed up, and nerfed ranger back then. The following months I saw people just stop logging on. I was a 36 ranger here, and having a blast. I had most of what I needed to get to 60. Then the ranged nerf happened, as well as the sneak and invisible nerf. None of this added to the game, it has only taken away from it. For anyone starting around that time, it’s a pretty bleak sign, when something that was never supposed to happen, happens. When everyone is funneled into playing a small group of jobs, in a game that is supposed to be diverse. It was strange having to see others that had spent so much time working on that job, just have to hang up their bows. Just like what had happened in retail. I have no hope it will ever be fixed. If you played retail, and were not disgusted by what happened back then, and later made your own server, and did it yourself. I have no faith in that person to ever have any understanding at any point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 pm 

Naimah wrote:
Viktoriya wrote:
The Ranged Attack change is probably in the top 3 of the worst changes that ever happened on the server in my 4+ years of playing. This change hurt way more than just RNG's, THF's mixing in Crossbow damage in parties, especially in solo situations. RNG's now have to stand in range of AoE on a plethora of fights now(Cerberus). It's a bad change that probably should have been reverted a few weeks after it went live, it was a terrible decision.

Been levelling THF solo lately, not seeing the r.acc nerf(flooring) at point blank that some claimed, even on T mobs I'm in the range of expected hitrate without a dedicated r.acc set. No merits, non-optimal food for that purpose.
My conclusion is that either Nasomi walked back on the r.acc nerf as advised and never told anyone, or some early claims of floored r.acc at point blank were plain wrong...

I haven't played recently with Marksmanship, but when I attempted to do so following the nerf it was dreadful. THF and WAR would almost never miss with bolts with capped skill. With a full RACC set at roughly level 50 I could barely land a couple shots. A THF geared for RATK in low level parties could dominate. I partied with a THF pre-nerf in Bibiki who did so much damage with RATK that he held hate over everyone and we were waiting on mob spawns. Post nerf in Crawlers Nest, he couldn't hit anything. I haven't tried recently, but the nerf definitely was there. For other jobs it isn't as noticeable though. RNG in EXP parties still dominates.

I suck.
Ninja is the best job.
http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:02 pm 

since were necro-posting last time i played Rng (few months ago) its still in effect. As of the last time i played Thf (few months ago) its also still nerfed to shit you dont see it really on T or lower mobs but anything above T GL soloing without a healing Alt. I stated this when this nerfbat happened and ill mention it again Nasomi should take out this nerf and if he really wants to have something still do the SE nerf atleast then Rng is still useful in more situations then this failed attempt at a nerf. Not only did this nerf effect the job itselfs but Crafters as well who for the most part lost a whole market from wood gather to Arrow selling Rings ect.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:32 pm 

Here instead of some baseless claims I made 2 short videos :

https://youtu.be/RqBI5ohMWDc

https://youtu.be/T1ra3OdhZnU

Lvl 42 THF, Tough bats, Akamochi food, no MM merits, can see half-assed racc gearset in video.

See for yourself how awful this is...

Nalaeia wrote:
THF and WAR would almost never miss with bolts with capped skill.

This is what wasn't right IMO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm 

Make the same video on VT or IT mobs. I don't know anyone who is complaining they can't hit Tough mobs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:00 pm 

Naimah wrote:
Here instead of some baseless claims I made 2 short videos :

https://youtu.be/RqBI5ohMWDc

https://youtu.be/T1ra3OdhZnU

Lvl 42 THF, Tough bats, Akamochi food, no MM merits, can see half-assed racc gearset in video.

See for yourself how awful this is...

Nalaeia wrote:
THF and WAR would almost never miss with bolts with capped skill.

This is what wasn't right IMO

It appears he did change the accuracy penalty with how close you are to the mob. I still remember going out, day of change, and missing point blank shots on Lv.1 mobs with BiS Annihilator. I don't have numbers but later in the day I had ~10% acc at point blank range with Prelude x2 on IT mobs.

Would be nice if he actually listed the changes he does. "Blue Mage fixes" what the fuck does this even mean?

Edit: Still waiting on my Annihilator refund, mans literally gutted the job a few weeks after I finished it.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:50 am 

nerf the dmg at close range, not the acc... #THFlivesmatter!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next