Lobby: Up
Online: 63
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Weapon Skills
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:15 am 

I'm slightly new to being a DD and was wondering for multihit ws should I use accuracy or macro in str and DeX? My war is 60 so i guess this is mainly a question for raging rush and penta thrust.

Post subject: Re: Weapon Skills
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:05 am 

Acc and attack

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:03 am 

Tex wrote:
Acc and attack

Wouldn't stacking STR, and Accuracy be a better bet? While Attack does make a difference in the attacks, the bonus damage that the weapon skills get from STR would out weigh it, right?

Also, on top of that, the higher your strength is, the higher chance of hitting the higher numbers for damage, right?

Fishing: 68
Alchemy: 15

*How do I make the image show?*

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:25 pm 

Floors and Ceilings are a thing to know. I doubt you're hitting any ceilings with penta thrust at 60 war, but raging rush is possible I suppose. There's a few things to look into if you're trying to min/max your ws.

pDif
fStr
and mLvl evasion modifier

If you don't feel like spending some time on the math, a good way to see where ur at, is to gear down a bit, until you find an even match with neither high or low evasion, and neither high or low defense. Throw a few ws's at it to establish a base number for your damage. Start with 75% base accuracy in your numbers, that's generally what a flat even match is.

When gathering data watch your tp to see what the full ws will hit for, then write that number down, that'll be your base number according to your race, weapon, merits etc etc. Then put your gear back on, and do some more ws's.

To get ur acc right, add .05 % for every 1 point of acc you add over the base (using /checkparam <me> will help here), then find the level of the enemy you intend to exp on, subtract -4 acc for every 1 level the enemy is above yours (enemy evasion plays a part here but this is just the yolo method without doing alot of math). Now you should know about where you stand on accuracy.

If you're touching 95% with gear and food then you have enough and can start working on your atk.

To get your attack right you gear yourself up to the 95% cap on accuracy then start adding attack, the pieces you question between atk and str, try out attack first. Heading back to the even match mobs, now they will be super low evasion, play around with atk until you're not seeing a large benefit from more +atk.

When you get to that point write that number down, and subtract -15% (roughly) on your raging rush.

If you're planning for birds with spear instead of -15% you'll add +5% because they're weak to piercing.

Then you'll be dialed in and ready to start stacking str/dex/vit or whatever ws stats u need.

Just a method to help you zero in on your numbers at about any level. Maybe it'll help anyways.... Enjoy~

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:51 pm 

GrendelsPRGuy wrote:
Takelli wrote:
Tex wrote:
Acc and attack

Wouldn't stacking STR, and Accuracy be a better bet? While Attack does make a difference in the attacks, the bonus damage that the weapon skills get from STR would out weigh it, right?

Also, on top of that, the higher your strength is, the higher chance of hitting the higher numbers for damage, right?

No, attribute mods only affect the first hit of a WS. STRs only benefit is to add attack at a slower rate for multi hit. So 1 atk > 1 Str.

This is not true at all.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090807092 ... isdata.htm

STR applies to pDIF (Up to the 2.4 cap for melee, your attack divided by opponents def), fStr (Your str vs. opponent's vit), and in many cases, WSC (weapon skill modifiers)

So you get attack (at 1.25:1 for 2h and 2:1 for 1h), but you also add to the modifier for penta, raging rush, etc., and also improve your str:vit ratio, all of which increase your damage. Whereas attack only increases your pDIF.

Depending on how all of the math works out and your current stats, it is fully possible that STR is a better stat to use than attack, even for multi hit WS.

Basically, for a 2H, comparing 1 str vs 1 attack, that .25 additional attack you get from 1 attack needs to make a larger difference in pDIF over the course of a weaponskill, no matter how many attacks, to make up for the fSTR difference STR provides on every hit, and the WSC modifier on the first hit, and if you're at the pDIF cap, then the attack does nothing at all.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:56 pm 

I'd say in more cases than not, you won't be at PDIF cap if you're fighting anything worthwhile. If you just want the easy answer legit just stack accuracy and attack, then throw in str and dex in slots you can't really get the other stats in and you'll generally be fine. You can eyeball your numbers and TP returns and swap pieces out from there as needed.