Lobby: Up
Online: 64
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Possible Return?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 pm 

Is it worth bothering coming back? I know a few folks who remember me will see this, but frankly the ones that may have been on good terms probably aren't since I left. :D Regardless, I've dipped my toes in other servers, and they're all either horrendous, or just plain boring for some reason, maybe it's the lack of Vorpal Blade access.. I've seen a few Ex-Nasomi players too, and they've said the server's essentially dying due to 'things' (They gave me next to no info and just said "It's dying.") And aforementioned lack of good terms, I also assume getting back into endgame content would be a slough in of itself. Inb4 trolls, you know who you are, try to be toxic. :)

Why nuke stuff down, when stabbing something is so much more pleasing?
Sling Swords not Spells™

Post subject: Re: Possible Return?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:29 pm 

Was about to ask the same question.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:33 pm 

I joined 4 months ago and love it! Theres a consist 1,000+ population most times — lots of things going on.. exping..missions. Etc..

Come back!

In game name:
Hanky
Taru BLM & COR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:59 pm 

Hey Dashie! I ended up coming back after trying out, and seeing you, on a few servers. I don’t really do endgame but I’m glad I came back.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:04 am 

Dunno the circumstances of your character. If you maxed your toon out, I can't really see much reason to come back. Since this game is 95% about progression, why come back to a game where you have all the important merits/gear?

That being said, we have access to Aht Urgan currently which I think was somewhat recent. If you enjoyed some of that content, maybe give it a shot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:10 am 

I am actually far from completion on my Red Mage, I still wanna make a Kikoku for Ninja and Spharai for Monk (I dualbox,) but I also don't want to essentially sell my soul to an endgame LS again. I also have a small list of "Kite Only" NMs I still wanna cut down as melee RDM. Maybe melee down another Jailer of Fortitude 'cause I can, I dunno.

Also, Bleys, yeah you felt the same as I did with the other servers, didn't ya? I'm currently still dicking about on Eden, but hearing a lot, and experiencing most, of the QoL removals is really hurting my overall enjoyment. "Retail Accurate" is nice, but there were QoL additions for a reason, I digress, I've been contemplating returning for a while now.

Sling Swords not Spells™

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:03 am 

Hopefully one of those QoL changes you are hoping for isn't sneak/invis with a reasonable duration because that was recently changed unnecessarily to be a random number between 3 and 8 minutes because "retail" or some shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:06 am 

Yes, you specifically would probably find getting back into end-game particularly difficult... as the entire server hasn’t developed amnesia in a few months.

Otherwise, no, it’s not really dying and it’s still a good time if you have things you still want to accomplish.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:47 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Yes, you specifically would probably find getting back into end-game particularly difficult... as the entire server hasn’t developed amnesia in a few months.

Otherwise, no, it’s not really dying and it’s still a good time if you have things you still want to accomplish.

Haha, good joke, it's almost like what you say is relevant in any feasible manner of the word.

Sling Swords not Spells™

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:51 am 

Warren wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:

Haha, good joke, it's almost like what you say is relevant in any feasible manner of the word.

I can only answer the questions that are asked, fam.

I think I was just confirming what you already knew to be true though.