Lobby: Up
Online: 74
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:00 pm 

Rimamok wrote:
Hmm it's been too long.... I can't recall the details of OP Warps. What should I be shooting for? Thank you!

just roll bastok. you'll be happier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:01 am 

Rimamok wrote:
Hmm it's been too long.... I can't recall the details of OP Warps. What should I be shooting for? Thank you!

This is one slight change from retail... while I did use OP warps in the olden days, they certainly never seemed like the main method of transportation. But on Nasomi, they will absolutely be your #1 method of fast travel around the globe. I feel like the first response you got recommending Windurst was a little disingenuous, especially without even mentioning how hit or miss getting Outpost supply quests can be for that Nation. You can get lucky and get some good ones if there are some concentrated efforts made directly before the Conquest Tally, or you might go for months without being able to pick up a new Outpost. It can be so bad sometimes, I literally gave my irl friend 12k so we could swap his 1 week old character from Windy to Bastok.

Sure you can make starter gil easily in Windurst, I myself have a favorite camp around Ropipi's Tower mowing every Crow Gobbie and Crawler in sight. But at the same time, if you know where to go and which mobs to focus on, you can absolutely make similar gil in both Bastok and SanD. If you really prefer Windy, go for it, but people should be more careful imo on their advice to newer players.

Not even sure what the seeming recommendation against RDM was about. I easily solo'd mine to level 60, and had tons of party offers to accept if that had matched my playstyle and game time constraints. It might not get invites on the order of COR BRD SAM, or WAR... but it has a nice balance between being sought for parties, endgame need, solo ability, and usefulness as PL for your alt if you decide to dual box another character. Wish you good luck, scream at Knarl online sometime if you need some assistance.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:54 am 

Thanks for the extra detail Knarl, it helps alot!

Currently 13RDM on the ferry to Selbina. Made it to Mhaura with 11 HP and four IT mobs on my tail, LOL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:53 pm 

I've gotten all the op warps in windy in 2 characters at completely different times. It's not hard.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:29 pm 

You'll thank yourself later if you go ahead and start a 2nd char and begin 2 boxing. You can get them both to 50 relatively easy, then focus on 1 then the other to get them both to 75. You'll soon see why this is recommended, having a rdm or whm alt in the 50s will help exponentially when you go back to grind out subjobs. Having both a main and an alt 75 rdm or whm can help you get things level'd to 65-68 without needing to slow down a whole lot. Having a 75thf + 75rdm, smn, whm will make your late hame farming much less painful. Best of luck to ya^^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:32 pm 

I think people are treating recommendations to not roll Windy as solely linked to the trouble with getting OP's (which does exist), instead of the reality that having to walk around Windy will make you jump off a cliff.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:29 pm 

I’m not worried about things being difficult. I’d be playing WoW Classic if I wanted easy. Last night I declined a50,000 Gil donation from a very generous player, because I’m here to enjoy the challenge and the experience, rather than the quickest path to a L75 in fully decked-out gear.

I did, however, accept Wotan’s gracious help in getting my subjob items. That’s a challenge that I was willing to skip repeating, LOL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:20 pm 

Starbright wrote:
I think people are treating recommendations to not roll Windy as solely linked to the trouble with getting OP's (which does exist), instead of the reality that having to walk around Windy will make you jump off a cliff.

Ehh, no. Getting around Windy is actually pretty fast if you make good use of the warptarus, Mog House exits, and (optionally) /BLM for warp. But yes, if you're going to run from one end of Woods to the other end of Port, then yeah, it sucks. So use warptarus instead.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:35 pm 

karihn_n wrote:
Starbright wrote:

Ehh, no. Getting around Windy is actually pretty fast if you make good use of the warptarus, Mog House exits, and (optionally) /BLM for warp. But yes, if you're going to run from one end of Woods to the other end of Port, then yeah, it sucks. So use warptarus instead.

Or have everything at your fingertips in one zone. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:01 pm 

karihn_n wrote:
Starbright wrote:

My point was, sure.. There are definitely ways to increase Windy's efficiency so that it begins to approach Bastok's at level 1... but it sure seems silly.