Lobby: Up
Online: 43
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:36 am 

Surprising not a single case of Foulard found yet. The drop rates on these items are clearly not worth the seals in their current iteration.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:45 pm 

Well... if you were the only person with a Foulard in the game itd probably be worth 50m. I guess that's what's keeping people pulling the lever on the BCNM slot machine.

If it still hasn't been confirmed after all this time though, I'm betting it doesn't exist. Not sure if that is just Nas trolling or if it is unintentional.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:00 pm 

Dodi wrote:
Also, just my theory, but I wonder if Nas made these drop rates total shit to try to soak up all the seals on the server before releasing BCNM 60's including Up in Arms. If so it seems kind of silly since KC's are quite numerous on this server due to the OWNM, but that's one possible motivation. Another theory is that Nas just does random shit because it makes sense to him at the time and this could certainly be an example of that as well :lol: :lol:

The overwhelming majority of KC on this server are from LoO, not the OWNM.

I've seen 2 over nearly 300 kills. Even with TH4 I'd be shocked if the droprate there was more than 2-3%. LoO probably adds more KC to the server over a month than the OWNM has over the past two years.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:38 pm 

So...anyone do OWNM 20s lately? I hear the weather in La 'Thiene is nice this time of year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:22 am 

cthalupa wrote:
Dodi wrote:
Also, just my theory, but I wonder if Nas made these drop rates total shit to try to soak up all the seals on the server before releasing BCNM 60's including Up in Arms. If so it seems kind of silly since KC's are quite numerous on this server due to the OWNM, but that's one possible motivation. Another theory is that Nas just does random shit because it makes sense to him at the time and this could certainly be an example of that as well :lol: :lol:

The overwhelming majority of KC on this server are from LoO, not the OWNM.

I've seen 2 over nearly 300 kills. Even with TH4 I'd be shocked if the droprate there was more than 2-3%. LoO probably adds more KC to the server over a month than the OWNM has over the past two years.

I have heard from multiple unconnected sources say that ppl used to kill the ownm, crash the zone to repop and kill on repeat until they got the clubs. If you are killing if 15-20 times in a row it kinda increases the number artificially. Also, the OWNM is killed 2x per day and LoO is killed generally about once per day on average. Are you suggesting the droprate on LoO is significantly higher than the ownm? If so what makes you think that?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:02 am 

Dodi wrote:
I have heard from multiple unconnected sources say that ppl used to kill the ownm, crash the zone to repop and kill on repeat until they got the clubs.

Been hearing the same stories since I started, funny how they never come with names/receipts though.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:07 am 

Dodi wrote:

I have heard from multiple unconnected sources say that ppl used to kill the ownm, crash the zone to repop and kill on repeat until they got the clubs. If you are killing if 15-20 times in a row it kinda increases the number artificially. Also, the OWNM is killed 2x per day and LoO is killed generally about once per day on average. Are you suggesting the droprate on LoO is significantly higher than the ownm? If so what makes you think that?

Of course the droprate from LoO is significantly higher than the OWNM. It's almost certainly different by an order of magnitude, lol. If it was the same droprate was even close to as poor as the OWNM there would be basically no kraken clubs on the server.

And if TC was crashing all the time RFK would never have good TODs either. The only times I'm aware of it crashing over the past year+ has been extremely limited and reported to Nas each time.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:09 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Dodi wrote:

Of course the droprate from LoO is significantly higher than the OWNM. It's almost certainly different by an order of magnitude, lol. If it was the same droprate was even close to as poor as the OWNM there would be basically no kraken clubs on the server.

And if TC was crashing all the time RFK would never have good TODs either. The only times I'm aware of it crashing over the past year+ has been extremely limited and reported to Nas each time.

So, based on your own estimate from a previous post you think LoO is dropping Kclubs at a rate of 20-30%? Seems suspect to me since I know some people who camp it often.

Also, just because RFK hasn’t seen crashes in the last year or so it doesn’t debunk what I said in any way. OWNM’s have been on the server for what, almost 4 years? Maybe even longer? I’d have to ask someone who’s been around because that certainly predates both you and I.

You personally have seen 2 in less that 300 kills, but I know a member of RFK who has seen 5. His char. is less than 16 months old. How does his rate compare to yours?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:32 pm 

Kazen wrote:
Dodi wrote:
I have heard from multiple unconnected sources say that ppl used to kill the ownm, crash the zone to repop and kill on repeat until they got the clubs.

Been hearing the same stories since I started, funny how they never come with names/receipts though.

You make it sound dubious but is it really that hard to believe? Look what happened to the recent dynamis exploiting thread- just a small number of unpopular people called out. Those people are likely only a tiny fraction of the total actually abusing it. Thread gets nuked. No punishments. Now we go into the past when the server is much smaller and less competition. No/ very little European population. A group goes out in the middle of the night when no one will be watching and just kills and repops it till they get their drops. This is not a far-fetched scenario by any means. Just because no one has “receipts” doesn’t mean it couldn’t have happened. It just means it can’t be proven unless someone admits to having done it. And that’s obviously not likely to happen.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:56 pm 

Dodi wrote:
Kazen wrote:
Dodi wrote:

You make it sound dubious but is it really that hard to believe? Look what happened to the recent dynamis exploiting thread- just a small number of unpopular people called out. Those people are likely only a tiny fraction of the total actually abusing it. Thread gets nuked. No punishments. Now we go into the past when the server is much smaller and less competition. No/ very little European population. A group goes out in the middle of the night when no one will be watching and just kills and repops it till they get their drops. This is not a far-fetched scenario by any means. Just because no one has “receipts” doesn’t mean it couldn’t have happened. It just means it can’t be proven unless someone admits to having done it. And that’s obviously not likely to happen.

So just because something might have happened back in the day means it was a common occurrence? I've been on the server nearly 18 months longer than you and was actively camping it for nearly a year around the time you joined. For a couple months before I started camping it, I was going to Toraimorai anytime I saw a group there to see the strats, and never once saw an intentional zone crash to repop it. Am I saying it never happened? No. I'm saying it was something so few and far between that it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of Krakens on this server. If you want to talk about exploited clubs, how about the guy who got BCNMs taken away because he was exploiting UiA for clubs. I know of at least 3 still in circulation from this.

Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it is common. People love to make excuses for why others have things they don't, both in the real world and in Vana'diel.

P.S. I don't think asking for names/when these things were done is out of bounds. Edit: Otherwise we're just perpetuating rumors.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next