Lobby: Up
Online: 33
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:04 am 

Aeroo wrote:
Just fix the stupid synth. It's still "content." You have to farm Arachne. This is a poor excuse for content. We were on a road map to AU 9 months ago that has amounted to like 9 cutscenes and some exp camps. There's been more work done on pup than anything important this year and now we've essentially been teased because the few of these items that has been found have such a bad drop rate, people have given up trying to get them. And then we have someone who used to develop content for the server but got banned for having 9 characters and all the crafts a year after we were all officially limited to 2 mains and a mule come in and say "trust us, its there." Thanks deadwing. We all really appreciate your input.

Someone got banned from retroactive rule changes that basically won the whole game? Thats fucked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:08 am 

OperationFail wrote:
Aeroo wrote:
Just fix the stupid synth. It's still "content." You have to farm Arachne. This is a poor excuse for content. We were on a road map to AU 9 months ago that has amounted to like 9 cutscenes and some exp camps. There's been more work done on pup than anything important this year and now we've essentially been teased because the few of these items that has been found have such a bad drop rate, people have given up trying to get them. And then we have someone who used to develop content for the server but got banned for having 9 characters and all the crafts a year after we were all officially limited to 2 mains and a mule come in and say "trust us, its there." Thanks deadwing. We all really appreciate your input.

Someone got banned from retroactive rule changes that basically won the whole game? Thats fucked.

Plenty of people lost crafting mules when the account changes came through. Our friend mr DW didn't comply with the new rules.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:12 am 

OperationFail wrote:
Aeroo wrote:

It wasn't retroactive. He continued to break the rule for months after it was implemented, to his financial gain.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:09 am 

Nasomi wrote:
Speaking of which, Deadwing was not banned. A lot of people think he was, but actually he approached me and said "Hey, I got these 3 characters that I can't access anymore and a truckload of gil, all these high level crafts - would you be willing to trade them for potentially opening up additional Mule slots for a set price in gil?" I thought it over for a bit, and I thought that was a reasonable request. A whole bunch of gil went out of the economy (450m), so there will be additional Mule slots that can be unlocked on your Account page for 10m for the first, 15m for the 2nd, and 20m for the 3rd additional slot. Deadwing gave up all that stuff, all that gil, all those craft levels, to make it happen. I'll work towards that and maybe that will be done by the Summer.

12/23/18 livestream

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:33 am 

0/35 RUNS and counting.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:35 pm 

If ya got the seals and nas isn't realizing he fucked up push to a 50 sample size. I'd help but I need to farm seals :/

**rolls eyes at ts making shit up to harass a player**

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:51 pm 

Deadwing wrote:
Nasomi wrote:
Speaking of which, Deadwing was not banned. A lot of people think he was, but actually he approached me and said "Hey, I got these 3 characters that I can't access anymore and a truckload of gil, all these high level crafts - would you be willing to trade them for potentially opening up additional Mule slots for a set price in gil?" I thought it over for a bit, and I thought that was a reasonable request. A whole bunch of gil went out of the economy (450m), so there will be additional Mule slots that can be unlocked on your Account page for 10m for the first, 15m for the 2nd, and 20m for the 3rd additional slot. Deadwing gave up all that stuff, all that gil, all those craft levels, to make it happen. I'll work towards that and maybe that will be done by the Summer.

12/23/18 livestream

Funny how none of that actually happened and all that did happen is all your crafting characters got deleted.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:12 am 

All I got from this is no love for those who maxed out their characters but can't have enough room for all the R/EX gear for all their jobs unless they tried to moogle slip them and ended up losing all their gear due to a bug and never got anything back.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:18 pm 

Deadwing wrote:
Nasomi wrote:

12/23/18 livestream

I remember when you stepped back, iirc you gave up your accounts and endgame life to do the majority of codework on the 1st re-release of bcnm/ksnm, nas pitched a fit claiming you made it too easy, or something like that. On a side note nas needs to quit nerdraging over the illusion of difficulty here, doesn't matter how hard he thinks he can make things, the players will learn how to destroy his mobs/nms. The difficulty is only in how much time you're willing to invest in finding what works. Props to whoever did the AV though, seems to be the only real challenge in the game, everything else is lessthan retail. Thanks for what u did do dw, the advice you were given to cut yourself off from the endgame players was more than accurate, people aren't going to understand a developer mindset, they will just try to surround you with trash talk, in an attempt to find a golden ticket that gets them what they want. May have wanted to take that advice a bit more seriously but, "you should be you" is probably better advice, don't end up a drone like nasomi. This isn't a business, you may learn a little bit about layout and structure, but I'm sure you realized by now that working on nasomi's frankenstein isn't going to prepare you for the world of professional development.

For reference to those that don't know the history of the server, I dug this up, I think most of your adventures were lost in the old forums, either way

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=207

Good luck dw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:18 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
Deadwing wrote:
Nasomi wrote:

12/23/18 livestream

I remember when you stepped back, iirc you gave up your accounts and endgame life to do the majority of codework on the 1st re-release of bcnm/ksnm, nas pitched a fit claiming you made it too easy, or something like that. On a side note nas needs to quit nerdraging over the illusion of difficulty here, doesn't matter how hard he thinks he can make things, the players will learn how to destroy his mobs/nms. The difficulty is only in how much time you're willing to invest in finding what works. Props to whoever did the AV though, seems to be the only real challenge in the game, everything else is lessthan retail. Thanks for what u did do dw, the advice you were given to cut yourself off from the endgame players was more than accurate, people aren't going to understand a developer mindset, they will just try to surround you with trash talk, in an attempt to find a golden ticket that gets them what they want. May have wanted to take that advice a bit more seriously but, "you should be you" is probably better advice, don't end up a drone like nasomi. This isn't a business, you may learn a little bit about layout and structure, but I'm sure you realized by now that working on nasomi's frankenstein isn't going to prepare you for the world of professional development.

For reference to those that don't know the history of the server, I dug this up, I think most of your adventures were lost in the old forums, either way

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=207

Good luck dw

just pointing out: everything about this post made me laugh

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next