Lobby: Up
Online: 85
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:15 pm 

I never actually played FF XI when it was in this era much beyond level 20 or so, though I always wanted to. My friends just didn't let it click for them like they did WoW.

I have played for a month or two on this server and I am level 37 on a two classes, but when my daughter was born I stopped playing pretty much all video games. She is getting a little older now but my playtime in one sitting is usually limited to an hour or two.

Is it worth coming back getting into the game if i can only play for an hour or two each day? What kind of time commitment is needed? I am sure that answer varies a lot depending on what I want to do. I would like to experience everything I can including all the story and content.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:21 pm 

I went through the same process. Honestly if you only have 1 - 2 hours to play, you could try being a BST who can solo exp.

Aside from that, you are really short on time like I was.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:25 pm 

I've played both ffxi and WoW, in comparison the time commitment for ffxi is much greater. To be honest, in your situation you might want to consider a solo job like Beastmaster. Then you can get as much done as you have time for, and can spend time online on your own terms.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:34 pm 

I absolutely think it's worth it, as long as you're patient and not in a hurry to do endgame.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:35 pm 

Appreciate ya'lls answers. I know i have BST unlocked and some common subjobs. Maybe I can get through enough solo that when my time opens up a bit more it will be easier to move into something else.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:38 pm 

Graiver wrote:
Appreciate ya'lls answers. I know i have BST unlocked and some common subjobs. Maybe I can get through enough solo that when my time opens up a bit more it will be easier to move into something else.

Thank you.

True. I started with BST to 75, and then was able to use /bst to solo RDM to 60, WHM to 42, NIN to 40, THF to 25, etc etc. This could be a potential path towards allowing you access to tons of job gameplay, while still being solo and on your own terms. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:31 pm 

Before sum medical shit, id log in maybe once a month to dunes or camp lizzy lol. If ya ignore the get to 75 as fast as possible route, there is alot of low level stuff that is super fun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:47 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:03 pm 

Jobs that are very high in demand may be an option also, like RDM, BRD, COR. If you log in ready to put your flag up and start exp, 1-2 hours isn't impossible to make work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:30 am 

Concepcion wrote:
Jobs that are very high in demand may be an option also, like RDM, BRD, COR. If you log in ready to put your flag up and start exp, 1-2 hours isn't impossible to make work.

I was in OPs shoes a little over a year ago when I started on this server as RDM. Sometimes you get party invites in 5 minutes of logging in, which is really nice when you only have a couple of hours to play. I'll say though, if you can only put in an hour at a time, even with a quick PT invite, it won't leave you with much time to XP. A lot of the time the party will take 10 minutes to form, then someone will take 15 minutes to get to the camp, then just like that you barely get more than a half hour to XP. In general, this game works much better if you can manage at least 2 hour sessions.

Pro tip OP: just wait till the kids are asleep if you are undertaking anything substantial and you should be OK.