Lobby: Up
Online: 64
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 710 Next
 Post subject: Re: Content
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:02 pm 

Viktoriya wrote:
Entry wrote:
Viktoriya wrote:

I mean, if he put out the rest of the ToAU content, polished it up, then hit the reset button, it would be a very interesting turn of events. The same types of players would rise back to the top, he's banned most of the problematic people from the earlier days on the server. The meta's on this server have been absolutely perfected by one group, it's completely down to a science at this point for that group of people. The only question would be if those people would be willing start over again.

I probably wouldn't, just here to post memes during the slow period. I haven't played in about 4 weeks outside of popping on for a few minutes here and there.

If only I could have such profound delusions of grandeur about my perceived excellence in an easy mode version of a solved 15 year old game be so grossly incandescent.

I can actually say those things because I've beaten the server in its current state. Very few people can say that, and what did I say that was wrong to be delusional? There is a group on this server that has dictated meta's at killing mobs since 2017 at the most efficient levels to the point others attempt to emulate. I don't see other groups killing nearly as efficient and looking nearly as good at it. If this server is so easy as you put it, then why are every linkshell outside of two scared to make that trek up that icy mountain to battle jorm?

They'd get their ass kicked, thats why.

Wait a second.. are you suggesting that its ridiculous for someone who plays blm only and has never done anything outside of dyna and fafhogg to call this game easy?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 pm 

Viktoriya wrote:
Entry wrote:
Viktoriya wrote:

I mean, if he put out the rest of the ToAU content, polished it up, then hit the reset button, it would be a very interesting turn of events. The same types of players would rise back to the top, he's banned most of the problematic people from the earlier days on the server. The meta's on this server have been absolutely perfected by one group, it's completely down to a science at this point for that group of people. The only question would be if those people would be willing start over again.

I probably wouldn't, just here to post memes during the slow period. I haven't played in about 4 weeks outside of popping on for a few minutes here and there.

If only I could have such profound delusions of grandeur about my perceived excellence in an easy mode version of a solved 15 year old game be so grossly incandescent.

I can actually say those things because I've beaten the server in its current state. Very few people can say that, and what did I say that was wrong to be delusional? There is a group on this server that has dictated meta's at killing mobs since 2017 at the most efficient levels to the point others attempt to emulate. I don't see other groups killing nearly as efficient and looking nearly as good at it. If this server is so easy as you put it, then why are every linkshell outside of two scared to make that trek up that icy mountain to battle jorm?

Didn't you guys wipe to Vrtra a couple weeks ago?

Aeroo wrote:
Wait a second.. are you suggesting that its ridiculous for someone who plays blm only and has never done anything outside of dyna and fafhogg to call this game easy?

* Easy mode KB (400 damage meteor?)
    * Easy mode Faf/Nid (joke wings)
    * Easy mode Tiamat (elementals are a joke)
    * Easy mode Vrtra (straight tanking without kiting)
    * Easy mode Jorm (see above re: elementals)
    * Extremely low enmity cap makes tanking just being the last to hit something
    * Non-lethal Fulmination
    * Ez moad PW/ZNM gear bloating gear supplies
    * Ez moad relics

You get the idea.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:20 pm 

Entry wrote:
Viktoriya wrote:
Entry wrote:

Didn't you guys wipe to Vrtra a couple weeks ago?

Aeroo wrote:

* Easy mode KB (400 damage meteor?)
    * Easy mode Faf/Nid (joke wings)
    * Easy mode Tiamat (elementals are a joke)
    * Easy mode Vrtra (straight tanking without kiting)
    * Easy mode Jorm (see above re: elementals)
    * Extremely low enmity cap makes tanking just being the last to hit something
    * Non-lethal Fulmination
    * Ez moad PW/ZNM gear bloating gear supplies
    * Ez moad relics

You get the idea.

and yet you have not killed most of the things you've listed. and you've never tanked anything. life must be sad for you playing daily on a server you despise and call easy and that you still can't even beat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:20 pm 

Tanking was easier in the retail version. The low enmity cap makes it harder imo. Still easy, but harder than retail.

If the elementals were causing major issues to your killing of Tia/Jorm in retail, you had bigger issues.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:28 pm 

Aeroo wrote:

and yet you have not killed most of the things you've listed. and you've never tanked anything. life must be sad for you playing daily on a server you despise and call easy and that you still can't even beat.

I never said I despised the server. I'm pointing out the hilarity of your arrogance. It's like being proud you won the spelling bee at your home school.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:29 pm 

Entry wrote:
It's like being proud you won the spelling bee at your home school.

Could you imagine bragging that you won the same spelling bee you never even participated in?

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:38 pm 

Skitles wrote:
Entry wrote:
It's like being proud you won the spelling bee at your home school.

Could you imagine bragging that you won the same spelling bee you never even participated in?

Can you imagine shoveling words into peoples' mouths that they never said? I also don't brag about the fact I won first place in a potato peeling contest where the objective was to peel potatoes with my bare hands. Participating in dumb contests where you win dumb prizes and you try and lord your dumb arrogance about it over people is what's funny here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:48 pm 

Could you imagine being on a forum about a video game and somebody bragging about their accomplishments?

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:52 pm 

Kazen wrote:
Could you imagine being on a forum about a video game and somebody bragging about their accomplishments?

I dunno that I'd conflate bragging about accomplishments and making yourself out to be the best thing since sliced Jesus.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 710 Next