Lobby: Up
Online: 49
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:48 pm 

Hello all,

Can anyone confirm whether Enmity works the same on Nasomi as it did in the original FFXI? Specifically, is it split into Cumulative enmity vs Volatile (decaying) enmity? I used to find that system to have an enjoyable twist relative to other MMO’s.

/salute

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:15 pm 

Hm, capping at 1/10th the previous value, I wonder what the intent was?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:18 pm 

They're definitely split, and at least according to Deadwing: The enmity cap is correct.

I've never bothered to test myself. It feels right.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:37 pm 

They're split, CE + VE = TE, There's alot of speculation around it. The claims are that it's era accurate to 5k + 5k = 10k cap, but I sincerely think that value is wrong. I can offer a simple test, but have been thrown curveball excuses about it.

My test: do the 55 cap nm's on level75 pld/nin, for a 55 war. Tank it like you'd take something for real (flashs, cure macros, sentinel, shield bash, the whole 9). Can do this easily without getting touched, except for losing a few shadows. Bring a rdm to silence just to lock it down. Watch the damage log, once the 55 war touches 3k damage they pull aggro, then soon as pld performs an action they get it back. Then the back and forth happens until the war takes damage, which pulls the pld ahead, until the war gets back to 3k. The pld auto attacks and ws should be hitting harder and faster than the war, their ws's should be close.

Conclusion: 1dmg = 1 CE + 1 VE, so 3k + 3k is 6k cap. I live by these numbers and it works well.

The argument: Some people believe emnity is bugged on the 55 cap nms, because of this, the claim the NMs get "locked" onto whoever has the quest after awhile. I do not believe this is the case. I believe this is an illusion because it's 1 of a handful of fights, where emnity values can show themselves to be inaccurate.

Current retail I think is 30k TE, and my guess is it was edited and a 0 was removed and has just been left as such, which would create a 40% lower TE than in era emnity values.

But~ eh, you can play fine at 6k cap, just have to do your math on when to clutch and when to hit the gas.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:50 pm 

Wow, great analysis of testing the cap, Carrot. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:40 pm 

I’m told by more than just deadwing that it’s correct. So I suppose it is. I feel no issues what so ever on high lvl hnms. Lower lvl high hp mobs is where it feels stupid. If this is what the cap was, then it’s simply a poorly designed system. I killed roc with a friend today. They were on thf/bst. This single wielding thief knife rips hate from a fully hasted bis mandau/sirocco setup literally 2 seconds after dropping a 2.8k dancing edge chunking it from 70 to 63. But i guess we both hit enmity cap just the same. Definitely seems to me like it should be higher.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:35 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
I’m told by more than just deadwing that it’s correct. So I suppose it is. I feel no issues what so ever on high lvl hnms. Lower lvl high hp mobs is where it feels stupid. If this is what the cap was, then it’s simply a poorly designed system. I killed roc with a friend today. They were on thf/bst. This single wielding thief knife rips hate from a fully hasted bis mandau/sirocco setup literally 2 seconds after dropping a 2.8k dancing edge chunking it from 70 to 63. But i guess we both hit enmity cap just the same. Definitely seems to me like it should be higher.

This was my experience... that low-manning random NMs made tanking feel stupid, where you lose hate against someone doing FAR less damage.. but I don't believe that makes the caps wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:23 pm 

55 cap nms, some af3 nms, roc/sim/ka/serket/cassie and maybe a couple others I can't auto think of are the only fights it feels off. Exp is mute cause dps is suppose to burst emnity faster anyways, and endgame blms that spam nuke are asking for trouble even if emnity was 200k capped. Other than that stuff it works well enough and there's nothing to worry about, I adjust my tactics and math for a 6k TE cap, if emnity is correct then I'm just playing it safe. Feels better relying on 6k cap instead of 10k cap. The times I've pushed nukes and dps to 10k cap things went south. Maybe 55 cap nms are buggy on emnity *shrugs* but that was the only readily available test I had, so I went with it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:10 pm 

No sadly it does not, i think the decay on enmity is so much higher with flash/JA than DD'ing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:08 pm 

One non-retail issue that can make emnity feel very incorrect is that a slept mob does not seem to update it's hate list in all scenarios.

This can manifest itself in a number of ways:
- provoking a slept mob seemingly having little to no effect
- dieing while a mob is slept and having the mob wake up and immediately kill the person who died

That aside I agree that we are running with a perceived lower total hate cap.