Lobby: Up
Online: 26
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 813 Next

WILL DEADWING POST SOMETHING?
YES 30%  30%  [ 17 ]
NO 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
HE'S FULL OF SHIT 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
HE'S FULL OF EPYON'S SHIT 18%  18%  [ 10 ]
AHRIMAN MIGHT GET TRACK PANTS+1 36%  36%  [ 20 ]
Total votes: 56
 Post subject: Re: Halloween Drama Poll
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:58 pm 

RL called last night. I'm still thinking over what to keep and redact from my Top Shelf post.

In the meantime; with Eden's server frontpage looking like it does, it seemed like the perfect chance to paste this writeup I did on the ffxi_private_server subreddit this summer.

It is in regards to this sticky:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIPrivateSer ... list_2019/

It was deleted by atom0s in line with their narrative control tactics on that subreddit which capitalize on, most notably, the fact that Nasomi players are too busy logging in and playing to spend time correcting the Eden propaganda shills.

Quote:
Let’s get one thing out in the open from the start: this sticky was written by a mod for the Eden server.

Atom0s has created the list in Alphabetical order which “conveniently” puts Eden at the top, although it is neither the oldest nor the largest server even in its category.
Additionally, he has included the “with custom changes” tag to the Nasomi server while omitting it from the other two in the 75 cap category; this is extremely misleading.

No one can make the argument Nasomi is a completely era correct server. Elemental ores come from excavation instead of gardening, track pants+1 give 8% movement to any job at any level, there are sixty custom wyvern NMs spread throughout the world as well as a shape shifting bunny with a million HP, Chatoyant staff and other out of era foods are included, easier relic completion, extra spendable merits, many crafting materials stack, and the list goes on. Any one of these would make a retail purist shutter and consider playing somewhere else.

If you’re like me and retail truly captured your imagination you may be wondering what was technically possible at any given time before the level cap was raised. What was the optimum strategy for beating X bcnm, lowmanning Y endgame mob, or building Z relic the quickest? Sadly, Nasomi server can’t give you most of those answers in any sort of scientifically valid way.

If you’re looking to play FFXI with more of a competitive mindset, you’ll be crestfallen to learn you’re going to have to put a lot more effort into your character to replicate the success of the people who were playing on Nasomi in the earlier years. You could be an objectively better FFXI player than the server’s old guard, and still fall short of their gear and crafting accomplishments after years of effort.

With all of those downsides of Nasomi brought to the light, I’m going to tell you what the Eden propaganda crew really doesn’t want you to hear: they have the exact same issues.
Godmode is not committed to “hard era” ideals that would satisfy the imagination of someone wondering what was technically possible in an era of FFXI. He’s on record here:

https://github.com/EdenServer/community/issues/255

Saying “I’m ok with balancing out of era if it makes sense. I’m ok with opening that can of worms” in regards to a dark knight ability that had its duration extended by a factor of six.
At the time of writing that github link has 606 issues still open with 1258 issues closed. Many of those issues moved the difficulty goalpost after the early players had completed the content in an easier state, which is exactly what they accuse Nasomi of getting so wrong with his server. As a cherry on top, the oldest segment of the player base comes from Kupo server which had the usual suspects in terms of glitches, and 2x multiplier on crafting skillups.

At the time of writing Eden has: level sync, worldwide yell, linked AH’s, mog wardrobes, totally custom blu, heavily out of era pup, underwhelming mnk, and more than a little guesswork in the smn mechanics.

The mog wardrobe offsets any era accuracy they might have gained by making crafting materials unstackable. Additionally, certain jobs in the game will continue to creep higher in power the more inventory space you give them. You put an Eden blm with an inventory full of Hi elixirs/refresh drinks and two wardrobes full of gear vs a Nasomi blm with only 70 slots, extra merits, and a chatoyant staff, and I know which one will feel more out of era. This effect is even more pronounced with Red Mage.

My point is, Eden is as custom a server as Nasomi. In regards to the early player advantage, I will say Eden did a better job than Nasomi, but this is somewhat offset by the fact fewer of Nasomi’s early players still play. Eden is way behind Nasomi on content and job accuracy. I respect them for endeavoring to release things in an accurate state from the start; however if you look through their issues section it is clear they don’t succeed at that nearly as much as they’d like everyone to believe. I’m also curious about Eden’s frontpage announcement promising fully unlocked and finely tuned Sea in the next few months. Big promises from a server that can’t even get their wyrms working right.

At the time of this post Eden server has been down 3.5 days while they attempt to retcon widespread issues with duping and crafting exploits.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:58 am 

You absolutely cannot claim to have anything approaching an era server and have mog wardrobe enabled. As appealing as the siren's song of QOL is, anyone who know how this game works/follows post wardrobe retail should be able to see how toxic it would be. Mages are only part of the equation tbh. Imagine if every melee DD could carry multiple pdt and mdt sets in addition to their ws/tp etc gear. That's what modern melees do. You think tanks have trouble in current tp burn meta? This coupled with Eden's leniency re plugins would make for some laughable high level play. Everyone can have a resist set at tia, why not? No shortage of space.

Not to mention rolling into fights 70/70 deep in medicine...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:12 am 

This is incredibly entertaining, thanks for posting Deadwing.

I am ignorant of most nuances behind this game as I didn't play the original back in 2005, but it's impressive to see the amount of minutiae that went into these private servers and your assessment of both servers in light of your time spent developing on Nasomi and playing the original.

I realize there is some bad blood between you and older community members, but please don't stop posting. :lol:

Cheers,

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:14 am 

Piellar wrote:
This is incredibly entertaining, thanks for posting Deadwing.

I am ignorant of most nuances behind this game as I didn't play the original back in 2005, but it's impressive to see the amount of minutiae that went into these private servers and your assessment of both servers in light of your time spent developing on Nasomi and playing the original.

I realize there is some bad blood between you and older community members, but please don't stop posting. :lol:

Cheers,

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:34 am 

Deadwing wrote:
It was deleted by atom0s in line with their narrative control tactics on that subreddit which capitalize on, most notably, the fact that Nasomi players are too busy logging in and playing to spend time correcting the Eden propaganda shills.

Eden's population growth really appears to be right in line with the mods being stacked in their favor out of nowhere this year. I don't think I've seen anything critical concerning Eden on that subreddit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:17 pm 

Chakan wrote:
Deadwing wrote:

Eden's population growth really appears to be right in line with the mods being stacked in their favor out of nowhere this year. I don't think I've seen anything critical concerning Eden on that subreddit.

Pretty sure you can't trust any population numbers they post as they're likely being fudged. Has shown online numbers still the whole time they've been shutdown.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:15 pm 

Deadwing wrote:

I hear atom0s is in cahoots with Godmode to sell bots on Eden, wanna get in on this definitely factual information before it gets narratively controlled on the subreddit?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:20 pm 

Well, let's look at the facts:

Eden's GM population is made up almost entirely of leaders of the HNMLSs
The GM oversight committee doesn't allow anyone from an HNMLS in it
atom0s has written plenty of plugins over the years that definitely fall into the "cheating" category
Eden has a population with a significant number of Nasomi players that have been banned for cheating and RMT
Eden's exploitation problem got so out of hand that it's had to be shut down, and is still shut down.

So their administration has massive conflicts of interest on everything from general endgame bullshittery to policing the use of 3rd party programs, as well as a track record of being even more ineffectual than Nasomi in handling cheaters.

So yeah, fuck Eden. But that's not what this thread is about: I want the Nasomi endgame drama that was promised, not a deflection about Eden being garbage.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:10 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
So yeah, fuck Eden. But that's not what this thread is about: I want the Nasomi endgame drama that was promised, not a deflection about Eden being garbage.

Go on...

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:33 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Eden's exploitation problem got so out of hand that it's had to be shut down, and is still shut down.

lolwhat? server isnt even online?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 813 Next