Lobby: Up
Online: 50
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 913 Next

WILL DEADWING POST SOMETHING?
YES 30%  30%  [ 17 ]
NO 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
HE'S FULL OF SHIT 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
HE'S FULL OF EPYON'S SHIT 18%  18%  [ 10 ]
AHRIMAN MIGHT GET TRACK PANTS+1 36%  36%  [ 20 ]
Total votes: 56
 Post subject: Re: Halloween Drama Poll
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:56 pm 

warlyx wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
Eden's exploitation problem got so out of hand that it's had to be shut down, and is still shut down.

lolwhat? server isnt even online?

For several days now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:32 pm 

warlyx wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
Eden's exploitation problem got so out of hand that it's had to be shut down, and is still shut down.

that's what happens when nasomi rejects who were banned for hacking, go to a new server. they do the same shit and ruin a new server. good thing they didn't restart here again, like sov has for the 5th time before goin to eden.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:38 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Well, let's look at the facts:

Eden's GM population is made up almost entirely of leaders of the HNMLSs
The GM oversight committee doesn't allow anyone from an HNMLS in it
atom0s has written plenty of plugins over the years that definitely fall into the "cheating" category
Eden has a population with a significant number of Nasomi players that have been banned for cheating and RMT

So their administration has massive conflicts of interest on everything from general endgame bullshittery to policing the use of 3rd party programs, as well as a track record of being even more ineffectual than Nasomi in handling cheaters.

So yeah, fuck Eden. But that's not what this thread is about: I want the Nasomi endgame drama that was promised, not a deflection about Eden being garbage.

The main guy's name is Godmode.. you can pretty much deduce everything just from that tbh :lol:
I also had the feeling before that people shilling for Eden in this forum were doing it to get more RMT customers.
Some might just be trolls or both.

You can say whatever you want about Nasomi, but you can't doubt his intent on having a fair/fun server.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 pm 

Jearheal wrote:
I also had the feeling before that people shilling for Eden in this forum were doing it to get more RMT customers.

It's felt like there's a lot of RMT activity going on on Eden when I've done some curiosity searches. Nasomi has had a lot of publicity over the past few years and a lot of active players, which explains why it exists here. Eden has had advertised gil since... basically day one...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:03 pm 

Chakan wrote:
warlyx wrote:
cthalupa wrote:

For several days now.

:shock: , and it was a hacking thing :lol: , oh well color me surprised :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:13 pm 

Lol the history of kupo/eden.... Now that's a funny story^^ if only the people newer to private servers knew the whole story, they'd understand why I say nasomi is the only rich kid I trust with my data <3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:22 pm 

I for one am glad that DW mentioned that this is not a 1-1 copy of retail in era. To be completely honest, This server is an emulation of the “in era” experience several of us had. While a lot of care was made to recreate the behavior/responses of mobs and make the overworld identical, it is impossible to make anything that is emulated 1-1. That doesn't mean this server cannot come close, however. While I like to point that out, Nas has taken some artistic liberties in his hand that he thinks benefits the server. OWNM's, for example, give average joe shmoe LS's the chance to obtain BCNM drops without the seals. DW mentioned the OoE food/items that exist in this game currently. Some mobs spawn behavior/locations are different than in retail, Sams Third Eye stacking with shadows is a thing in here, WS with elemental damage not reading correctly—such as jinpu, kagero, gotten. Several WS effects are not adjusted to mirror the in era effects—such as Tachi: Hobaku. Then there are items where the additional effects do not trigger, such as the Algol's additional effect of fire dmg.

Maybe this is intended to what Nas wants. This is fine though, because it is his game. Hell, the fact that level sync is in this server should be a giveaway, as well as Nasomi changing the original FFXI title to FFXI Nasomi. I think that it is fair what he did and what he's trying to do in trying to build a server where people can have fun. But you have people in this server that believe in it so much, to suggest every accomplishment they could do here could be replicated in retail. Well as I just mentioned before, this server is not a true 1-1 to that of era retail. Drops would not come easily, Dynamis would not be low manned, easymode relics would not be a thing [with respect to era difficulty and cost], and the amount of items in circulation--to include HQ items--are in vast amounts in this server as well. In a era with a server population that could be anywhere between 3-5k, topped with scarce resources and inflated prices, would inhibit most players from achieving the things they currently have here. There would be no OWNM's to gain easy access to a KC, or other valuable gear. Mission quest and some monsters do not behave accordingly either, which makes most of the fights easier than they should be.

This server, however, does not need to be a complete copy. It is understandable that he is trying to create some mystery in the game so that others enjoy it and try to figure things out—as DW points out. It’s kind of hard to do that if we try to relive in an era that we knew absolutely everything about. Need that be the enmity generation/loss mechanics to monster behavior, crafting guides to leveling spots; players have the FFXIclopedia to give them insight on this. That is why he modified White Cooney created OWNMS, changed some spawn behaviors of specific NM’s as well as adjusted exp camps to make the game more enjoyable.

I just think that people need to stop comparing this to retail as a 1-1 approach. It’s a Nasomi twist utilizing a slew of things that are “in era” to achieve the means of allowing us to have fun. And I think that everyone needs to enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:07 pm 

Do people bot here / use 3rd PT programs to get claims on HNMs?

Please open my eyes, I was recently told I am naive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:17 pm 

Alexandor wrote:

Problem is, those who don't can't know for sure and those who might wouldn't talk about it. Nas comes down on the bots he can find, like fishing bots are pretty simple to spot if you try, but there are some critical ones that are a bit harder to prove.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:08 pm 

Alexandor wrote:

Yes. Many.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 913 Next