Lobby: Up
Online: 91
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:03 am 

cthalupa wrote:
Koronos wrote:
Hamster wrote:
Every time I see this crap it is irritating. Eden isn't even close to era accurate by a long shot. Having wardrobe 1-4 is massively game altering and if you think not, you either don't know how to play the game or you're lying to yourself. That is more game changing than any OWNM's that nasomi may have. Plus Eden's using icon's db, where i'm origionally from. And he had 2x crafting skillup's, which provides another massive advantage for older players.

If Eden is a longshot from Era, what in the fuck do you consider Nasomi to be? Light years from era would be accurate. Your statement is only half right it's just Mog Wardrobe 1-2. It's an implementation that I myself can't get behind either, and don't really understand.

What say you about the broken Nasomi content that cuts corners? OWNM's are a solution for not knowing/having time/no captures to code proper BCNMs which in itself leads back to cutting corners. No Zeni system, piss easy COP implementation, 50k Dynamis entry (two of which are broken and allow free entry) and whatever else I'm missing. Let's not avoid the real issues that you so conveniently just did in your reply. Quality of life changes are one thing, but messing with actual content is an entirely different one. Being someone who alternates between both servers allows me to see both for their successes and their failures. Your comments are entirely one-sided and biased, have you tried Eden, could you even say one positive thing about it (minus sarcasm)? How can anyone defend to the death something that destroys the sanctity of the game?

I lurk often, and all I have ever seen is Pasquale bash Eden at every opportunity. It's a bit pathetic considering the state of both servers and the age of them comparatively. Especially when you have only played on one and are 100% biased.

Neither are accurate, but they do their best. Just going to have to see where they both end up. /shrug

Edit: What was swept under the rug? I'm not too keen on the history of Eden.

guy with two posts who registered today just spewing Eden propaganda.

(Hmm.)

Uh, sorry? I got annoyed to the point where I felt the urge to post finally.

Your lack of any points in your defense except for "hurrrrrrr he's spreading eden propaganda" doesn't bode well for your arguments. You're incredibly one-sided, unable to see from other points of view. It makes it seem like you're only protecting the integrity of your character by making sure new and returning players keep the server alive for you to play on and show off to regardless of the fact that so much of it is broken in damn'ing ways. It's like you're unable to admit that it has flaws because of that. It's not like Eden isn't without its own issues, its system stability for example pales in comparison and zones crash a fair bit more than Nasomi, you can't delete characters, crafting above 60 is a bit easier than retail (whereas Nasomi is a bit harder), etc. But at least actual content isn't bastardized there. My bad though, I should know that no Zeni system, free/cheap Dynamis entries (which already make my relics feel less special), and easy COP missions, etc. are 'features'.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:32 am 

Koronos wrote:

Your lack of any points in your defense except for "hurrrrrrr he's spreading eden propaganda" doesn't bode well for your arguments. You're incredibly one-sided, unable to see from other points of view. It makes it seem like you're only protecting the integrity of your character by making sure new and returning players keep the server alive for you to play on and show off to regardless of the fact that so much of it is broken in damn'ing ways. It's like you're unable to admit that it has flaws because of that. It's not like Eden isn't without its own issues, its system stability for example pales in comparison and zones crash a fair bit more than Nasomi, you can't delete characters, crafting above 60 is a bit easier than retail (whereas Nasomi is a bit harder), etc. But at least actual content isn't bastardized there. My bad though, I should know that no Zeni system, free/cheap Dynamis entries (which already make my relics feel less special), and easy COP missions, etc. are 'features'.

Cool. Go play on Eden.

Like, I'm not saying much of anything else because it's simply not important. Nasomi has flaws. Of course it does.

Eden has some stuff that's more retail accurate. It has some stuff that is even more broken than ANYTHING on Nasomi. The Mog Wardrobe system and being able to access everything in your wardrobes from outside of town is one of the biggest possible buffs to players ever, especially when addons that would automate the usage of wardrobe are only on the "Well maybe we won't allow them in the future but for now we kind of just frown in your general direction" list.

CoP missions are more difficult! Well, okay. They weren't that hard to begin with - pugs would have a lower success rate, but any organized group or even a pug group that stuck together for more than a couple of hours would still be able to do it. But I'll bet you anything Sea is more era accurate on Nasomi than it will be on Eden - hell, the latest news post is talking about how they've gone to current day retail to capture sea implementation details. And current day sea sure isn't era accurate sea.

But you're here going on about how Nasomi doesn't have ZNMs... Eden doesn't either. It doesn't have Cerbr/Khim/Chimaera. It doesn't have Dynamis Xarcabard, or Dreamlands Dynamis. You're sitting here and ragging on Nasomi about not having a system that the server you're lauding doesn't either, while it's still missing plenty of content that Nasomi does. So yeah, you come across like a propagandist.

Eden isn't era. Nasomi isn't either - but it doesn't claim to be. For better or for worse, Nas has decided he wants to do things that weren't era accurate. Square didn't get everything right. Nasomi doesn't either, but you're talking about how the kettle is black when you're a cast iron pot.

I kind of regret spending a few minutes writing this much shit, because nothing you've said is actually enough to deserve it. But it's all pretty simple: Anyone going on the Eden forums arguing about how Nasomi is better is a dickhead. Anyone coming on the Nasomi forums arguing about how Eden is better is a dickhead. If you want to play on Eden, go play on Eden. But stop being a dickhead.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:11 pm 

And Vik is a veteran currently playing on Eden so he knows..7 mins barspell lightshot overwriting lightshot.. mog wardrobe... hardcore and era accurate server btw .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:25 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Anyone going on the Eden forums arguing about how Nasomi is better is a dickhead. Anyone coming on the Nasomi forums arguing about how Eden is better is a dickhead. If you want to play on Eden, go play on Eden. But stop being a dickhead.

You need to stop lying........ ain’t no one posting on Eden’s god damn forums.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:22 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Koronos wrote:

Cool. Go play on Eden.

Like, I'm not saying much of anything else because it's simply not important. Nasomi has flaws. Of course it does.

Eden has some stuff that's more retail accurate. It has some stuff that is even more broken than ANYTHING on Nasomi. The Mog Wardrobe system and being able to access everything in your wardrobes from outside of town is one of the biggest possible buffs to players ever, especially when addons that would automate the usage of wardrobe are only on the "Well maybe we won't allow them in the future but for now we kind of just frown in your general direction" list.

CoP missions are more difficult! Well, okay. They weren't that hard to begin with - pugs would have a lower success rate, but any organized group or even a pug group that stuck together for more than a couple of hours would still be able to do it. But I'll bet you anything Sea is more era accurate on Nasomi than it will be on Eden - hell, the latest news post is talking about how they've gone to current day retail to capture sea implementation details. And current day sea sure isn't era accurate sea.

But you're here going on about how Nasomi doesn't have ZNMs... Eden doesn't either. It doesn't have Cerbr/Khim/Chimaera. It doesn't have Dynamis Xarcabard, or Dreamlands Dynamis. You're sitting here and ragging on Nasomi about not having a system that the server you're lauding doesn't either, while it's still missing plenty of content that Nasomi does. So yeah, you come across like a propagandist.

Eden isn't era. Nasomi isn't either - but it doesn't claim to be. For better or for worse, Nas has decided he wants to do things that weren't era accurate. Square didn't get everything right. Nasomi doesn't either, but you're talking about how the kettle is black when you're a cast iron pot.

I kind of regret spending a few minutes writing this much shit, because nothing you've said is actually enough to deserve it. But it's all pretty simple: Anyone going on the Eden forums arguing about how Nasomi is better is a dickhead. Anyone coming on the Nasomi forums arguing about how Eden is better is a dickhead. If you want to play on Eden, go play on Eden. But stop being a dickhead.

I didn’t read this whole wall but I saw some incorrect information so I will help also I don’t care about the Eden vs Nasomi dick swinging... just facts.

Eden does have Cerb/Khim/Hydra, it also does have Dynamis Xarcabard. I’m not here to spread fake news about either server, I know why I play where I play, it’s nice being able to log into whatever server I want.

Ps.
Killing a Nidhogg has changed you. The Cthalupa I knew wouldn’t call me a dick in a stream chat ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 pm 

AraY wrote:
I didn’t read this whole wall but I saw some incorrect information so I will help also I don’t care about the Eden vs Nasomi dick swinging... just facts.

Eden does have Cerb/Khim/Hydra, it also does have Dynamis Xarcabard. I’m not here to spread fake news about either server, I know why I play where I play, it’s nice being able to log into whatever server I want.

Ps.
Killing a Nidhogg has changed you. The Cthalupa I knew wouldn’t call me a dick in a stream chat ;)

Psh, pretty sure I've said you're kind of a dick long before I did any HNMs on Nas :)

Gotcha on Xarc and ToAU HNMs, though. I was basing it off of the last news posts on the subjects saying that they're on their way - don't see any that actually say they're released.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:30 pm 

Hi Rubi, servers about the same as when you left, nothing I can think of has rly happened. Maybe a couple of shuffles in the endgame scene between linkshells and such, oh the chinese got hit with a VPN ban that x'd out like 60 or 70 ppl, other than that it's still the same shit. I don't rly need to spew the details, you aleeady know them all lol. Stay galka^^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:41 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
AraY wrote:

Ps.

Psh, pretty sure I've said you're kind of a dick long before I did any HNMs on Nas :)

Gotcha on Xarc and ToAU HNMs, though. I was basing it off of the last news posts on the subjects saying that they're on their way - don't see any that actually say they're released.

Patch notes are on the forum, nerb.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:37 pm 

Trist wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
AraY wrote:

Ps.

I'd have to care enough about the server to go read patch notes :P

If people want to play on Eden it's cool, I just don't want them shitting up the Nasomi forums with this pointless shit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:52 am 

cthalupa wrote:
Trist wrote:
cthalupa wrote:

I'd have to care enough about the server to go read patch notes :P

If people want to play on Eden it's cool, I just don't want them shitting up the Nasomi forums with this pointless shit.

Quote:
But you're here going on about how Nasomi doesn't have ZNMs... Eden doesn't either.
I said they didn't have ZNMs...huh?

I mean, I definitely just shit on both servers for their flaws. Some flaws are worse than others however. Neither are perfect, we've established that, but completely omitting fucking mechanics to get content introduced 'faster' is a cop out and I'll say it again, bastardizes the integrity of the game. I can't think of a fucking soul that liked the Zeni system and soul plate bullshit, but its what we got, and what we had to deal with years ago. It's what made those rewards hold as much value as they did, and its what gave us such a high when we succeeded that it became addicting and we continued to play chasing the next one. QoL and system architecture aside, my point is that if you're going to introduce 'new, (old)' content, do it properly or don't do it at all. Unless Nasomi's definition of "custom" FFXI server is: "Server designed to omit important functions of the original game to allow for faster content releases." which in itself just kind of solidifies the fact that his team is unable to again code/capture/whatever the proper content to even minimally functional accuracy. Making that content easier by destroying difficult requirements to access rewards is a serious blow to the value of said reward. I guess I'm just crazy in regards to that sentiment apparently.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next