Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: AH Sales for 1 gil
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:49 am 

Seems a little odd to me. Do people do this with items to mule back and forth easier or something? An example would be Leaping Boots selling 4 times in a row for 1 gil between the same buyer/seller with 0.00hr sales times.

Post subject: Re: AH Sales for 1 gil
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:09 pm 

Course they do, it’s the easiest way to post something between cities, however price jacking and manipulation is a different thing altogether. Leaping Boots are a good example, as they were slowly dropping, last week were down to 170k and then bamn the same two names buy and sell ten times in a few mins and they back up to 300k. Happens all the time.

Last edited by Biteru on Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:09 pm 

Often times its scumbag price fixing by clearing the AH history. After checking Leaping Boots, I was right:

You can blatantly see the person buying a ton of pairs of them low, wiping the AH history with 1g sales to price fix.

And as you can tell by looking at more recent sales, their tactic isn't particularly paying off.

So, yes, people often do sell items for 1g to mule across cities - but there are also occasions where people will attempt to price fix in this manner.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:22 pm 

Shikishima wrote:
Often times its scumbag price fixing by clearing the AH history. After checking Leaping Boots, I was right:

You can blatantly see the person buying a ton of pairs of them low, wiping the AH history with 1g sales to price fix.

And as you can tell by looking at more recent sales, their tactic isn't particularly paying off.

So, yes, people often do sell items for 1g to mule across cities - but there are also occasions where people will attempt to price fix in this manner.

Also maybe they're a crafter and trying to make Winged boots +1 for whatever reason

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:45 pm 

Not in the case of the leaping boots, but some people wash their item through the AH to get rid of a crafter's signature.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:38 pm 

Ah I guess that makes sense. Seems pretty scummy but nothing that can be done. Wasnt sure if it was some roundabout way to RMT or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:03 am 

This is explicitly against the rules on other servers. Nasomi seems to tolerate it here 100%, even though you could argue that this disrupts the game. Good luck with that argument.

Every so often this kind of discussion comes up: look, here is someone trying to fake-news the AH history! Look at how bad they are. Bad! Bad! ...and then nothing happens until several months later... we'll be joking about ginger cookies or prism powder, or some shit like that, because you literally can't do anything about this... Unless you want to call out every single case on a day-to-day digest of crafters dumping stuff cheap. I'd be on that list somewhere. So would most people who use the AH. Once you understand that the majority of the AH users don't have a naive trust in the sales history and that you can choose to look at this as a nasomi feature (talk to people in-game), your life will become better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:14 am 

budoukiba wrote:
Seems a little odd to me. Do people do this with items to mule back and forth easier or something? An example would be Leaping Boots selling 4 times in a row for 1 gil between the same buyer/seller with 0.00hr sales times.

I've done it plenty of times with crafting materials, with the absence of a working delivery box it's the only way of shipping things from city to city unless you enjoy lots and lots of running.

Of course sometimes people like to whitewash sales history for prized items, doesn't do much though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:05 pm 

I mean he goes through it all. It's just he's looking for cheaters.