Lobby: Up
Online: 68
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:49 pm 

If you're down to break rules, there's plenty of ways to fuck others over. I'll give you that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:54 pm 

Multra wrote:
Meh, don't camp right on top of other people and shitty things probably won't happen to you.

To be clear, they camped at the same XP camp. They did not camp physically on top of the other party.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:57 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Multra wrote:
Meh, don't camp right on top of other people and shitty things probably won't happen to you.

To be clear, they camped at the same XP camp. They did not camp physically on top of the other party.

lmao

i always find it funny when the people that broke the rules make the forum post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:52 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
All I'm saying is that several of the people that were all on board with Rixx getting banned are taking the opposite stance here.

It's not that I dont believe you, because you and wolfharrdt have usually been pretty fair on these forums. But you guys have left me feeling like youre being pretty unfair in this thread. Any chance you could post some quotes of TS members taking opposite stances? I scanned the free rixx and interpretation of the rules threads, and really didnt find any glaringly hypocritical opinions made by the same person, much less several. Sadly the first rixx thread got deleted, so maybe youre referring to posts from there. Would go a long way towards getting any of us that do this, to take a more prudent approach to the forums for the sake of public image.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:27 pm 

I just think it's pretty different from what happened with Rixx and not an apt comparison. This was a reaction, not a planned out mpk. I don't think those screenshots show enough. What it does show is agony being real snarky, which sort of neutralizes the situation in my eyes, and I think the big man may have a similar view from what I have witnessed. I wasn't trying to excuse mpk if that is what happened. Can we also stop characterizing each others thoughts and opinions and labeling it on a group of 50-60 linkshell members? Naimah has called me out when he thinks I'm wrong plenty and has made fun of me when shit blew up in my face and it was my fault. We are separate people. I think you all in rfk deal with the same type of branding sometimes. Maybe we can be more mindful of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:45 pm 

In both instances, one group ignored the socially accepted norms for a camp and proceeded to use it before it was their "turn".

In both cases, the other party decided to claim some of the mobs and let them kill the first group.

In one of those cases, I think most people backed Aeroo and Deft.. I know I sure did.

Now this instance has Agony being a douche. I don't remember if Deft or Aeroo were douches to Rixx or not, as you said.. that thread was deleted. Having spent some time talking to both of them, I'm going to guess they were less than 100% pleasant. Either way, as someone who is commonly called an asshole (looks at Salty's forum sig) I can say: I don't believe being an asshole is against the rules, but I do believe claiming mobs that are aggro'd on someone else to cause them to die is. There was cases in that deleted thread of people saying it doesn't really matter what someone else did once you start breaking the rules to get back at them. Bad manners aren't equal to cheating and MPK'ing.

Now Aeroo's situation is different because Rixx said he would continue to do it, and I have no idea if these guys said that. I doubt they did. That's about the only difference I see.

I think we just need everyone that thinks something like MPK'ing a group is debatable, by the rules, to create some type of scoring rubric to help some of us simple folk better understand what completely allowed behaviors do and do not excuse MPK. Maybe some version of a list of words that we can't use.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:17 pm 

Starbright wrote:
In both instances, one group ignored the socially accepted norms for a camp and proceeded to use it before it was their "turn".

In both cases, the other party decided to claim some of the mobs and let them kill the first group.

In one of those cases, I think most people backed Aeroo and Deft.. I know I sure did.

Now this instance has Agony being a douche. I don't remember if Deft or Aeroo were douches to Rixx or not, as you said.. that thread was deleted. Having spent some time talking to both of them, I'm going to guess they were less than 100% pleasant. Either way, as someone who is commonly called an asshole (looks at Salty's forum sig) I can say: I don't believe being an asshole is against the rules, but I do believe claiming mobs that are aggro'd on someone else to cause them to die is. There was cases in that deleted thread of people saying it doesn't really matter what someone else did once you start breaking the rules to get back at them. Bad manners aren't equal to cheating and MPK'ing.

Now Aeroo's situation is different because Rixx said he would continue to do it, and I have no idea if these guys said that. I doubt they did. That's about the only difference I see.

I think we just need everyone that thinks something like MPK'ing a group is debatable, by the rules, to create some type of scoring rubric to help some of us simple folk better understand what completely allowed behaviors do and do not excuse MPK. Maybe some version of a list of words that we can't use.

+1

Chess is probably THE player who deserves the most to be MPK'd. That did not prevent Vivix from getting banned for MPK'ing Chess.

Whether it was deserved or not is irrelevant.

MPK is MPK.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:23 pm 

Camper wrote:
+1

Chess is probably THE player who deserves the most to be MPK'd. That did not prevent Vivix from getting banned for MPK'ing Chess.

Whether it was deserved or not is irrelevant.

MPK is MPK.

Note: We didn't say anything to Rixx before MPK happened, and the only things in zone I said were, "Is this the life you live?" after the MPK. Then trolled about how I can pull even without Flee.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:38 pm 

exelyon wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
All I'm saying is that several of the people that were all on board with Rixx getting banned are taking the opposite stance here.

It's not that I dont believe you, because you and wolfharrdt have usually been pretty fair on these forums. But you guys have left me feeling like youre being pretty unfair in this thread. Any chance you could post some quotes of TS members taking opposite stances? I scanned the free rixx and interpretation of the rules threads, and really didnt find any glaringly hypocritical opinions made by the same person, much less several. Sadly the first rixx thread got deleted, so maybe youre referring to posts from there. Would go a long way towards getting any of us that do this, to take a more prudent approach to the forums for the sake of public image.

Sure. I hadn't read Mikuki's most recent post when I made that one, and that somewhat tempered what I was saying - it got posted while I was writing mine, but he was one of the ones I was thinking of from the free rixx thread:

Miku wrote:
An instant ban for one instance of mpk is kinda harsh.. but nasomi is quite clear on his zero tolerance/one strike policy.

There was clear malice in this action and that can't really be defended. The way this guy is trying to go down as a martyr against TS is kinda silly. Was it worth it?

There was clear malice here - they even talk about how they were intentional about it in the screenshots they provided because they were "defending their rights"

You clearly know what is going to happen when you claim a mob that has had a sleep and multiple nukes cast on it when you cast just a sleep - you are not going to have hate when it wakes up. And you know the other people that have hate are going to have nothing they can do about it.

Aeroo being another one, with this quote from the current thread:

Aeroo wrote:
Gray area mpk that it seems like Agonybringer deserved, judging by the vile in that text. And I say that as someone who knows him and likes him a little. He's definitely in the wrong here from what I am looking at.

And I mean, I like all the TS people I'm arguing with on this quite a bit, so this isn't a "FUCK YOU I'M CALLING YOU OUT AS A HYPOCRITE" type thing - it's a 'Eh, c'mon guys, this isn't THAT different from the Rixx thing and you're at least somewhat taking the opposite side here'

There's a fundamental question here: Do the actions of another person ever make it OK for you to break the rules? If I'm an asshole, you can MPK me? What about botting or pos hacks or other 3P programs? If one is the okay, why isn't the other? Or if someone is botting, does that give me the right to bot against them?

For me, the answer is pretty clearly no, for all of those.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:39 pm 

Camper wrote:
MPK is MPK.

I think the case can and should be made on whether or not the MPK was aggravated or premeditated. Don't think ignoring social norms and etiquette then falling on the fainting couch over the rules should be encouraged.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next