Lobby: Up
Online: 68
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:01 am 

doserexe wrote:

Can confirm , it looks like gear isn't being taken into effect with WS's atm, or if it is , it's being calcuated at an extremely reduced rate.

with gear --> 402 - 368 - 316 - 324 - 392 - 277 - 306 - 286 - 288 without gear ---> 319 - 250 - 222 - 240 -292 - 310 - 308 - 273 - 262 - 297

Test WS : Tachi: Gekko , test mob , Too weak to be worthwhile , Test weapon , Wooden katana (Rare ex from the buffalo event) 1 damage , level 1 GK

Test ws gear , Haub , sword belt +1 , amamet mantle +1 , enki's braclets , +4 str rings , +5 attack earrings , + peacock charm , mythril grip +1 , royal knights breeches.

Without gear -- > naked with a sword.

Yikes fellers :(

Completely ignoring the fact that your post / small sample size shows that gear is actually having an impact, you are aware how a ws like Gekko and works and why it is good right?

Half of the items wouldn't have an impact anyway on a mob of that level and the others aren't going to add anything crazy like an extra 500 extra considering most things are capped.

Also from what I've seen it works like other multi-hits now based on soloing some lolibri on my pup after the patch earlier this month. if you use a multihit ws on a bunny with 1 hp, your first hit will land and the bunny will die. You don't continue beating a dead horse. Pretty obvious with something like Raging Fists.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:16 am 

Myupih wrote:
doserexe wrote:

Can confirm , it looks like gear isn't being taken into effect with WS's atm, or if it is , it's being calcuated at an extremely reduced rate.

with gear --> 402 - 368 - 316 - 324 - 392 - 277 - 306 - 286 - 288 without gear ---> 319 - 250 - 222 - 240 -292 - 310 - 308 - 273 - 262 - 297

Test WS : Tachi: Gekko , test mob , Too weak to be worthwhile , Test weapon , Wooden katana (Rare ex from the buffalo event) 1 damage , level 1 GK

Test ws gear , Haub , sword belt +1 , amamet mantle +1 , Bandamusha kote , +4 str rings , +5 attack earrings , + peacock charm , mythril grip +1 , royal knights breeches.

Completely ignoring the fact that your post / small sample size shows that gear is actually having an impact, you are aware how a ws like Gekko and works and why it is good right?

Half of the items wouldn't have an impact anyway on a mob of that level and the others aren't going to add anything crazy like an extra 500 extra considering most things are capped.

Also from what I've seen it works like other multi-hits now based on soloing some lolibri on my pup after the patch earlier this month. if you use a multihit ws on a bunny with 1 hp, your first hit will land and the bunny will die. You don't continue beating a dead horse. Pretty obvious with something like Raging Fists.

i'll retry the test with a /check tough mob , same level 1 GK
But the mobs i was hitting were around 55+ , so it wasn't like i was getting overkill damage.

i'll do 50 of each and post the averages.

And yes , i know how gekko works , it's why i chose gekko for this test , the STR modifier is huge , so it's a perfect WS to test damage calculations on

Last edited by doserexe on Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:35 am 

Myupih wrote:
doserexe wrote:

Test ws gear , Haub , sword belt +1 , amamet mantle +1 , enki's braclets , +4 str rings , +5 attack earrings , + peacock charm , mythril grip +1 , royal knights breeches.

Well here is a better sample before 2 patches ago i averaged 900-1200 Gekko's on Mis Coast birds with Brd doing Min March now im averaging 500-800 Gekko's with same setup songs and slightly better gear. This is a average of over 200+ birds today and prior to today 500+ birds. Something is not correct others have said same thing. Granted the Damage before last patch and after patch before was insane but based on sam the damage is insanely lower then what it should be and a war and a Sam doing same damage on WS"s naked as they do when geared tells me gear doesnt seem to be affecting as it should be or has been greatly nerfed for the WS calc.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:37 am 

The overkill damage would only apply to multi-hits.

Even a level 55 mob would mean that your neck, earrings, belt, most of your pants, cape and haub weren't really adding much at all, and your choice of weapon would make your gear choices matter even less.

I think you are overestimating the impact 26 str will have in this situation, at least if what you already saw was disappointing somehow. You're really looking at a damage difference that's a little less than going from Zanbato to Shinsoku. It's noticeable enough and reflected in the numbers you posted.

If you are going to do a test make sure to control for level/mob and not use any items/sub with double attack.

The number ranges you posted don't seem to have any issues based on quick napkin math though imo.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:38 am 

update 1. With gear and prior setup 312 damage average.

Update 2. naked average 262

Current mob easy prey @ 75

I mean........

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:02 am 

Replacement wrote:

Well here is a better sample before 2 patches ago i averaged 900-1200 Gekko's on Mis Coast birds with Brd doing Min March now im averaging 500-800 Gekko's with same setup songs and slightly better gear. This is a average of over 200+ birds today and prior to today 500+ birds. Something is not correct others have said same thing. Granted the Damage before last patch and after patch before was insane but based on sam the damage is insanely lower then what it should be and a war and a Sam doing same damage on WS"s naked as they do when geared tells me gear doesnt seem to be affecting as it should be or has been greatly nerfed for the WS calc.

I mean a single Raging Rush, which has multiple levels of randomness (how many hits, how many DAs, how many crits) is hardly a definitive test of gear impact :lol:

Unless you have been either hoarding Haguns, had something like 50%+ double attack, somehow were level 80 something and had 200+ str, or changed the amount at which you TP I am going to press X to doubt on your averages. Even just a basic look at Gekko will show you what the upper bounds on damage would be without Hagun using at 100% TP.

doserexe wrote:

I mean........

Looks like your gear is still having an effect. I don't see the problem. Even vs an EP a lot of your posted gear is probably dead weight btw, unless your skills are gimp or something.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:51 am 

Myupih wrote:
Replacement wrote:

I mean a single Raging Rush, which has multiple levels of randomness (how many hits, how many DAs, how many crits) is hardly a definitive test of gear impact :lol:

Unless you have been either hoarding Haguns, had something like 50%+ double attack, somehow were level 80 something and had 200+ str, or changed the amount at which you TP I am going to press X to doubt on your averages. Even just a basic look at Gekko will show you what the upper bounds on damage would be without Hagun using at 100% TP.

doserexe wrote:

I mean........

Looks like your gear is still having an effect. I don't see the problem. Even vs an EP a lot of your posted gear is probably dead weight btw, unless your skills are gimp or something.

I think you're missing the point that completely naked versus fully geared, he should be doing more damage than 60 more. As for raging rush, I can concur that regardless of double attack/berserk/aggressor/naked/no food/full food/full gear/whatever it is not being calculated correctly. Moreover, the average damage of raging rush before this nerf patch and the buff patch was significantly higher, regardless of your "completely random" theory.

Last edited by diabolikal on Tue May 26, 2020 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:59 am 

diabolikal wrote:

I think you're missing the point that completely naked versus fully geared, he should be doing more damage than 60 more. As for raging rush, I can concur that regardless of double attack/berserk/aggressor/naked/no food/full food/full gear/whatever it is not being calculated correctly. Moreover, the average damage of raging rush before the patch before this one was significantly higher, regardless of your "completely random" theory.

No he shouldn't, at least not if you understand how Tachi: Gekko works. It's probably the absolute worst weapon skill to do a test like this with. It has a huge innate attack bonus, that's why it's good even vs. high level mobs. With the attack boost and attacking weak mobs without massive defense any attack he adds is wasted because his attack is already is capped vs his targets. He may as well wear tourmaline earrings and a heko-obi. He also is using a weapon that would make the impact of his gear even less apparent. It's not that complicated.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:03 am 

Myupih wrote:
diabolikal wrote:

I think you're missing the point that completely naked versus fully geared, he should be doing more damage than 60 more. As for raging rush, I can concur that regardless of double attack/berserk/aggressor/naked/no food/full food/full gear/whatever it is not being calculated correctly. Moreover, the average damage of raging rush before the patch before this one was significantly higher, regardless of your "completely random" theory.

No he shouldn't, at least not if you understand how Tachi: Gekko works. It's probably the absolute worst weapon skill to do a test like this with. It has a huge innate attack bonus, that's why it's good even vs. high level mobs. With the attack boost and attacking mobs without massive defense any attack he adds is wasted because his attack is already is capped vs his targets. He may as well wear tourmaline earrings and a heko-obi. He also is using a weapon that would make the impact of his gear even less apparent. It's not that complicated.

I'm not debating the gekko thing as I don't play sam. I do however play warrior and can say with one hundred percent certainty, I am doing less damage than I did prior to the buff patch.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:10 am 

diabolikal wrote:

I'm not debating the gekko thing as I don't play sam. I do however play warrior.

Well you were 3 posts earlier, so I was just responding to that.