Lobby: Up
Online: 39
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC

Would you like to see Alchemy and Fishing Guide on here?
Poll ended at Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:23 am
Yes 80%  80%  [ 8 ]
No 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Other Guides 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 10
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:09 pm 

There's also this question. Both the fishing and cooking guilds are in Windy, and the Windy area is definitely not short on fishing spots. Why mostly ignore it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:11 pm 

Lyce wrote:
Jediman wrote:
Please make your own guide on the forum rather hijack someone else's thread.

Not trying to hijack your thread, just give people other options. This is a forum thread not your own webpage, public forum is public.

Jediman wrote:
All I ask if you like this guide is to Donate 10k to me as I'm broke Character Name: Jedimax in-game /tell.

I appreciate the work you put into your guide, and appreciate that you wanted to help others, but if your method works, why are you broke?

He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

ETA: This would be much better served in the crafting section of the forums.

Edit #2: Lyce's fishing guide is the one I used to get mine to 100.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

Last edited by Kazen on Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:26 pm 

Lyce wrote:
I appreciate the work you put into your guide, and appreciate that you wanted to help others, but if your method works, why are you broke?

Cooking & Fishing combo is the FFXI equivalent of a Literature degree mixed with a Gender Studies MSc, a vow of perpetual poverty.

Also, the guide is visually repulsive. Jediman owes me 10K for even looking at it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:54 pm 

Jediman wrote:
All I ask if you like this guide is to Donate 10k to me as I'm broke Character Name: Jedimax in-game /tell.

Quote:

He's broke because he's doing this strictly to gain levels. If your only aim in the foreseeable future is to level cooking and fishing, this might be helpful. You're definitely not going to get rich doing it, and you're not going to have money to do anything else. But, don't level cooking and fishing on the same character, because once you hit the 60's in fishing, you'll want to spend all your free time at Qufim/Sauromugue.

Farming your mats is usually not the best way to go about it; Level THF, find your money markets, farm until your eyes bleed, go back to town and spam some levels. Goblins in West Ronfaure and King Ranperre's Tomb are pretty decent money at low levels. Try to pop Jack, kill Spook a few times an hour, and you'll be fine. This way, you can build up a reserve of gil for other needs, instead of sinking what little money you have into crystals. If you ever find yourself stopping because you can't really afford crystals, you're definitely doing something wrong.

PS. Can I get 10k for my advice? :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:45 pm 

XooZQ wrote:
Jediman wrote:

Quote:

He's broke because he's doing this strictly to gain levels. If your only aim in the foreseeable future is to level cooking and fishing, this might be helpful. You're definitely not going to get rich doing it, and you're not going to have money to do anything else. But, don't level cooking and fishing on the same character, because once you hit the 60's in fishing, you'll want to spend all your free time at Qufim/Sauromugue.

Farming your mats is usually not the best way to go about it; Level THF, find your money markets, farm until your eyes bleed, go back to town and spam some levels. Goblins in West Ronfaure and King Ranperre's Tomb are pretty decent money at low levels. Try to pop Jack, kill Spook a few times an hour, and you'll be fine. This way, you can build up a reserve of gil for other needs, instead of sinking what little money you have into crystals. If you ever find yourself stopping because you can't really afford crystals, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Actually, I know much better things to farm than Goblins, Spook, and JEJ. Can I get 10k in advance, before I part with said information?

^-^

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:38 am 

Knarlfist wrote:
XooZQ wrote:
Jediman wrote:

Quote:

Actually, I know much better things to farm than Goblins, Spook, and JEJ. Can I get 10k in advance, before I part with said information?

^-^

The point is to give them some kind of idea of what's worth it without giving up anyone else's primary sources of income. Nobody cares about goblins, and they're plentiful anyway. Spook, maybe. If it's worth enabling another undercutter, knock yourself out :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:30 am 

Lyce wrote:
Jediman wrote:
Please make your own guide on the forum rather hijack someone else's thread.

Not trying to hijack your thread, just give people other options. This is a forum thread not your own webpage, public forum is public.

This is a Combined Guide for Cooking & Fishing not just fishing tho?

Jediman wrote:

You didn't bother reading the title... Maybe because I have less time to play? Like 30min if that. ( the game is good hence why the guide in 2020 ) "Why am I broke" Because this guide is how to craft cheap using Cooking & Fishing.
Most players know by now you start making gil after 60+ onwards with fishing supporting you. You fish your bait you cut the cost in your pocket.

Quote:
Lyce: I made this two years ago, easy guide to make gil while leveling fishing... Use or don't ^

While you're at it put the cooking guide below...but don't stop there you got the rest of the crafting guide too. And I don't believe it's your own guide you just got the image from here https://na.nasomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6841

Had it been your own guide you would start a new thread for others to comment on it. Ho I forgot you made a new account there...lol

Had you said you made the guide 10 years ago maybe we would have believe you grandpa

Kazen:
Quote:

He took the crafting guide from somewhere else and put it here I can't stop laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What friends do to backup each other lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:21 am 

Code:
Updated guide Cooking 74 Salmon Meuniere 28/06/2020

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:47 am 

Jediman wrote:
Kazen:
Quote:

He took the crafting guide from somewhere else and put it here I can't stop laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What friends do to backup each other lol

I don't know Lyce. I just know they've been around for awhile, nice try though.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:47 pm 

Jediman wrote:
Quote:
Lyce: I made this two years ago, easy guide to make gil while leveling fishing... Use or don't ^

While you're at it put the cooking guide below...but don't stop there you got the rest of the crafting guide too. And I don't believe it's your own guide you just got the image from here https://na.nasomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6841

Had it been your own guide you would start a new thread for others to comment on it. Ho I forgot you made a new account there...lol

I'm glad people kept sharing around my guide and got some use out of it, it took me nearly 5 minutes to create. I really don't care if you believe me, but for the sake of my integrity:

That's the date I added the two imgur links (remember when I said I made it two years ago?), one for sharing with LS members (where to sell fish/how much), one without sales info I put on the forums.

Not sure what you're getting at with making a new account, I've always only ever had one - this one.

I didn't make my own thread with the guide because it's just a screencap of a spreadsheet, I posted it in other's threads where they were asking about leveling fishing. It being shared around is a good testament that it works, though, so let's see what happens with your guide!

EDIT: I was bored so I found the first place it was posted (check the name) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4669