Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:28 pm 

XooZQ wrote:
Haduk wrote:
Tanthalos wrote:

Not as similar, but close. COR CAN BE expensive though. BRD, not so much...

You can also get cor 75 naked, just let whoever is inviting you u have no gear, no ranged weapon, no way whatsoever of pullin or sleeping, and you will still get invites, so along as you have all the rolls

I almost vomited at this comment. I've heard from veteran players and noobs, "You don't need X".

YES YOU FUCKING DO.

X is a variable, u dont need jack to lvl cor, now if u wanna lvl, say pld, u need a shield... NEED/WANT/BiS/ all diff things man, chill.

Best PLD BRD BLM DNC SCH on Nasomi 8-)

Voted Nasomi Player of the Millennium :ugeek:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:57 pm 

Haduk wrote:
XooZQ wrote:
Haduk wrote:

You can also get cor 75 naked, just let whoever is inviting you u have no gear, no ranged weapon, no way whatsoever of pullin or sleeping, and you will still get invites, so along as you have all the rolls

I almost vomited at this comment. I've heard from veteran players and noobs, "You don't need X".

YES YOU FUCKING DO.

X is a variable, u dont need jack to lvl cor, now if u wanna lvl, say pld, u need a shield... NEED/WANT/BiS/ all diff things man, chill.

What the fuck? No, you NEED BiS in every place you can afford it. Every piece of gear that isn't BiS reduces your overall effectiveness at your job by a small percentage. If everyone took the same passive attitude, the overall effectiveness of the group is reduced by a significant amount. Want to have a mediocre time? Go with second-rate. Want to have an exceptional time? Go with the best.

There's a silly SAM floating around with no sub, and when you say you don't need X, this is the territory you're defending. New players that read what you just wrote are going to show up to your next party in sub-par gear, doing sub-par damage, not eating food, but this is the player you want. Get real.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:31 am 

Well....this is entertaining.....^.^

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:48 am 

XooZQ wrote:
Haduk wrote:
XooZQ wrote:

YES YOU FUCKING DO.

What the fuck? No, you NEED BiS in every place you can afford it. Every piece of gear that isn't BiS reduces your overall effectiveness at your job by a small percentage. If everyone took the same passive attitude, the overall effectiveness of the group is reduced by a significant amount. Want to have a mediocre time? Go with second-rate. Want to have an exceptional time? Go with the best.

There's a silly SAM floating around with no sub, and when you say you don't need X, this is the territory you're defending. New players that read what you just wrote are going to show up to your next party in sub-par gear, doing sub-par damage, not eating food, but this is the player you want. Get real.

Chill man... :roll: still dont need jack to lvl cor, heck, Ive seen brds in mire pull with santa gear and do just fine... I was talkin about Cor, iono where u pull that subless sam from....

Best PLD BRD BLM DNC SCH on Nasomi 8-)

Voted Nasomi Player of the Millennium :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:59 am 

Haduk wrote:
Chill man... :roll: still dont need jack to lvl cor, heck, Ive seen brds in mire pull with santa gear and do just fine... I was talkin about Cor, iono where u pull that subless sam from....

Just returning the favour.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:20 am 

I mean, I suppose it's probably better to say that it's mostly OK to go 90% of the way, since it's relatively inexpensive to do so for most jobs (i.e., go with an nq that's 2% less effective if it save you 1mil on a piece you'll use for 5 levels... people probably won't be too harsh on you for not having a pair of sniper +1's and a speed belt on your first 75), but if you're not willing to put in the effort you'll likely end up in the Gimp Players thread.

Some jobs are just flat-out more expensive than others to not suck at, e.g.: if you're a WAR with a half-leveled NIN sub in the 60's wearing full AF rocking a lv40 greatsword and nq amemet mantle and balance rings, people are gonna be upset (or at least talk about you in their LS). If you're leveling SAM, then yeah, you're probably gonna need to take the time and save up for some Kote, a Hauby, etc. BRD? COR? RDM even? Yeah, you can probably cheap out a good bit and people won't notice much or care, and it won't have a huge impact on exp/hr.

Of course, if you're pimped out, it sure helps :) Having a COR pop off respectable Slug Shots while still getting rolls out efficiently definitely doesn't hurt exp/hr.

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"