Lobby: Up
Online: 67
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:28 am 

So my wife and I were considering switching to Windy and getting to rank 8 real fast to get Master Caster's, but I understand that switching nations on this server irreparably breaks your ZM once you enter Norg after doing so. We have Sky warp already, so I guess in theory it may not matter, but my question is this:

My wife chose the wrong earring when we did Divine Might, and we haven't redone it yet, if she commits to this and switches nations, since ZMs break, am I correct in assuming she will never be able to redo the Divine Might? If so, if only I commit to switching nations, would I at least still be able to help her redo DM, or would the server prevent granting me access incorrectly believing I don't meet the prerequisites to do the fight?

I guess maybe it may be an option for us to just go ahead and get it done before the next conquest tally, and hurry up and try to redo DM for her before she ever goes to Norg again, but idk, things breaking worries me.

Last edited by Mijin on Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:13 am 

Viktoriya wrote:
That bug still isn't fixed? I remember reporting it back in 2016.

Not that I'm aware of. That would be pretty cool if it is though, but we're kind of pushing it close to the deadline of the conquest tally now anyway so it may be a moot point. We decided it would be safest to just redo DM before we change nations since I couldn't find anyone who knew if changing nations breaks DM or not. She's been waiting hours for the fountain to fill.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:41 am 

Well since it was a full moon we just did a DM real quick for her to switch earrings, so I guess it doesn't matter now. Kind of still curious though if the ZM bug when you change nations locks you out of DM though, I'm thinking it probably doesn't (as long as you've done it before) since it's a quest, but it wasn't worth the risk.

Idk if we'll have time to pull off rank 8 before conquest tally now though lol. Not sure how many of the windy missions require you to wait until after midnight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:55 am 

You can be our guinea pig :D

Is Gakure your wife? Nice to hear about other couples who play together :)

I suck.
Ninja is the best job.
http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:44 pm 

Nalaeia wrote:
You can be our guinea pig :D

Is Gakure your wife? Nice to hear about other couples who play together :)

Lol na Gakure is my alt. Wembley is my wife; we actually met on the game way back in 2005 :P

I won't be able to test if we can still redo divine might now that we've already redone hers, but I'd be able to test if we can still enter if anyone wants to hit me up for a hand when they're doing a run I'd be happy to help out so long as I can get in.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:56 am 

Finish CoP and get the crag warp to Sky before changing nations. Once you get rank 5 in new nation you’ll be put back on ZM1 and no longer be able to get into Sky via hall of the gods. It took nas almost a year of me messaging him everyday to get this resolved. It shouldn’t affect DM though as it’s a quest. I was able to redo it once Nas fixed the elevator for me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:55 pm 

Is it possible to just re-do the Zilart missions and regain access via Hall of the Gods? Yeah, it sucks, but it's not hard, really. I remember at one point I was told it was 'fixed' so that you could, but at another point was told it was busted and that the tonberry fight wouldn't ever start. Also, has anyone tried lately to see if you get your OPs back if you change back? I've heard mixed reports there, as well.

I've been toying around with the idea of changing nations to try out the other mission lines, and mebbe eventually get all three flags to put up in my mog :) If nothing else, it'll be another thing to do to pass the time while qq'ing over a [perceived?] lack of new blood ;;

I'd put cool pics of my achievements/items here, if they were anything interesting. How about "I pooped today! \o/"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:19 pm 

If people could at all count on assistance from nasomi, more would have changed and be able to let you know. But nas loves to ignore people in IRC, so most of the people that have tried this never got help and are long gone.

I have personally been waiting 6 years for him to fix my inability to get the warrior of the crystal title, which has kept me from getting the sky teleport, or else Id have just switched by now myself.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:43 am 

Gollum wrote:
Is it possible to just re-do the Zilart missions and regain access via Hall of the Gods? Yeah, it sucks, but it's not hard, really. I remember at one point I was told it was 'fixed' so that you could, but at another point was told it was busted and that the tonberry fight wouldn't ever start. Also, has anyone tried lately to see if you get your OPs back if you change back? I've heard mixed reports there, as well.

I've been toying around with the idea of changing nations to try out the other mission lines, and mebbe eventually get all three flags to put up in my mog :) If nothing else, it'll be another thing to do to pass the time while qq'ing over a [perceived?] lack of new blood ;;

I was told by multiple sources that after switching it's impossible to finish ZM again, and that's why it's imperative to finish both ZM, CoP, and obtain skywarp before ever switching. I'm of the understanding that after switching ZM won't actually "break" until after entering Norg again and receiving the zone ZM CS there though. I haven't heard anyone say that it's been fixed.

I've also been told that OP warps and conquest points are retained after switching back. I'll be able to confirm that when we switch back. We'll switch back after we hit rank 10 probably; rank 9 Windy atm. We decided to go the whole way to eventually pick up an aketon there too.

However, I'll never be able to confirm about being able to redo DM after switching because we redid it for her before we switched on Wednesday night. Eventually, I'm sure I'll test to see if we can at least still enter the fight to help others though.

I would test myself to see if ZM can be redone or not, but I'm a little nervous that if I start doing ZM again it will break something else, and since we have skywarp already it's not worth the risk. I'd also kind of like to get Bastok rank 10 too so we can have all three rank 10 and collect the outpost warps for all switching between them periodically on Saturday evenings, but a little nervous on that front too.

Also, it may be worth noting to anyone considering doing this, while we were doing the windy missions we ran into bugs several times where we either got a CS and went to the next NPC and nothing happened, or we zoned into an area to get a CS and no CS happened and had to either go back and redo a CS again and or talk to the same NPC again. For whatever reason, the common factor seems to be having agro. Having agro when zoning prevented a CS that we were supposed to get when we zoned inside FMF. Having agro while warping prevened a CS from a NPC back in Windrust. I've heard this from other people too on CoP missions. Just something to consider.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:44 am 

...and I changed nation in the first week for both of my characters.

RIP