Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Finally made it
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:17 am 

So this is my first time ever playing FF 11 due to not having internet in back when I was in high school. But I was always curious about the game anytime I would see the Brady Games strategy guide. I got into FF 14 ARR during its release and played on and o and finally quit because everything started to feel pointless and how fast everything was. I recently found time earlier this month to actually sit down and play FF 11 and it's been a hell of a ride so far. I finally made it to Valkurm Dunes from Bastok. The feeling of know you worked pretty hard for the equipment and the levels you gain is awesome. When I would die or Dlevel I would often stop and try to figure what I did wrong, did I get too greedy and not stop to recover hp. By far the most fun I've had in a MMO in years!

Post subject: Re: Finally made it
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:14 pm 

Problems with most MMOs in my opinion is they are just too easy....The hardest part of new MMOs is most of their hard content is just based on your ability to time your moves. FFXI plays much slower, timing is still important with stuns and things like that. However, things can go wrong fast if you just don't have the right setup, strategy, equipment, use of abilities, having weapons skilled up, magic skilled up....so much more goes into what can go wrong.

Post subject: Re: Finally made it
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:27 pm 

Glad to hear you are enjoying it! This, along with the sense of community, is exactly why I continue to come back to this MMO time and time again. Modern MMOs simply do not feel fulfilling due to no sense of accomplishment in gaining levels, money, equipment, etc.