Lobby: Up
Online: 46
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: RDM Maat fight - Help
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:43 pm 

I am on RDM Maat fight and I have a few ??'s for anyone who has done this on Nasomi.

When I entered Maat had a pet, which is incorrect. It didn't attack so it wasn't a problem, but now i'm curious as to what else may be different.

Also, when i attempted a second time, I could not use my test again. This may be an era thing as I forget if you could use it 3 times pre 2006.

Also any tips would be helpful, my skills are all capped or near cap and I only managed to get him to 40%~ HP.

-Malidar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:16 pm 

You can't use a test more than once, have to drop and get it again. . didn't even know they changed that on retail.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:22 pm 

Standard kite/sleep and nuke fight. Focus on int gear. Keep grav on, bind/sleep between nukes. Use sleep 1/2 when you need to rest or convert. Take meds in with if you want more mp (nq/hq vile elixir).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:16 am 

Thanks guys. I think my biggest problem was uncapped enfeebling, he resisted me a bunch.
I'll farm a new test and try again tomorrow :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:45 pm 

i went 1/9 on RDM Maat fight.
I am an Elvaan and it made things very difficult.
I did the bind.sleep & nuke strategy and there were various outcomes mostly in me timing out with Maat at <5% HP, or him breaking an enfeeble and smacking me down.
I had capped skills all around. and got some help with some HQ staves, an Ele toque and a bunch of meds.
Even with all this I still lost a few times.

My final strategy I entered with a creme puff > refresh > run to circle > SS/blink/phalanx > sleep 2 > silence >dispel >grav > bind > Chainspell Aero 3/Bliz 2 > convert > cure 4 > Nuke (he was hitting me at this point, and i got off a bunch of nukes as he at through my buffs and some HP) > sleep 2 > vial elixer +1 (55% hp/mp) > silence (wore) > buffs > grav > Nuke til low MP > sleep > pro-ether + vile elixer nq > bind / grav > nuke til win.

If your RDM Elv/Galka, i'd suggest going all out - balls to the walls - and even consider sword capped with icarus wing to start. Buff and take hits, playing it safe takes too long, and even geared to the teeth with capped skills, there is a lot of luck that plays with the variety of things Maat will pull off (like cure 4 x2 at 1% as I make my final nukes and time out)

I didnt play RDM past 40 in Retail so I'm sure there are people with better understanding, just want to share.

P.S. dont worry about Maat's pet, it doesnt attack, just dont target it.