Online: 81
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Partial Solo?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:25 am 

Hey!

Let me start by saying that I am not against being in a party. I just want to play while I am at work as well, and I would need to drop out at a moment's notice. I wouldn't want to keep bailing on a party because of some work stuff.

I played for a few years back in 2004-ish, and BST was the only job that could really solo. Is that the case here? I ask because I quit around the time Chains came out. I've googled it and everything seems pretty confusing and I can't really place where this server stops versus retail. I know retail has introduced a fair amount things to help out the soloists, are those events/tools/equipment on this server? Thanks in advance for your help!

-Pathayne

Post subject: Re: Partial Solo?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:32 am 

The server is largely based around the Chains of Promathia era. There are some minimal exceptions to this but that is the era the server is closest to. Having said that, the server has the same outlook on solo activity that FFXI did back in that era. It is largely unsupported (bst is still the primary solo class and partying is still the primary method of getting exp for pretty much everything else as well as being required for many other things). The oldschool settings are a primary aim of the server so this is unlikely to be changed in any significant way (not saying you were trying to change it, just giving you notice).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:34 pm 

asuranknight wrote:
The server is largely based around the Chains of Promathia era. There are some minimal exceptions to this but that is the era the server is closest to. Having said that, the server has the same outlook on solo activity that FFXI did back in that era. It is largely unsupported (bst is still the primary solo class and partying is still the primary method of getting exp for pretty much everything else as well as being required for many other things). The oldschool settings are a primary aim of the server so this is unlikely to be changed in any significant way (not saying you were trying to change it, just giving you notice).

Okay, thanks for the info! Maybe I'll just level my RDM like I did back in the day. I was able to solo a little with RDM/NIN.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:43 pm 

blm, rdm, smn, bst, and drg/mage are all capable of soloing much better than other classes (blu is usually on that list but I cant speak for it here on nasomi since some if its spells arent as good as they should be) . Id say the best solo exp possible would be on bst.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:20 am 

Sly wrote:
blm, rdm, smn, bst, and drg/mage are all capable of soloing much better than other classes (blu is usually on that list but I cant speak for it here on nasomi since some if its spells arent as good as they should be) . Id say the best solo exp possible would be on bst.

Nice. I'm thinking my old RDM/NIN combo may do me well then. Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:45 am 

There are plenty of BSTs on the server and a BST LS if you need help/duo/tio/parties.

and as stated above, RDM BLM SMN can all solo well, but it can be very slow at higher levels.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:31 pm 

You are also allowed to dual box on this server. So soloing with 2 characters at the same time would likely work quite well.