Lobby: Up
Online: 73
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Why I Hate TOAU
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:33 am 

StickyWicket wrote:
If the stance is no ToAU then take it completely out. Delete everyone's ToAU jobs/gear, and move on as a CoP server. Being on the fence with ToAU is what is causing these debates.

Even if all the ToAU jobs/gear were removed, this would still be a ToAU+ server where everyone was simply too poor to afford any expac after CoP. The actual mechanics that we play under are distinctly ToAU or later; there would need to be some serious coding to make this an actual CoP server, rather than just a ToAU server with a conspicuous shortage of 50+ camps. The "2005/CoP server!" claim is just there to try to undermine complaints about lack of ToAU camps.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:07 am 

Aselius wrote:
Kubisnaxx wrote:
StickyWicket wrote:
If the stance is no ToAU then take it completely out. Delete everyone's ToAU jobs/gear, and move on as a CoP server. Being on the fence with ToAU is what is causing these debates.

all the 75 CORs, BLUs, and PUPs on the server gonna be happy with it being deleted? all the +1/HQ gear everyone has for those jobs (including the stuff i got for COR) going to waste? How do you think that will go with the majority of people on this server?

You bring up an excellent point Kubi, I would be very sad indeed. That poor PUP

Have I been summoned?

:O

loljk

I was actually going to +1 the chest tho lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:14 pm 

Hi tokitaki ^^ i like you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:43 pm 

And then eventually everyone will do everything in TOAU and we have to use the next expansion. And then the expansion after that. Ad infinitum.

StickyWicket wrote:
Hollywoodhavoc wrote:
That's unfortunate because without ToAU this server will never live up to its full potential. Anyone who knows how to play this game will have accomplished everything there is to do within a year or so, and then will become bored with it and stop. That's the boat I'm in now, sure it's still fun from time to time, but with no new content there's nothing that draws me to play much anymore, sure I can level another craft to 100, or make another relic but even that isn't enough to keep people playing. This is just my opinion but anyone who has been here for awhile knows there isn't much left to do, even with sea being fixed (which is great) everyone will have all that gear in a few months. Make nasomi great again, add ToAU.

It sounds like the general consensus, and the view from Nas is enjoy the content while you can, and take a break when your bored, while watching for a different private server that supports all 75 content.

I love the Nas server, and think he does a great job. My only negative comment is this 1 stance that he knows what the players want, and it is not ToAU. No one knows what the players really want which is why typially there are teams of GM's and devs constantly tweaking the code. Also every game ever made that has the ability to release an expansion does so to encourage people to stay that little bit longer. By saying no to ToAU, which, could possible work in a couple years Nas server becomes akin to Super Mario Bros. Yes it is super fun to pull out, and play through, but after a couple plays it goes back in the box stored again for years.

Don't let the Nas FFXI end up in my box of old game. Think of the old players who have finished the content, and are ready to retire, and the new players who won't have as much help to play, and leave in frustration. Run the server how you wish, but please don't pretend we're cookie cutter sprites that all have the same goal.

I don't read the stories anymore, or care about nitpicking story line, and plot twists. I just want to have fun with a bunch of random strangers beating up monsters, collecting loot, and enjoying the FFXI I remember through THICK smudged glass. ToUA does have benefits obv or it never would have been implemented.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:56 pm 

Grahf wrote:
And then eventually everyone will do everything in TOAU and we have to use the next expansion. And then the expansion after that. Ad infinitum.

StickyWicket wrote:
Hollywoodhavoc wrote:
That's unfortunate because without ToAU this server will never live up to its full potential. Anyone who knows how to play this game will have accomplished everything there is to do within a year or so, and then will become bored with it and stop. That's the boat I'm in now, sure it's still fun from time to time, but with no new content there's nothing that draws me to play much anymore, sure I can level another craft to 100, or make another relic but even that isn't enough to keep people playing. This is just my opinion but anyone who has been here for awhile knows there isn't much left to do, even with sea being fixed (which is great) everyone will have all that gear in a few months. Make nasomi great again, add ToAU.

It sounds like the general consensus, and the view from Nas is enjoy the content while you can, and take a break when your bored, while watching for a different private server that supports all 75 content.

I love the Nas server, and think he does a great job. My only negative comment is this 1 stance that he knows what the players want, and it is not ToAU. No one knows what the players really want which is why typially there are teams of GM's and devs constantly tweaking the code. Also every game ever made that has the ability to release an expansion does so to encourage people to stay that little bit longer. By saying no to ToAU, which, could possible work in a couple years Nas server becomes akin to Super Mario Bros. Yes it is super fun to pull out, and play through, but after a couple plays it goes back in the box stored again for years.

Don't let the Nas FFXI end up in my box of old game. Think of the old players who have finished the content, and are ready to retire, and the new players who won't have as much help to play, and leave in frustration. Run the server how you wish, but please don't pretend we're cookie cutter sprites that all have the same goal.

I don't read the stories anymore, or care about nitpicking story line, and plot twists. I just want to have fun with a bunch of random strangers beating up monsters, collecting loot, and enjoying the FFXI I remember through THICK smudged glass. ToUA does have benefits obv or it never would have been implemented.

Most people don't want anything past ToAU though. That's a pretty silly argument.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:28 pm 

Grahf wrote:

ToAU is where FFXI ended for me, and the last expansion I would play on any legacy server. I quit during WotG, as it started going in a weird direction. If you want past ToAU you might as well go to retail IMO.

My problem is ToAU has been partially enabled, so it creates a want that cannot be filled due to bias statements about peoples personal opinions. In all fairness the only person's opinion I care about is Nasomi's. I just want to voice the side of "Finish the 75 content from FFXI's prime" to Nasomi who may never read this in the flood of personal opinion.

Say what you want about ToAU but it is here. It has been here since the jobs, and zone were unlocked. I only see 2 paths that live up to Nasomi's dream.
1. Kill off all of ToAU. Become a true CoP legacy server, and stop everything after CoP. Jobs are nice, but limited in usefulness without the gear to back them up.
2. Implement ToAU one day. It doesn't have to be tomorrow or even 2017, but don't take it off the table as something that could come back. Especially if you're going to try to tell me it is what I want.

I joined Nasomi for the community. My brother recommended it to me as we played FFXI hardcore in retail years ago, and it is how we bond. I didn't totally read everything when I started which is on me. My point is this server is full of all types of people with various goals. Your goals are not my goals. You are not more right than I am on what expansions are good. This is Nasomi's server to build as he sees fit, but we all live in his world, and I want to see it grow, so I can share it with everyone for years to come. This stance is an end point we will all hit eventually, so why create the end point now?

Why not leave the question open, and the possibility open, so we all have something to dream about (Well except for you ToAU haters).

TL:DR Version: Let's get everyone on even ground, and share in building a great FFXI server community. Let's stop nit picking what ToAU content is worth implementing, and just implement the whole darn thing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:01 am 

StickyWicket wrote:
Grahf wrote:

ToAU is where FFXI ended for me, and the last expansion I would play on any legacy server. I quit during WotG, as it started going in a weird direction. If you want past ToAU you might as well go to retail IMO.

My problem is ToAU has been partially enabled, so it creates a want that cannot be filled due to bias statements about peoples personal opinions. In all fairness the only person's opinion I care about is Nasomi's. I just want to voice the side of "Finish the 75 content from FFXI's prime" to Nasomi who may never read this in the flood of personal opinion.

Say what you want about ToAU but it is here. It has been here since the jobs, and zone were unlocked. I only see 2 paths that live up to Nasomi's dream.
1. Kill off all of ToAU. Become a true CoP legacy server, and stop everything after CoP. Jobs are nice, but limited in usefulness without the gear to back them up.
2. Implement ToAU one day. It doesn't have to be tomorrow or even 2017, but don't take it off the table as something that could come back. Especially if you're going to try to tell me it is what I want.

I joined Nasomi for the community. My brother recommended it to me as we played FFXI hardcore in retail years ago, and it is how we bond. I didn't totally read everything when I started which is on me. My point is this server is full of all types of people with various goals. Your goals are not my goals. You are not more right than I am on what expansions are good. This is Nasomi's server to build as he sees fit, but we all live in his world, and I want to see it grow, so I can share it with everyone for years to come. This stance is an end point we will all hit eventually, so why create the end point now?

Why not leave the question open, and the possibility open, so we all have something to dream about (Well except for you ToAU haters).

TL:DR Version: Let's get everyone on even ground, and share in building a great FFXI server community. Let's stop nit picking what ToAU content is worth implementing, and just implement the whole darn thing.

Yeah, just nuke all those COR's and BLU's who've put a ton of effort into building up their characters!

I'd rather SOME ToAU than none at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:29 am 

tokitaki wrote:
Yeah, just nuke all those COR's and BLU's who've put a ton of effort into building up their characters!

Haha you did make the mistake of building a ToAU job on a very vocally CoP era server, so you kinda had it coming.

Seriously though I would rather see ToAU content added than anything else removed. That comment is just me being an jerk, and following Nasomi law to the letter. If he wanted a CoP server then ToAU should never have even been turned on. Nas opened the door to ToAU, now he's trying to shut it with all his might. It's like waving a cookie in front of a dog. You're going to get bit eventually, and the longer you tease the harder that bite will be.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:17 am 

StickyWicket wrote:
tokitaki wrote:

Haha you did make the mistake of building a ToAU job on a very vocally CoP era server, so you kinda had it coming.

Seriously though I would rather see ToAU content added than anything else removed. That comment is just me being an jerk, and following Nasomi law to the letter. If he wanted a CoP server then ToAU should never have even been turned on. Nas opened the door to ToAU, now he's trying to shut it with all his might. It's like waving a cookie in front of a dog. You're going to get bit eventually, and the longer you tease the harder that bite will be.

It wasn't always that way. Besides that, that's the entire point of having ToAU partially open, the jobs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:36 am 

tokitaki wrote:
StickyWicket wrote:
tokitaki wrote:

It wasn't always that way. Besides that, that's the entire point of having ToAU partially open, the jobs.

I'm personally not a fan of the jobs. I like other people playing them sometimes (COR), but for me its the content. Fighting those Salvage bosses were super fun for 18 ppl, Einherjar is like pit Dynamis super fun, having Assault gear to put hours of missions into instead of millions of gil, and of course merit birds (I'm a BRD. I'm sorry it's fun to pull flocks of them). I know some of that may take years to code out. I don't follow the darkstar project as close as I should. I do however think it will bring another level to Nasomi that some players will really appreciate.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next