Lobby: Up
Online: 52
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Question about FPS cap.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:33 am 

Recently discovered how to uncap FPS but I was told by another player it can get you stuck in cut scenes. Is this still true? If it is true, is it still okay to uncap when not expecting to run into a cut scene; like while farming, traveling or in a party? Thanks for any response, sorry if I missed something already answering my question.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:29 pm 

Fel wrote:
Recently discovered how to uncap FPS but I was told by another player it can get you stuck in cut scenes. Is this still true? If it is true, is it still okay to uncap when not expecting to run into a cut scene; like while farming, traveling or in a party? Thanks for any response, sorry if I missed something already answering my question.

I've gotten stuck in plenty of cutscenes while playing at 30 fps. It just happens sometimes, I don't think the uncapped FPS is the source of the issue, but if you're superstitious you could always try doing the same cutscene both ways?

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:02 am 

Fel wrote:

I've been the one saying this in LS chat, as I was told by Nasomi that talk/useage of the FPS plugin isn't allowed because 1) It's not on the allowed plugins list and 2) It causes sync issues with the server which can lead to you being either stuck in CS or not getting the completion of the CS on your character. Both of which then cause you to be assisted by Nasomi to have fixed (though I think #1 can be fixed with @release)

Note: I had been put in jail for talking about the FPS plugin, hence why I mention the rule a lot in LS chat. Wouldn't want other people to have the same fate.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:17 pm 

you mean completely uncap the fps so it goes above 60? i find if i do that the games animations go into turbo mode as the animations are directly linked to fps and is rediculous and unplayable as a result, i didnt use any plugins to try this however you used to be able to uncap the fps just by typing /fps 0. I didnt think there was any rules about playing at 60 fps however. though personally i play at 30 because 60 gives me weird motion sickness which is strange as i never get motion sickness with any other game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:17 am 

xandman wrote:
you mean completely uncap the fps so it goes above 60? i find if i do that the games animations go into turbo mode as the animations are directly linked to fps and is rediculous and unplayable as a result, i didnt use any plugins to try this however you used to be able to uncap the fps just by typing /fps 0. I didnt think there was any rules about playing at 60 fps however. though personally i play at 30 because 60 gives me weird motion sickness which is strange as i never get motion sickness with any other game.

The useage of the FPS plugin in and of itself is against the rules, as the FPS plugin isn't listed on the approved plugins list. While I disagree with this (I still don't think that it's possible that higher FPS will cause CS bugs), the rules are the rules. And I have (and might possibly in the future) be jailed for discussing such things in a chat (forum or not)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 pm 

Inecroloot wrote:

The useage of the FPS plugin in and of itself is against the rules, as the FPS plugin isn't listed on the approved plugins list. While I disagree with this (I still don't think that it's possible that higher FPS will cause CS bugs), the rules are the rules. And I have (and might possibly in the future) be jailed for discussing such things in a chat (forum or not)

That doesn't make sense because the FPS plugin is automatically included in the download (from Nasomis download page) for Ashita and is automatically loaded in the config file which Nas himself setup. The wiki is player maintained so if you're going off whats listed in that page, take it with a grain of salt. Nas has repeatedly said that the only approved addons/plugins are already included in the download.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:24 am 

rori wrote:
Inecroloot wrote:

That doesn't make sense because the FPS plugin is automatically included in the download (from Nasomis download page) for Ashita and is automatically loaded in the config file which Nas himself setup. The wiki is player maintained so if you're going off whats listed in that page, take it with a grain of salt. Nas has repeatedly said that the only approved addons/plugins are already included in the download.

I've been jailed for it so.. trust me, I know it's against the rules.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:14 pm 

rori wrote:
Inecroloot wrote:

Because it used to be allowed until some major problems were discovered with allowing it. However, people still talk about it all the time in MH LS. Nas needs to do something a bit more official if he's serious about removing it from the approved list.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:13 pm 

It's not hard to remove it from the autoload in the nas download of ashita, so that all future downloads won't have fps automatically enabled.