Online: 51
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:45 am 

Vlight wrote:
Skerxan wrote:
That being said, the biggest problem is still the TP usage of mobs.

you're not wrong, current mob behavior is nothing like retail is or ever was.

..I suspect the change to force mobs to burn their TP regardless of their HP% was done to make exping easier for the bst and smn parties that like to throw pets at goblins/bombs til they blow themselves up.

it does prevent traditional parties from exping on gobs though, which kinda sucks.

Actually, mobs TPing was "fixed". They used to TP the second they got 100% TP, now it's supposed to be an increasing random amount past 100%, however that random % is waaay too high... If you have a party of 6, chances are the mob will TP every 5-10 seconds (less depending on your setup) which is obviously way higher than retail

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:10 am 

Cyralx wrote:
StickyWicket wrote:
Partied off beetles in West Aletpa was ok, but their TP moves aren't very mean. Soloing BLM I haven't noticed a huge difference. Right now I'm taking the stance that once new camps are found and recorded things should level out, but changing peoples camp locations is hard for some people to grasp. The TP spam I would expect should scale with monster level, but I've only exped for about 6 hours since the change at minimal camps.

I am hearing less people complain about EXP camps now that a few have been discovered. Either people are finding new camps or the vocal people in the LS aren't playing (I'm thinking some combination of both).

If everyone does there part, and updates the party cap locations on WikiNas when you find a good camp range, then new players will have the resources to progress further with less frustration. I've been trying to update some pages on WikiNas (OWNMs, Events), but it is a big task that would be easier/faster with more people involved. If you don't get how to write an article, or aren't PC savvy, then sent me a PM, or /tell, and i'll help update the WikiNas.

If there is some form of bullet list I can mirror what I started for BST camps it would be faster for me to help out. @Cyrlax give me a PM if you need a hand or get a lot of msgs.

I'm also not sure what the stance is for making posts on other wikis sites and if this would be something that may not help keep the server under the radar. So I'd always recommend using the NasWiki and store it on the same page as forums.

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:35 pm 

I would say from my experience that mob TP spam is lower than it used to be, still too high but it has gotten better.

Another big barrier is that breath style attacks are dealing way too much damage. With shell3 my warrior was taking 300-500 from DC raptors in Cape Terrigan. Fixing breath attacks to deal appropriate amounts of damage would open up a wide range of camps.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:59 pm 

I was out and about looking for mobs to xp on , since we gotta find these new and hidden camps...

Davoi is no good... And honestly was it like this on retail `? (inside cavern) EP to a 59 DC 56... do the math.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:43 pm 

Snitch wrote:
I was out and about looking for mobs to xp on , since we gotta find these new and hidden camps...

Davoi is no good... And honestly was it like this on retail `? (inside cavern) EP to a 59 DC 56... do the math.

if you're referring to the large cluster of orcs in that area, no, retail is not like that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:06 pm 

Insight wrote:
if you're referring to the large cluster of orcs in that area, no, retail is not like that

Correct. That is a Nasomi thing. he purposely stuffed a horde of Orcs at that spot for some reason (I never knew why) but it's intentional.

*cue the 'cluster' jokes*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:55 pm 

llowyn wrote:
Insight wrote:

Correct. That is a Nasomi thing. he purposely stuffed a horde of Orcs at that spot for some reason (I never knew why) but it's intentional.

*cue the 'cluster' jokes*

lol :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:23 pm 

Petz wrote:
Cyralx wrote:
StickyWicket wrote:
Partied off beetles in West Aletpa was ok, but their TP moves aren't very mean. Soloing BLM I haven't noticed a huge difference. Right now I'm taking the stance that once new camps are found and recorded things should level out, but changing peoples camp locations is hard for some people to grasp. The TP spam I would expect should scale with monster level, but I've only exped for about 6 hours since the change at minimal camps.

I am hearing less people complain about EXP camps now that a few have been discovered. Either people are finding new camps or the vocal people in the LS aren't playing (I'm thinking some combination of both).

If everyone does there part, and updates the party cap locations on WikiNas when you find a good camp range, then new players will have the resources to progress further with less frustration. I've been trying to update some pages on WikiNas (OWNMs, Events), but it is a big task that would be easier/faster with more people involved. If you don't get how to write an article, or aren't PC savvy, then sent me a PM, or /tell, and i'll help update the WikiNas.

If there is some form of bullet list I can mirror what I started for BST camps it would be faster for me to help out. @Cyrlax give me a PM if you need a hand or get a lot of msgs.

I'm also not sure what the stance is for making posts on other wikis sites and if this would be something that may not help keep the server under the radar. So I'd always recommend using the NasWiki and store it on the same page as forums.

Added a BST Section.
- Someone asked me to add a site change listing. I do not see that option available in the google sites options area.
- I updated the Valkrum dunes now that Ive spent a considerable amount of time there.
- Options/opinions are welcome. As I can only add personal experiences / testing for the areas I completed the next area added will be Qufim.
- If more people would like to contribute please send me your camp notes via PM here. You can do it in the same format i have listed on the site.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:35 pm 

Fuzzel wrote:
Vlight wrote:
Skerxan wrote:
That being said, the biggest problem is still the TP usage of mobs.

you're not wrong, current mob behavior is nothing like retail is or ever was.

..I suspect the change to force mobs to burn their TP regardless of their HP% was done to make exping easier for the bst and smn parties that like to throw pets at goblins/bombs til they blow themselves up.

it does prevent traditional parties from exping on gobs though, which kinda sucks.

Actually, mobs TPing was "fixed". They used to TP the second they got 100% TP, now it's supposed to be an increasing random amount past 100%, however that random % is waaay too high... If you have a party of 6, chances are the mob will TP every 5-10 seconds (less depending on your setup) which is obviously way higher than retail

Yea. It's horrible. This + the scattered new camp changes and testing has put a massive halt on my static group who are 57+. The only times we can truly test high level camps is on a Sunday together. I'm hoping the community will come on here and start adding viable areas rather than just keeping it in their LS's.